Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Name a proud moment

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:49 PM
  • 13 Replies
  • 210 Total Views
2 moms liked this

My dd had one today :) She came home from work just beaming from ear to ear. Her manager went over to her and asked for her help with a table.  She assumed it was a big party and became confused when she only saw a table of 3.  She discovered that they were all hearing impaired and were using ASL.  My dd is on her 2nd year of learning it and thoroughly enjoys it.  Apparently there is etiquette in signing to others so she immediately introduced herself and it went from there. 
They had a long conversation and they told her how great her skills are. She was so nervous but it made her night...her year probably. She was so proud and happy she said she could cry. 
I just love her enthusiasm and passion for ASL. 

A smile on your sweet child's face is the most precious thing in the world to me. 

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bmw29
by Spitfire_Bobbie on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:06 PM
1 mom liked this

That's so sweet. :)

jamielynnef2
by Butterfly Mahi on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:43 AM
1 mom liked this
That's soo awesome!!! Yay for her!!!! She should be very proud and I bet mama is even more proud :-p

My dd can sign a little...its something she wants to learn though :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
taKENheart
by Heatherly on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:50 AM

I'm pretty happy for her that she found something she has a passion for. :)
They were surprised and asked her where she learned. 2 of them were visiting from out of town and the one that lives here didn't realize that the H.S. offered the classes.  She was so happy that she could communicate with them and took the etiquette very seriously.  She said that when any hearing impaired are in the room that it is rude not to sign if you know how...so when the other tables were asking her about signing she signed her answer as she spoke it.

Can she?  Does the school offer ASL classes?  You should look into it. My dd loves it :)

Quoting jamielynnef2:

That's soo awesome!!! Yay for her!!!! She should be very proud and I bet mama is even more proud :-p

taKENheart
by Heatherly on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:52 AM
2 moms liked this

You should have seen her telling me about it. It was so sweet to watch her get all happy about it.  She did get teary-eyed with joy.

Quoting bmw29:

That's so sweet. :)

jamielynnef2
by Butterfly Mahi on Jan. 17, 2013 at 1:14 AM
1 mom liked this
That's really great :-)

Yes, that's a big thing :-) I'm proud for her :-)

She's taken a few aafter school classes that they have offered.....next yr she will.be able to take the evening asl classes ...so I told her if she is still wanting to.do that then we will.pay for.it :-) she will.have to give up a sport but she said she doesn't care lol.

Quoting taKENheart:

I'm pretty happy for her that she found something she has a passion for. :)
They were surprised and asked her where she learned. 2 of them were visiting from out of town and the one that lives here didn't realize that the H.S. offered the classes.  She was so happy that she could communicate with them and took the etiquette very seriously.  She said that when any hearing impaired are in the room that it is rude not to sign if you know how...so when the other tables were asking her about signing she signed her answer as she spoke it.

Can she?  Does the school offer ASL classes?  You should look into it. My dd loves it :)

Quoting jamielynnef2:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
b.futlz
by Gamer Babe on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:48 AM
That's awesome sauce.....lately all little miss shiloe has done is throw fits like she is having her terrible twos early :/
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
taKENheart
by Heatherly on Jan. 17, 2013 at 1:06 PM

Aww but lil Miss Shiloe hasn't been feeling well.
Is she any better today?

Quoting b.futlz:

That's awesome sauce.....lately all little miss shiloe has done is throw fits like she is having her terrible twos early :/

taKENheart
by Heatherly on Jan. 17, 2013 at 1:10 PM

:)
Oh she would probably love it then!  Yes, you should definitely get her enrolled :) I was surprised our school had a class.
It is really so interesting to watch her sign...and just knowing she loves it.

Quoting jamielynnef2:

That's really great :-)

Yes, that's a big thing :-) I'm proud for her :-)

She's taken a few aafter school classes that they have offered.....next yr she will.be able to take the evening asl classes ...so I told her if she is still wanting to.do that then we will.pay for.it :-) she will.have to give up a sport but she said she doesn't care lol.

Quoting taKENheart:
vetNmommy
by Pal on Jan. 17, 2013 at 7:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Aww!  That is wonderful!!

singlemom1208
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 7:32 PM
1 mom liked this
Wow!!! You must have done something right! She sounds bright and caring young lady
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN