• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Today's the Day...I can HARDLY believe it. Got an UPDATE..Read on! LOL...

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:48 AM
  • 14 Replies
  • 327 Total Views
1 mom liked this

Family,

Good morning..long time no hear..I know I know...work is crazy. LOL..I miss you guys LIKE crazy. I pray all is well with each and every one of you. If you're in CT know I'm praying for you..for peace, for comfort at this time. I'm praying for ALL my mommy friends. Love you guys.

Soooo I'm at a mommy milestone this morning. You all know my oldest son is a special needs child..he has what was diagnosed as a "global developmental" delay. He walks but can't talk yet.

Long story short before the ex and I broke up we sought to put him in school via the Headstart program so he could be in a special education class (we opted for this as there's a fewer number of students which means more 1 on 1 interaction with his teacher).

Then all hell broke loose as my marriage fell apart. We got off track but I started the process where I am now.

I'm delighted to say my baby boy goes to school for the first time....

TODAY!

I'm praying I don't cry alot (not sure how THAT's gonna work out but hey)...but I'm sooooooo proud of him.

Just wanted to share. Ok gotta jet. Will post an update on his first day when I can.

Hugs and an ABUNDANCE of love,

AJ

****************************************12/20/2012 UPDATE****************************

Sorry its late but here it is...(I'm on my lunch break)..baby boy had an AWESOME first day of school! His teacher's name is Ms. Jen and his classroom aide is Ms. Nina (bless her she has a son with cerebral palsy so she's MORE than equipped to deal with a class full of special needs children)...he took to Ms. Nina instantly. We had to drive him to school as the bus was a no show. He has the chair necessary to ride the bus.

Y'all know I was BAWLIN when it came time to leave. Ms. Nina scooped my baby up and took him to his new class..he cried a bit when we first got there but calmed down as we walked around the building. I won't lie..Newtown was on my mind..as I looked at those lil faces, smiling, greeting their teachers and friends...something in me seized up..I watched Ms. Nina take matt around the corner and I almost lunged after her to snatch him up, run to the car and beg my dad to take him home. But as Ms. Jen and Ms. Olly (she works in the main office) watched me and tried to reassure me all I could do was pray. I worked hard to get Matt to this moment and I wasn't going to deny him the chance to grow. So I prayed and let go. If I liked Ms. Jen before...when she looked me in my eyes as I watched my son go to class and said to me " I'll watch after him and protect him like he's my own." and I KNEW she meant it ya'll...I REALLY liked her after that. She hugged me and the tears came again.

He had fun, made new friends and is having a good time. That's the most important thing to me.

So there you have it..I'm now mom to a pre-schooler! Seems like yesterday I was just bringing him home from the hospital and now school. How time flies!

As always I thank my CafeMom family for all the love and support. It means more than you'll ever know! :D

Hugs and Love,

AJ

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
offrdngal
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:53 AM

Yay!!  Good luck to him on his first day!!  I hope he enjoys it!  Good luck to you, mama...it's going to be hard, but you'll be okay!!  :) 

MommyAJ2921
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:38 AM

Awww..thanks...it would appear we've already had our first "first day snag"....we're taking him to school but he's supposed to be on the bus. The coordinator told us when the bus arrived to simply tell the driver and aide we're taking him (because of a problem with his coordination he has to ride the bus in a wheelchair..the steps on the bus are just too steep for him to navigate without falling) to school but he'll be riding the bus home and from then on every day in his special chair.

Yeah..you guessed it..the bus that was supposed to show up at my door at 8:16am...DIDN'T SHOW. Oy. LOL....

Quoting offrdngal:

Yay!!  Good luck to him on his first day!!  I hope he enjoys it!  Good luck to you, mama...it's going to be hard, but you'll be okay!!  :) 

offrdngal
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:53 AM
Quoting MommyAJ2921:

See if they will give you the bus driver's phone number, or if they will have the driver call you,today, so you all can get on the same page.

MommyAJ2921
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:59 AM

About to take him to school..plan on mentioning it to them then. thanks. OFF WE GO!

Quoting offrdngal:

Quoting MommyAJ2921:

See if they will give you the bus driver's phone number, or if they will have the driver call you,today, so you all can get on the same page.

b.futlz
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:45 AM
Yay and sorry about all that has happened to you HUGS.......I know I will cry when my kids go to school for the first time!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jamielynnef2
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:00 PM
Aww mama!! Yay! I hope he enjoys his first day of school and that you do ok on his first day too! The first week is always the hardest...but then it gets easier :-) besides one little snag this morning, I'm glad things are going well for you!!!

Love and hugs!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
taKENheart
by Heatherly on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:35 PM

How did I miss this post? *smack my face with a a fish tail*

Sooo Ms. AJ ma'am...how did it go?
I've never heard of global developmental delay. I sure hope being in headstart will help him with his development :) I wish you and yours all the best as you continue doing what you need to do to be full of life and happiness and laughs and love and and  :)

moosesmom
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:55 PM
So how was his first day? Did you cry?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MommyAJ2921
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Awwww..thanks. I love you too! hugs

Quoting taKENheart:

How did I miss this post? *smack my face with a a fish tail*

Sooo Ms. AJ ma'am...how did it go?
I've never heard of global developmental delay. I sure hope being in headstart will help him with his development :) I wish you and yours all the best as you continue doing what you need to do to be full of life and happiness and laughs and love and and  :)

MommyAJ2921
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:53 PM

It was according to the note his teacher sent home: "EXCELLENT, MINIMAL tears" and heck yeah I cried like a baby! I couldn't help it..the tragedy in connecticut was on my brain HARD. I had to pray. Ms. Nina (the class aide) got right down on matt's level and he took to her INSTANTLY. She picked him up and took him to his new classroom. I bawled like a blitherin idiot. His teacher, Ms. Jen looked me square in the eye and said " I'll look after him and protect him like he's my own." that made me cry even more. Phew...I LIKE her.

Quoting moosesmom:

So how was his first day? Did you cry?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)