Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

did you know...1/23

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 5:56 PM
  • 10 Replies
  • 146 Total Views
Measure Your Feet Day
January 23rd, 2013

Tired of your shoes always feeling too loose or too tight? Perhaps the frustration has led you to give up on wearing shoes altogether. Now everyone thinks you're some kind of shoeless hippie and your feet are in such a state of disrepair that no pedicure will save you. Well here's a little bit of good news: did you know that shoes actually come in sizes? With some careful measurements and a little bit of patience, you could be walking comfortably in minutes!

I prefer no shoes or flip flops Haha I even wear flip flops when its cold :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 5:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
taKENheart
by Heatherly on Jan. 23, 2013 at 6:31 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't need to measure my feet...I know what the measurement will say, BIG! LOL!
I did work retail for awhile and had to help people find shoes.  Peeyew! LOL!

JenniferW67
by Buddy on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Haha...most of my friends wear size 6. They always forget about my boats. I'll mention I need to find a pair of shoes for some occasion and they'll say "Oh you  can borrow a pair of mine!" and then look down at my feet and say "Oh nevermind". My mom said feet slowly continue to grow. I sure hope not.

Quoting taKENheart:

I don't need to measure my feet...I know what the measurement will say, BIG! LOL!

taKENheart
by Heatherly on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:17 PM

LOL!  Don't you love the jokes?  You could ski with those! I'm like Oh, that's original! LOL!
I heard a lot of older ladies say that when I worked retail. They would say after you have your babies that your feet grow.  I think it's just maybe you losing some arch, ya know?
Mine did grow after children. If they grow anymore I will be so upset. I have to order from Zappos as is already.

Quoting JenniferW67:

Haha...most of my friends wear size 6. They always forget about my boats. I'll mention I need to find a pair of shoes for some occasion and they'll say "Oh you  can borrow a pair of mine!" and then look down at my feet and say "Oh nevermind". My mom said feet slowly continue to grow. I sure hope not.

Quoting taKENheart:

JenniferW67
by Buddy on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:58 PM

My grandma on my mom's side was six feet tall with size 11 feet. Built very willowy. She loved beautiful clothes and shoes. Can you imagine how hard it was for her back then?

I've been really tempted to order form Zappos. I always put too many pairs in the cart, get nervous and then just close the page after wasting an hour or two.

Have you ordered from them a lot?

Quoting taKENheart:

LOL!  Don't you love the jokes?  You could ski with those! I'm like Oh, that's original! LOL!
I heard a lot of older ladies say that when I worked retail. They would say after you have your babies that your feet grow.  I think it's just maybe you losing some arch, ya know?
Mine did grow after children. If they grow anymore I will be so upset. I have to order from Zappos as is already.

Quoting JenniferW67:

Quoting taKENheart:

jamielynnef2
by Butterfly Mahi on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:02 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol I tease dd#1 about having big feet, then I feel bad Haha her feet are a whole size bigger than mine lol and dd#2 is already at a size 5 lol she's gonna have big feet too Hahaha watch all 3 girls will have big feet and my poor lil man will have small feet for a guy lol ....my lil SIS is almost 16 and she's a size 12!!!!!!!!!! Lol

Quoting taKENheart:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jamielynnef2
by Butterfly Mahi on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:04 PM
1 mom liked this
I heard your feet grow with each pregnancy, all my friends feet did....but mine didn't ...if anything they got smaller Hahaha I'm finding that a lot of 8's are too big now lol and I bought a pair of heels in a 7! I was like what? Lol I've been an 8 since 8th grade lol how is this possible?

Quoting taKENheart:

Quoting JenniferW67:

Quoting taKENheart:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
taKENheart
by Heatherly on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:11 PM

Oh man, I bet it was difficult for her back then!  I can't imagine how badly her feet must have hurt.
The younger girls I worked with would make fun of the ladies that had their heels hanging off the back of their shoes :/ I never thought it was funny because if I hadn't figured out that I could actually order my size then that would have been me too.

Oh wow, you spend all that time and then don't order one pair? LOL I know all about guilt when it comes to spending money on myself.
I've only ordered 3pairs from them so far.  I got a 40% discount from my job so I ordered a bunch of Brighton, lol. 

Quoting JenniferW67:

My grandma on my mom's side was six feet tall with size 11 feet. Built very willowy. She loved beautiful clothes and shoes. Can you imagine how hard it was for her back then?

I've been really tempted to order form Zappos. I always put too many pairs in the cart, get nervous and then just close the page after wasting an hour or two.

Have you ordered from them a lot?

Quoting taKENheart:
taKENheart
by Heatherly on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:14 PM

What? That's so not fair, Missy!  I used to say I wanted a smaller size but then other people would tell me how hard it is to like a shoe and their size not be available.
I just think brands are different. I know Target sells size 11 but they are a small 11 and so is Fergie's brand. :/

Quoting jamielynnef2:

I heard your feet grow with each pregnancy, all my friends feet did....but mine didn't ...if anything they got smaller Hahaha I'm finding that a lot of 8's are too big now lol and I bought a pair of heels in a 7! I was like what? Lol I've been an 8 since 8th grade lol how is this possible?

Quoting taKENheart:

Quoting JenniferW67:

Quoting taKENheart:

taKENheart
by Heatherly on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:22 PM

Aww you meanie :P
Wow they are young to have big feet already, lol.  My dd wears an 8 1/2 so luckily she didn't get my feet.  Oh man, can you imagine...Ej with a size 8 for a boy, LOL!
Bless your little sister's heart :/ that must be hard at her age.

Quoting jamielynnef2:

Lol I tease dd#1 about having big feet, then I feel bad Haha her feet are a whole size bigger than mine lol and dd#2 is already at a size 5 lol she's gonna have big feet too Hahaha watch all 3 girls will have big feet and my poor lil man will have small feet for a guy lol ....my lil SIS is almost 16 and she's a size 12!!!!!!!!!! Lol

Quoting taKENheart:

jamielynnef2
by Butterfly Mahi on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:50 PM
Haha dd#1 is already a size 9 lol this time last yr she was a size 8 ...hopefully they don't grow too much more Haha ....my SIS doesn't really care except that she can't trade shoes with her friends...she plays softball so most of her teammaates are close to that size lol ....she's like 5'8. 5'9 I think....our gma in MD is 5'11 and wears a size 11.5 lol my dads side of the family is tall...my dad is 6'5 and wears a 14 lol ...so my lil SIS is taking after him Haha

Quoting taKENheart:

Aww you meanie :P
Wow they are young to have big feet already, lol.  My dd wears an 8 1/2 so luckily she didn't get my feet.  Oh man, can you imagine...Ej with a size 8 for a boy, LOL!
Bless your little sister's heart :/ that must be hard at her age.

Quoting jamielynnef2:

Quoting taKENheart:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)