Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

B-L-D 1/24

Posted by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:59 PM
  • 12 Replies
  • 128 Total Views

What's on your plate or in your bowl today, ladies?

I think I might have used this one before but it makes me laugh, lol!  You guys may notice more salad for me and more roasted or raw veg so I thought I would warn you, LOL.

by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
taKENheart
by Heatherly on Jan. 24, 2013 at 2:22 PM

Coffee
A BIG salad...well, it wasn't that big :P

Dinner~ I am making Teriyaki Salmon w/ sriracha cream sauce BUT not the rice. I have plenty of that pasta from last night, lol!
I'm having my Salmon with roasted broccoli and a side salad :)

Pinned Image

JenniferW67
by Friend on Jan. 24, 2013 at 2:41 PM
1 mom liked this

LOVE the Big Salad!

I wish I liked salmon. I keep trying, but it just isn't my thing. My hubby has learned to like it, so maybe there's still hope for me. That Siracha cream sauce sounds awesome! I could go for that right NOW! mmmm...

B-Coffee, bagel with tomato, cucumber and onion

L-Eating an ealry stir fry dinner before hubby goes to work

D-Snacks as I'm craving them

taKENheart
by Heatherly on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:10 PM

LOL I know that's why I added that one and I've been saying I'm going to eat better.  Most of the food gifs I find aren't healthy so I thought I would leave out the temptation today, LOL!

I can't say that I love or even like salmon or any fish for that matter but I can eat it.  Do you think it's the texture or just the flavor?  LOL douse it w/the sriracha sauce next time you try it :) maybe it will help, lol

Quoting JenniferW67:

LOVE the Big Salad!

I wish I liked salmon. I keep trying, but it just isn't my thing. My hubby has learned to like it, so maybe there's still hope for me. That Siracha cream sauce sounds awesome! I could go for that right NOW! mmmm...

jamielynnef2
by Butterfly Mahi on Jan. 24, 2013 at 6:46 PM
2 moms liked this
You inspired me today, heatherly! Lol love it!

B- cottage cheese with cherry tomatoes and coffee!!

L- tuna on crackers :-)

Snack- a pickle with a slice of cheese

D- I'm making a nice BIG chef salad :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JenniferW67
by Friend on Jan. 24, 2013 at 7:13 PM

It's the flavor. Kind of oily fish taste. lol....ahhhhh, hate it!  It stinks because we live on a huge lake and people catch them all the time out there. I really want ot like it. I have had it one time when the flavor wasn't too strong. Oh and had it smoked and that was alright. I like halibut, mahi mahi, and orange ruffy.

What was in that siracha cream sauce?

Quoting taKENheart:

LOL I know that's why I added that one and I've been saying I'm going to eat better.  Most of the food gifs I find aren't healthy so I thought I would leave out the temptation today, LOL!

I can't say that I love or even like salmon or any fish for that matter but I can eat it.  Do you think it's the texture or just the flavor?  LOL douse it w/the sriracha sauce next time you try it :) maybe it will help, lol

Quoting JenniferW67:

LOVE the Big Salad!

bmw29
by Spitfire_Bobbie on Jan. 24, 2013 at 7:25 PM
1 mom liked this

B...Coffee

L...Pizza and a cookie from the Great American Cookie Company.

D...IDK maybe nachos, I'm not hungry.

taKENheart
by Heatherly on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:16 AM

A very healthy day, my friend! LOL! I'm doing it again tomorrow too :) Pickle and cheese isn't so bad! LOL! I did a ham cream cheese pickle roll for a afternoon snack :) Your fault, LOL
Thanks and I hope we can all inspire each other daily :)

Quoting jamielynnef2:

You inspired me today, heatherly! Lol love it!

B- cottage cheese with cherry tomatoes and coffee!!

L- tuna on crackers :-)

Snack- a pickle with a slice of cheese

D- I'm making a nice BIG chef salad :-)

taKENheart
by Heatherly on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:22 AM
1 mom liked this

Ah!  Mine wasn't oily so it was pretty good :) It didn't have a stinky fish smell either like the frozen tilapia I had recently.  It really had no smell at all.  I don't really love fish but I can manage for health reasons and this particular salmon was pretty good.
Those are all good fish to have :)
The sauce was 1/2C Mayo, 2-3TB Sriracha, 1 1/2TB of sweetened condensed milk. I subbed for a splash of skim milk and a pinch of brown sugar instead of the condensed milk. :)

Quoting JenniferW67:

It's the flavor. Kind of oily fish taste. lol....ahhhhh, hate it!  It stinks because we live on a huge lake and people catch them all the time out there. I really want ot like it. I have had it one time when the flavor wasn't too strong. Oh and had it smoked and that was alright. I like halibut, mahi mahi, and orange ruffy.

Quoting taKENheart:

Quoting JenniferW67:

LOVE the Big Salad!

Sassy762
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:42 AM
1 mom liked this

Late again......It's True Bloods fault...I swear it, lol

B....................nothing

L....................nothing, kids had McD's, lol

D...................Pork chops, Spanish rice, Spanish Cheese sauce, Fried Plantains and Refried Beans

JenniferW67
by Friend on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Thanks for the recipe Heather. Sounds yummy!

Quoting taKENheart:

Ah!  Mine wasn't oily so it was pretty good :) It didn't have a stinky fish smell either like the frozen tilapia I had recently.  It really had no smell at all.  I don't really love fish but I can manage for health reasons and this particular salmon was pretty good.
Those are all good fish to have :)
The sauce was 1/2C Mayo, 2-3TB Sriracha, 1 1/2TB of sweetened condensed milk. I subbed for a splash of skim milk and a pinch of brown sugar instead of the condensed milk. :)

Quoting JenniferW67:

Quoting taKENheart:

Quoting JenniferW67:

LOVE the Big Salad!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)