Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

yes I am! I had to open my big fat mouth and throw out the idea of going to see the new Twilight movie on Wednesday. 
WHY did I do that???
I always make things ahead of time for Tday on Wednesdays. 

I guess after hearing the screams of happiness from my dd that I can't back out now :/ LOL!!!

Have you opened your big mouth or got roped into something?

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 4:59 PM
Replies (11-20):
taKENheart
by Heatherly on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:59 PM

I can't stand it when it is a take take situation...it's so much nicer when it is a give and take situation. 

Quoting Bethsunshine:

All the time!! I'm learning to keep it shut though. I'm sick of being taken advantage of!

raegan1221
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:00 PM

Actually it's not that bad. It sounds like a lot but it's not too bad. What was bad was 40 dozen that I got slammed with last year on my bday right before Christmas at the last minute. Def not letting that happen again. And yes I love to bake..I just stink at cooking lol.

Quoting taKENheart:

:) do you enjoy baking? I've never gotten into it but I wish I could.
6dozen??? Wow! That sounds exhausting!

Quoting raegan1221:

I always volunteer to bake too much crap. Although I do sell it :). Currently I am putting off a pumpkin roll and 6 dozen cake balls ha.

Faith, Hope & Love "I Will Have Faith in YOU, Hope For YOU To Come Home To Me & Love YOU More Every Day".
taKENheart
by Heatherly on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:10 PM

Ok now that does sound like misery to me...40dozen, OUCH! LOL!

I hear it's usually one or the other...either you are a great cook or a great baker. I guess I'll never be both because baking slightly scares me.

Quoting raegan1221:

Actually it's not that bad. It sounds like a lot but it's not too bad. What was bad was 40 dozen that I got slammed with last year on my bday right before Christmas at the last minute. Def not letting that happen again. And yes I love to bake..I just stink at cooking lol.

Quoting taKENheart:

Quoting raegan1221:

I always volunteer to bake too much crap. Although I do sell it :). Currently I am putting off a pumpkin roll and 6 dozen cake balls ha.

jamielynnef2
by Butterfly Mahi on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:11 PM
I've made strawberry ruhbarb pie....I would suggest crust on top and bottom to cut the sweetness of the pie filling :-) ....one you poke holes on the top crust before you put it in the oven splash a lil milk on top and them sprinkle a lil white sugar on top for a yummy crust :-) it'll brown nice and have a food flavor :-)

Quoting taKENheart:

Well, you've got a crowd coming but gosh that is a long day for prep!

I was wondering if you could help me :)
My ds loves strawberry everything. Have you ever made a strawberry pie? I have a can of strawberry filling just sitting in my cabinet. Can I just throw it in a pie pan and put pie crust on top and bake it?  Would it be better if I had a bottom crust too?

Quoting jamielynnef2:

I male the pies and cramberry salad ...I usually start around 8am and finish around 6pm lol

Hahaha probably...i told you my dh keeps telling me I'm too nice

Quoting taKENheart:

I have to make the desserts and pea salad and anything else I can think of :/  I guess that's what I'll be doing Wednesday night while they are at work.
I'm glad she'll be happy. I might go with her and then guys might see something else...we'll see.

I bet you get yourself roped in more often than most, LOL

Quoting jamielynnef2:

Ya...Wednesday would be a hard day for me to do it lol....but I am taking my other daughter to the movies tomorrow :-) .....you made your dd happy! Lol the sacrifices us Mamas make Haha

Girl, do you know how many times I've done that?? And been like Omg what in the world was I thinking??? Lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
raegan1221
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Lol. See..I really wish I could do both haha. I'm an awful cook:(

Quoting taKENheart:

Ok now that does sound like misery to me...40dozen, OUCH! LOL!

I hear it's usually one or the other...either you are a great cook or a great baker. I guess I'll never be both because baking slightly scares me.

Quoting raegan1221:

Quoting taKENheart:

Quoting raegan1221:

Faith, Hope & Love "I Will Have Faith in YOU, Hope For YOU To Come Home To Me & Love YOU More Every Day".
taKENheart
by Heatherly on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:31 PM

never heard of splashing the milk or adding sugar to the top crust! Thanks...I am sure I have told you that I don't bake.
If you have a pie crust no fail recipe then I would love to have it :)
I actually bought pillsbury pie crust but won't have enough if I do make this strawberry pie.  I'm pretty sure ds will be the only one eating it, LOL! Sweet is not a problem at all :)

Quoting jamielynnef2:

I've made strawberry ruhbarb pie....I would suggest crust on top and bottom to cut the sweetness of the pie filling :-) ....one you poke holes on the top crust before you put it in the oven splash a lil milk on top and them sprinkle a lil white sugar on top for a yummy crust :-) it'll brown nice and have a food flavor :-)

Quoting taKENheart:
MommyAJ2921
by New on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:54 PM

Sure have...remember those disney musical movies about school? The ones with Zac Efron? Got roped into taking the now 19 year old to EVERY one of those stinkin movies. Ohhhmigosh...the screams..LAWD ha mercy...I mean I think Zac is cute but SHEESH...LOL...

bmw29
by Spitfire_Bobbie on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:13 PM

I don't get roped into much. I'm much too mean for that. LOL

jamielynnef2
by Butterfly Mahi on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:34 PM
I do it with all my pies! Everyone always asks what the secret is and that's it for my pies Lol ...you know, you could also just do a crust on the bottom and then whipped cream on top...

About the pie crust...honestly, all mine consists of is warm water, flour,crisco and if I have it a lil baking powder....I dont measure bc my nana and granny never did...I just go off of consistency...nana has been making pies for over 70yrs lol so I use what she taught me lol

Quoting taKENheart:

never heard of splashing the milk or adding sugar to the top crust! Thanks...I am sure I have told you that I don't bake.
If you have a pie crust no fail recipe then I would love to have it :)
I actually bought pillsbury pie crust but won't have enough if I do make this strawberry pie.  I'm pretty sure ds will be the only one eating it, LOL! Sweet is not a problem at all :)

Quoting jamielynnef2:

Quoting taKENheart:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
taKENheart
by Heatherly on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:42 PM

Thanks for all of your help!!!
You say "splash" but do you mean you brush it all over the crust and then sprinkle sugar?
I bought a big tub of cool whip lol so that could work too!

Well, poo, lol! I could never just whip up pie crust without measuring.  That's wonderful that you were taught all of that...that's awesome.  I don't have anything special like that to pass on :/

Quoting jamielynnef2:

I do it with all my pies! Everyone always asks what the secret is and that's it for my pies Lol ...you know, you could also just do a crust on the bottom and then whipped cream on top...

About the pie crust...honestly, all mine consists of is warm water, flour,crisco and if I have it a lil baking powder....I dont measure bc my nana and granny never did...I just go off of consistency...nana has been making pies for over 70yrs lol so I use what she taught me lol

Quoting taKENheart:
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)