Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fragrances

Posted by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 8:27 PM
  • 62 Replies
  • 437 Total Views

So while I was out today I stopped to sample some fragrances.
My favorite one has been discontinued :( I am looking for a new one. Can you tell me your #1 favorite fragrance?
My dd bought Vera Wang Princess today and it's pretty nice! She only wanted to pay for the roll on though, lol. The bottle cost $60.

I was drawn to one that I've never heard of. It is called Samsara by Guerlain and seems to be more of a winter fragrance.

For spring I've been using Jo Malone Gardenia. :)

Thanks!

by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 8:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
moosesmom
by Pal on Dec. 27, 2012 at 8:44 PM
3 moms liked this
At the moment it's Burberry Brit. But I recently sample Sensuous by Estée Lauder. Loved it!!

Annnnddd....I can't believe I'm saying this but Justin Bieber has a really nice perfume. AHHHHHH! I can't stand that toad. But I live the perfume. This bit of information does not leave this group!!!! Or else....
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jamielynnef2
by Butterfly Mahi on Dec. 27, 2012 at 8:47 PM
1 mom liked this
I love dif ones but they don't all smell good on me :-(

I just bought marc Jacobs dot....I love it!!!!

My other faves are :

Coach -poppy
The original pink from vs not the newer kind
Ed hardy-love kills softly
Clinique happy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
taKENheart
by Heatherly on Dec. 27, 2012 at 8:49 PM

Oh thank you! I'll have to look for those next time I am sampling :)
I wore Amarige today but it's starting to get old after all these years.
LOL I will never tell! It must be really good because while I was there a worker was on the phone with someone that was searching for it and there was only ONE left. She begged for them to hold it for her till tomorrow!
I never thought to sample it...I will now. Shhhhh! LOL!

Quoting moosesmom:

At the moment it's Burberry Brit. But I recently sample Sensuous by Estée Lauder. Loved it!!

Annnnddd....I can't believe I'm saying this but Justin Bieber has a really nice perfume. AHHHHHH! I can't stand that toad. But I live the perfume. This bit of information does not leave this group!!!! Or else....

JenniferW67
by Friend on Dec. 27, 2012 at 8:50 PM
1 mom liked this

I haven't been wearing as much perfume as I used to., maybe one ce or twice a week. I've been using lotions. But, the one I'm using right now is Red Cheri by Thymes. I bought it last year at a boutique and Hubby loves it. He hates anything too strong or heavy, so I look for light florals, or citrusy scents.

mrsfred07
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 8:51 PM
1 mom liked this
I've used Dolce & Gabanna Light Blue since 2006. That's my go-to scent. I have other randoms but I couldn't tell you the names until I get back home
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
taKENheart
by Heatherly on Dec. 27, 2012 at 8:53 PM

I'm so bad, Jamie! I think I only know Dot :/
I've stuck with the same fragrances for so long. I've sampled here and there but usually just pick up the bottom take a whiff and put it back. I'm awful!

Quoting jamielynnef2:

I love dif ones but they don't all smell good on me :-(

I just bought marc Jacobs dot....I love it!!!!

My other faves are :

Coach -poppy
The original pink from vs not the newer kind
Ed hardy-love kills softly
Clinique happy

taKENheart
by Heatherly on Dec. 27, 2012 at 9:00 PM

I'm hoping to have a pretty good list to take with me when I make my final decision :)
So is Red Cheri light for a spring fragrance? I'm going to look for that one too!

Quoting JenniferW67:

I haven't been wearing as much perfume as I used to., maybe one ce or twice a week. I've been using lotions. But, the one I'm using right now is Red Cheri by Thymes. I bought it last year at a boutique and Hubby loves it. He hates anything too strong or heavy, so I look for light florals, or citrusy scents.

taKENheart
by Heatherly on Dec. 27, 2012 at 9:03 PM

LOL be careful or you might end up like me using the same stuff for decades, :P
Thanks! I'll check that one out too :)

Quoting mrsfred07:

I've used Dolce & Gabanna Light Blue since 2006. That's my go-to scent. I have other randoms but I couldn't tell you the names until I get back home

moosesmom
by Pal on Dec. 27, 2012 at 9:04 PM
I'll keep your secret if you keep mine. Lol

The only thing I hate about buying a new perfume is that I spend so much on a bottle only to want something new later. I literally spent a few months trying to find a new fragrance. Months! A few months after I narrowed it down to the Burberry...I found something new. Ugh! Right now I'm in search of the perfect "woodsy" type fragrance of that makes sense. I don't usually like the sweet scents. I like the "manly" smells.

Quoting taKENheart:

Oh thank you! I'll have to look for those next time I am sampling :)
I wore Amarige today but it's starting to get old after all these years.
LOL I will never tell! It must be really good because while I was there a worker was on the phone with someone that was searching for it and there was only ONE left. She begged for them to hold it for her till tomorrow!
I never thought to sample it...I will now. Shhhhh! LOL!

Quoting moosesmom:

moosesmom
by Pal on Dec. 27, 2012 at 9:07 PM
My mom loooooves this! It smells so good on her. Me...not so much. Lol. But you know how that body chemistry works?

Quoting mrsfred07:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN