Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

tell me...

Posted by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 2:34 PM
  • 17 Replies
  • 247 Total Views
What are your family holiday traditions? Do you have Christmas parties? Do you open presents on Christmas eve? Do you have special Christmas outfits? Do/did your kids believe in Santa? Tell me, I'm curious how everyone celebrates their holiday
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 2:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
b.futlz
by Gamer Babe on Dec. 8, 2012 at 4:56 PM

we always open one gift on christmas eve and this year we started the elf on the shelf!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

jamielynnef2
by Butterfly Mahi on Dec. 8, 2012 at 5:00 PM
1 mom liked this
Is it a certain gift or just any gift? ...the girls one gift they open is always a pjs and slipper set ....this year I'm putting them in a gift box with a movie and special hot cocoa cups and special treats to open on Christmas eve so we can have movie and snack night on our new pjs

Quoting b.futlz:

we always open one gift on christmas eve and this year we started the elf on the shelf!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
b.futlz
by Gamer Babe on Dec. 8, 2012 at 5:07 PM

its normally a samll one my mom and dad pick out.....and then as kids we got the chocolate count down to christmas and this year my mom got them for the two oldest (my niece and my dd)

Quoting jamielynnef2:

Is it a certain gift or just any gift? ...the girls one gift they open is always a pjs and slipper set ....this year I'm putting them in a gift box with a movie and special hot cocoa cups and special treats to open on Christmas eve so we can have movie and snack night on our new pjs

Quoting b.futlz:

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

JenniferW67
by Friend on Dec. 8, 2012 at 5:09 PM

We're on the road this year, so everything is differnent. But, We ususally get dressed up on Christmas Eve, go to church, get a hot chocolate and go downtown to  the Davenport hotel to see gingerbread exhibit/contest, come home, put in Christmas music, have appetizers, soup that I've kept warm in the crockpot, cocktails and dessert. Open one present and it has to be new pj's, put them on and play games until we can't keep our eys open. I'm really going to miss it this year.

offrdngal
by Terri on Dec. 8, 2012 at 5:16 PM

We don't have any traditions.  Nothing in my house is done as a family.  It got tiresome,for me, a long time ago, but hubby is just figuring out how dysfunctional we all are.

taKENheart
by Heatherly on Dec. 8, 2012 at 5:35 PM

Terri~ Are you not into the Christmas stuff anymore? I'm not so much now that the kids are older.
The tradition for me growing up was the "Christmas is cancelled this year" spill from my Oma but she didn't mean it, lol.

Jamie~ Growing up we always had Christmas Eve at my Oma's home and when we went home we got to open one gift from our parents.
At Oma's home we wore Santa hats and I carried that over to my kids...I still have their Santa hats, lol!  When they were little and had several gifts to open we let them have one on Christmas Eve.

Quoting offrdngal:

We don't have any traditions.  Nothing in my house is done as a family.  It got tiresome,for me, a long time ago, but hubby is just figuring out how dysfunctional we all are.

offrdngal
by Terri on Dec. 8, 2012 at 6:13 PM

I've never really been into the whole Christmas thing..maybe when I was little.  I didn't get into putting up the tree and decorating it.  My ex used to do it, for Derek.  He'd open gifts on Christmas morning and that was it.

Now, with my current hubby, we don't do anything.  We don't put a tree (neither of us could give a shit) and we don't all get together to open presents. When Derek wakes up, I let him open his.  When Bill's kids get up, he lets them open theirs.

Quoting taKENheart:

Terri~ Are you not into the Christmas stuff anymore? I'm not so much now that the kids are older.
The tradition for me growing up was the "Christmas is cancelled this year" spill from my Oma but she didn't mean it, lol.

Jamie~ Growing up we always had Christmas Eve at my Oma's home and when we went home we got to open one gift from our parents.
At Oma's home we wore Santa hats and I carried that over to my kids...I still have their Santa hats, lol!  When they were little and had several gifts to open we let them have one on Christmas Eve.

Quoting offrdngal:

jamielynnef2
by Butterfly Mahi on Dec. 8, 2012 at 6:23 PM
How old are your kids?

Quoting offrdngal:

I've never really been into the whole Christmas thing..maybe when I was little.  I didn't get into putting up the tree and decorating it.  My ex used to do it, for Derek.  He'd open gifts on Christmas morning and that was it.

Now, with my current hubby, we don't do anything.  We don't put a tree (neither of us could give a shit) and we don't all get together to open presents. When Derek wakes up, I let him open his.  When Bill's kids get up, he lets them open theirs.

Quoting taKENheart:

Quoting offrdngal:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
offrdngal
by Terri on Dec. 8, 2012 at 6:24 PM

mine is 14 and Bill's are 12 & 11

Quoting jamielynnef2:

How old are your kids?

Quoting offrdngal:

Quoting taKENheart:

Quoting offrdngal:

bmw29
by Spitfire_Bobbie on Dec. 8, 2012 at 6:30 PM
My son gets one gift (new PJs) the night before Christmas eve. Christmas eve morning we go to the in-laws for a wonderful breakfast with the immediate family and open presents. For lunch we go out back and have a get together with the extended family. We play games, roast marshmallows, open gifts and eat.

Christmas morning we get up and open gifts then we have breakfast. About noon we head to my parents and open gifts and eat with my side of the family.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)