Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The good and the bad of the last few weeks...

Posted by   + Show Post

Ok so I've had a ton going on the last little bit. I'll tell y'all about the good points first. We had a field trip on Friday to a local ranch. There were about 20 other kids there and they all had a great time. One of their activities was wrangling the mini horses into a corral that they made out of pipes. The kids were having a tough time of it because the horses did not want to go in at all but Cameron has some horse knowledge from his years of riding lessons and he grabbed some hay and got his horse in that way. LOL I was proud of him for using his noggin on that one. He takes after his mam-ma with the horse wrangling. LOL

Sadly that's pretty much it for the good. The bad list is a little longer. Last week a friend of mine that I hadn't seen in years died in his sleep. I didn't go to the service and I've been feeling a tad guilty for that. As some of you may have noticed these things seem to come in threes. This past Friday evening my husbands best friend was found dead in his living room. We're still not sure what happened, we will just have to wait on the autopsy report. His service is tomorrow so I probably won't be on much. Dh is taking this hard. He seemed to be coping better than I thought it would but it really hit him tonight. :( We were reeling from this all weekend and then Sunday morning my best friend called to tell me that her grandfather had passed away that morning. :( Now I have two funerals to attend the week of Thanksgiving. I'm hoping that this is over for awhile though because frankly this is bullshit. (excuse my french)

I have a feeling I'm going to have my hands full with dh for a bit. He lost his favorite cousin 2 years ago and he still isn't completely over that yet. These were his two best friends in the world and he's feeling all alone at the moment.

Sorry for all the sadness in here. Don't worry about me though, I'm a tough ole' broad and I'll be just fine. :)

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:33 PM
Replies (11-15):
taKENheart
by Heatherly on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:03 AM
1 mom liked this

I know it's been rough for you and your family lately but know that I love you and I am here for you anytime you need to talk.

I can't imagine going through that much in a short amount of time...it pains me to know you will be going through all of that for awhile but know I love you and believe you can get through it.  You will be there for your dh and know how to help him, I just believe that.
Bless you and your family and friends!

bmw29
by Spitfire_Bobbie on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:31 AM
1 mom liked this
You're so sweet Heather. It helps knowing I have support all over the country when I need it. :)

Quoting taKENheart:

I know it's been rough for you and your family lately but know that I love you and I am here for you anytime you need to talk.

I can't imagine going through that much in a short amount of time...it pains me to know you will be going through all of that for awhile but know I love you and believe you can get through it.  You will be there for your dh and know how to help him, I just believe that.
Bless you and your family and friends!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sarah.xo
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:56 PM
So sorry to hear hope it gets better.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bmw29
by Spitfire_Bobbie on Nov. 21, 2012 at 5:56 AM
Thank-you :)

Quoting sarah.xo:

So sorry to hear hope it gets better.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jamielynnef2
by Butterfly Mahi on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:18 AM
1 mom liked this
Thinking of you and sending love and prayers to all of you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN