Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

exams :-/

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:18 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 76 Total Views
My dd has missed school Mon and tues due to Strep throat...the Dr said she could go back once she had been on antibiotics for 24hrs....she has exams tomorrow and Friday :-/ I got her review sheets from her teachers, but she is still so worried about failing....I know she won't, she has had straight A's every year all year....but I'm not sure how to help her destress so she doesn't psych herself out and fail....I've been studying with her every night and she only forgets one or two things which is really no big deal, except to her it means she's going to fail lol....I hate her putting that much pressure on herself, dh and I have never put pressure on her like that, we always just tell her to try her best and that we will be proud as long as she dies that ....

She has a half day Friday and they are off Monday....didn't they just go back from Christmas break??? Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
taKENheart
by Heatherly on Jan. 16, 2013 at 4:30 PM

Oh she'll be ok but bless her little heart.  It's probably the fact that she missed school that is giving her a little bit of panic.  I was always one that could make good grades as long as I went and paid attention to the lectures. If I missed school it always threw me off.

They did just go back from Christmas break...wow. Maybe it's parent teacher conference time again?

jamielynnef2
by Butterfly Mahi on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:50 AM
Thank you :-) she calmed down some....but tomorrow she has 3 exams and wants to get to school early....she said she doesn't want to ruin her straight A records lol ....she's set on being a Dr and the ER Dr a few yrs ago told her she needed to focus on school and no boys and get good grades lol so I guess that's what she's doing lol

Monday is MLK ...Idk why Fri is half day though lol

Quoting taKENheart:

Oh she'll be ok but bless her little heart.  It's probably the fact that she missed school that is giving her a little bit of panic.  I was always one that could make good grades as long as I went and paid attention to the lectures. If I missed school it always threw me off.

They did just go back from Christmas break...wow. Maybe it's parent teacher conference time again?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
taKENheart
by Heatherly on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:57 AM

She sounds very responsible about school work :) that's great!
LOL yes, that was good advice, haha!

I looked up our school and it says Professional Day #4.  They don't get off on Friday though. I used to pay attention to all holidays back in the day that I owned calendars, lol. When I was little I remember asking what Hannukah was, :)

Quoting jamielynnef2:

Thank you :-) she calmed down some....but tomorrow she has 3 exams and wants to get to school early....she said she doesn't want to ruin her straight A records lol ....she's set on being a Dr and the ER Dr a few yrs ago told her she needed to focus on school and no boys and get good grades lol so I guess that's what she's doing lol

Quoting taKENheart:
jamielynnef2
by Butterfly Mahi on Jan. 17, 2013 at 1:08 AM
That Dr was a great man...and I'm glad she git him that day

Professional day 4 ...what does that mean lol .....

Quoting taKENheart:

She sounds very responsible about school work :) that's great!
LOL yes, that was good advice, haha!

I looked up our school and it says Professional Day #4.  They don't get off on Friday though. I used to pay attention to all holidays back in the day that I owned calendars, lol. When I was little I remember asking what Hannukah was, :)

Quoting jamielynnef2:

Quoting taKENheart:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
taKENheart
by Heatherly on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:50 PM

That's good and I bet, lol!  Do you get a different Dr. every time you go?
I have no idea.  Maybe a day off if the teacher's need it to catch up? I don't know but when the kids were little I remember them learning about MLK but I guess they did it the Friday before...can't remember.

Quoting jamielynnef2:

Quoting taKENheart:
jamielynnef2
by Butterfly Mahi on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:58 PM
Ya, we never have the same Dr at the ER lol

Interesting lol yet they are all off...so....makes ya think Haha

Quoting taKENheart:

That's good and I bet, lol!  Do you get a different Dr. every time you go?
I have no idea.  Maybe a day off if the teacher's need it to catch up? I don't know but when the kids were little I remember them learning about MLK but I guess they did it the Friday before...can't remember.

Quoting jamielynnef2:

Quoting taKENheart:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)