Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

is it ok to vent here? this is long...

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 2:33 AM
  • 27 Replies
  • 272 Total Views
Ok so let me start out by saying I just need to vent. Pay no mind to me ladies! :)

Will men ever understand what it is that us ladies do?
Shawn came home from work, I had the house cleaned & dinner cooked as usual. First and foremost he doesn't even acknowledge that the house is SPOTLESS & organized ( for once on the organized part lol ). He eats dinner, then steps out to make an hour long phone call to his best friend. The kids have had their bath, ate dinner they were just ready to spend some down time with daddy. But, of course that didn't happen. He comes in rowds them up so, now I'm dealing with putting two cranky/rowdy kids in bed on time.

I go to bed with the boys because, I'm exhausted. He stays up watching tv and raising 10 kinds of hell in the living room. It's now around 1:15am Brayden gets woken up by his loudness. I try soothing him back to sleep but, it just isn't quite working. I broughthim into the living room can barely keep my eyes open. I ask him to come get me when he's ready to be put back into bed.

He stops me and says where do you think you're going. I'm going to bed I actually worked all day. Hmm well just because I'm not on someone's payroll doesn't mean I don't work. I work every day to keep the house clean, laundry kept up, dinner cooked and make sure that our boys are taken care of. Hell idk about you but, I'd call that a full time job. He has NEVER had to take care of the boys by himself. He's their dad I think It's about damn time he learns to take care of them too..

Will men ever understand what we do? Or does he need a swift kick in the ass? :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 2:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JenniferW67
by Buddy on Dec. 28, 2012 at 10:20 AM

That would be really frustrating. Sounds like it's time to go visit family for a few days, so he can get a taste of what it's like to have you gone.

LiveLaughLove00
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 10:38 AM
Very frustrating.. I just got back on christmas eve from my parents.. I'm thinking It's time to go back home for good. All the arguing and complaining is honestly making me hate him and It's breaking me down physically and emotionally.. I just can't handle much more I'm only human.

Quoting JenniferW67:

That would be really frustrating. Sounds like it's time to go visit family for a few days, so he can get a taste of what it's like to have you gone.

JenniferW67
by Buddy on Dec. 28, 2012 at 10:47 AM

Just out of curiosity, did his mom do everything for him? Or, did his dad take his mom for granted?

Quoting LiveLaughLove00:

Very frustrating.. I just got back on christmas eve from my parents.. I'm thinking It's time to go back home for good. All the arguing and complaining is honestly making me hate him and It's breaking me down physically and emotionally.. I just can't handle much more I'm only human.

Quoting JenniferW67:

CoffeeMom24
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 10:49 AM

sorry to hear, that sucks!

Quoting LiveLaughLove00:

Quoting JenniferW67:

LiveLaughLove00
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 10:54 AM
Yes she did and still does Unfortunately she lives with us and she's done nothing but, complain since we got back.. his dad beat his mom and never wanted anything to do with him. Now, every time they're around each other all his dad does is cuss him and tell him how he's worthless

Quoting JenniferW67:

Just out of curiosity, did his mom do everything for him? Or, did his dad take his mom for granted?

Quoting LiveLaughLove00:

Quoting JenniferW67:

LiveLaughLove00
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 10:55 AM
Yes, it does suck.

Quoting CoffeeMom24:

sorry to hear, that sucks!

Quoting LiveLaughLove00:

Quoting JenniferW67:

JenniferW67
by Buddy on Dec. 28, 2012 at 11:03 AM

Poor guy! Sounds like there are lots of issues. Has he ever been to counseling? He probably has no idea what a healthy marriage looks like. If you still want to make it work, counseling would most likely help you both get through this. If it keeps going, your kids are going to learn from his behavior. I bet it's tough enough having his mom around.

Quoting LiveLaughLove00:

Yes she did and still does Unfortunately she lives with us and she's done nothing but, complain since we got back.. his dad beat his mom and never wanted anything to do with him. Now, every time they're around each other all his dad does is cuss him and tell him how he's worthless

Quoting JenniferW67:

Quoting LiveLaughLove00:

Quoting JenniferW67:

LiveLaughLove00
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 11:07 AM
No, he's one of those counseling is for sissy kind of guys. He doesn't even talk to me about his feelings I doubt he would with a stranger. I've tried everything I can to make it work. It's been a long year of trying and I just don't think I can handle it any longer. The boys have already picked up that when I cry they come to check on me..

Quoting JenniferW67:

Poor guy! Sounds like there are lots of issues. Has he ever been to counseling? He probably has no idea what a healthy marriage looks like. If you still want to make it work, counseling would most likely help you both get through this. If it keeps going, your kids are going to learn from his behavior. I bet it's tough enough having his mom around.

Quoting LiveLaughLove00:

Quoting JenniferW67:

Quoting LiveLaughLove00:

Quoting JenniferW67:

bmw29
by Spitfire_Bobbie on Dec. 28, 2012 at 11:12 AM
1 mom liked this

Please don't think that I am encourging you to do anything with my reply. I don't want to mess up your life anymore with my thoughts. With that said here is how I handle shit like that in my house.

First of all my house is never spotless. I have learned over the years that my husband doesn't give a flying monkey's ass what the house looks like as long as I am keeping the critters at bay. If I need help with something then I am direct. I would walk up to him and say "Hey hon, I need you to do ______ while I _____." If that doesn't work then my next line would be. "Maybe you didn't hear me but I'm going to need you to ______." If he doesn't come help within about 5 minutes then it goes like this..." OK, I tried being nice about this but that's not working. If you don't get off your ass and help me I'm going to light your ball hair on fire and we both know how badly that stinks so unless you want to explain to your co-workers tomorrow what that God awful smell is then I suggest you do as I ask." He has NEVER refused to help after the 3rd line. ;)

JenniferW67
by Buddy on Dec. 28, 2012 at 11:17 AM

I'm sorry. Wishing you all the best in figuring out what you need to do.

Quoting LiveLaughLove00:

No, he's one of those counseling is for sissy kind of guys. He doesn't even talk to me about his feelings I doubt he would with a stranger. I've tried everything I can to make it work. It's been a long year of trying and I just don't think I can handle it any longer. The boys have already picked up that when I cry they come to check on me..

Quoting JenniferW67:

Quoting LiveLaughLove00:

Quoting JenniferW67:

Quoting LiveLaughLove00:

Quoting JenniferW67:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)