Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

little bit of this and a little bit of that

Posted by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 9:19 AM
  • 16 Replies
  • 198 Total Views
So, I've got a routine down pretty well for being with the twins alone....however even after almost 9 months, when they are both scream crying at once and its just me, I start to get a little panicky bc I only have 2 arms so if I'm holding 2 babies it doesn't leave me any arms left to warm a bottle or pat a back and I feel like I can't soothe and comfort them.....does this feeling ever go away? Or does it just change with the stages? Lol that's what happened this morning :-/ usually one wakes up before the other and they wake up happy....sooooooo not the case this morning :-/

In other news, I woke up with sore throat ...ugh this sickness needs to leave my house and stay gone!

Well, its new years eve, what do Yall have planned for this evening? We are heading over to my baby brothers gf parents house to meet them :-/ lol other than that we aren't planning on anything ....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 9:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bmw29
by Spitfire_Bobbie on Dec. 31, 2012 at 9:28 AM
My plans for today include cleaning and wallowing in my misery. LOL Really I have no idea what we will do tonight.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
triplets0718
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 9:32 AM
1 mom liked this
I learned early on with the trips that it's ok for them to cry while I was making bottles or whatever. Before they were mobile I put them in a bouncy seat on the floor by me and just kept talking to them while I did what I needed to. It does get easier and different with each stage
We were going to go to a friends house for tonight, but everyone here is congested and coughing and one of my boys ha not been himelf the last few days. It's 9:30 here and he's still sleeping, so I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jamielynnef2
by Butterfly Mahi on Dec. 31, 2012 at 10:12 AM
I'm so not cleaning today haha....I did most of it yesterday....lol

Quoting bmw29:

My plans for today include cleaning and wallowing in my misery. LOL Really I have no idea what we will do tonight.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jamielynnef2
by Butterfly Mahi on Dec. 31, 2012 at 10:16 AM
I'm ok when they fuss cry but when its full blown scream cry is when I feel like I'm failing lol how old are your triplets?

My babies don't sleep when they don't feel well :-/ and it makes them even more miserable....they were up early today :-( theyve been sleeping until atleast
10am but were up at 630 this morning ...

Quoting triplets0718:

I learned early on with the trips that it's ok for them to cry while I was making bottles or whatever. Before they were mobile I put them in a bouncy seat on the floor by me and just kept talking to them while I did what I needed to. It does get easier and different with each stage

We were going to go to a friends house for tonight, but everyone here is congested and coughing and one of my boys ha not been himelf the last few days. It's 9:30 here and he's still sleeping, so I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bmw29
by Spitfire_Bobbie on Dec. 31, 2012 at 10:22 AM
So did I but it didn't last. :/

Quoting jamielynnef2:

Quoting bmw29:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jamielynnef2
by Butterfly Mahi on Dec. 31, 2012 at 10:27 AM
1 mom liked this
Haha I think mine only lasted bc we went out for 3+hrs and came home and they were too tired to make a mess lol

Quoting bmw29:

So did I but it didn't last. :/

Quoting jamielynnef2:

Quoting bmw29:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JenniferW67
by Buddy on Dec. 31, 2012 at 11:58 AM

I hope you can get some rest and feel better today. My sister had twin boys and a toddler when she was 40. I don't know how she got through it. She did hire some help for a few hours a day, just so she could get some sleep. She also joined a twins group and they helped each other out.

Hubby has to work tonight. I think I'm going to have a spa night. Facial, hair mask, nails and toes. We'll celebrate tomorrow. I started a memory jar last year. I saw the idea on Pinterest. Put a little note of something cool that happend and the date in the jar and on NYE open the jar and remember all the the neat things that happened that you may have forgotten.

taKENheart
by Heatherly on Dec. 31, 2012 at 12:46 PM

awww :/ little sad sacks. I really don't know how one handles twins with only two arms lol. I just think the older they get maybe they won't need as much comforting and not at the same time...maybe. I hope that's the case anyway.

The ickies have over stayed their welcome, not that they were ever actually invited but I hope they get their eviction notice soon. :)

I'm heading into town if I could get one of you to light a fire under my butt, please and thank you :) I don't really have any plans for tonight. I sure hope you enjoy meeting her parents :) Don't be nervous! You'll have a nice time :P

LiveLaughLove00
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 5:14 PM
It gets better I promise! Lol... Just yesterday I was telling my mom I would do anything for an extra set of arms lol. Right now I'm transitioning them from bottles to big boy cups. I'm kicking myself for not doing it sooner. I really hate the full blown emotional scream break downs they're horrible. Thank goodness they've somewhat grown out of that stage.
triplets0718
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:46 AM
The trips are 9, and I also have a 4 yr old. They still have fits and get fussy :) at least now they can go to their rooms by themselves :)
I've given up on cleaning until they go back to school. I'm in maintain mode right now, although I got a Dyson vacuum for Christmas that I'm in love with (an for me that's huge!!) so I have been vacuuming more!

Quoting jamielynnef2:

I'm ok when they fuss cry but when its full blown scream cry is when I feel like I'm failing lol how old are your triplets?

My babies don't sleep when they don't feel well :-/ and it makes them even more miserable....they were up early today :-( theyve been sleeping until atleast

10am but were up at 630 this morning ...

Quoting triplets0718:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)