Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

did you know.....1/28

Posted by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:42 AM
  • 14 Replies
  • 126 Total Views
National Kazoo Day
January 28th, 2013

No one loves a kazoo more than a parent who's just picked his or her kid up from a birthday party. Oh wow, they gave you a kazoo? And you want to play it the whole drive home? And all night while I make dinner? Let's just hope that kazoo doesn't accidentally get thrown out the window! Alabama Vest (a man, not a clothing outfitter) first invented this delightful-sounding, easy to play instrument in Macon, Georgia in the 1840's.

AND*******************

National Blueberry Pancake Day
January 28th, 2013

You wouldn't think the pancake could be improved upon, but the more adventurous breakfast chefs know better. Toss a few blueberries into the batter and you've added color and antioxidants.

Mmm I LOVE me some booberry pancakes! What's your favorite thing to put in pancakes?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
VintageWife
by Pal on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:43 PM
1 mom liked this

I hate the sound. It makes my teeth hurt :(

VintageWife
by Pal on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:44 PM

Also, I don't like pancakes. *blech*

jamielynnef2
by Butterfly Mahi on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:52 PM
It doesn't make my teeth hurt, BUT it gives me a headache Haha

Quoting VintageWife:

I hate the sound. It makes my teeth hurt :(

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jamielynnef2
by Butterfly Mahi on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:54 PM
I used to hate them lol....I still prefer waffles but I make mine with a lil more crisp than mush lol

Quoting VintageWife:

Also, I don't like pancakes. *blech*

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
taKENheart
by Heatherly on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh man...that stinkin' Kazoo!  The thought of sharing one between kids grosses me out...just thinking of how much saliva is inside it, blech.

I don't like blueberries at all...I've tried but I just don't like them unless they are saturated in cool whip, HAHA!  I'm not a pancake person like I used to be but I make them for the kids. :)
I made blueberry muffins yesterday :) not for me though, lol

JenniferW67
by Friend on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:51 PM

Hehe...I can total picture that dirty kazoo.

You're the only other person I've known that doesn't like blueberries. I've tried and tried, but it's just not happening. Have you ever tried a huckleberry? I can do those.

Quoting taKENheart:

Oh man...that stinkin' Kazoo!  The thought of sharing one between kids grosses me out...just thinking of how much saliva is inside it, blech.

I don't like blueberries at all...I've tried but I just don't like them unless they are saturated in cool whip, HAHA!  I'm not a pancake person like I used to be but I make them for the kids. :)

jamielynnef2
by Butterfly Mahi on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:54 PM
Ewwwwaaaa!!! My kids are not allowed to share those things lol or whistles or monster teeth lol...hell they aren't even allowed to share hairbrushes or hair things with friends lol they aren't allowed to drink after friends or eat after them either lol GERMS Eeww lol

What?!?!?!?!?!?! Tell me this isn't so!!! Lol booberry muffins are one of my faves mmmm nom nom

Quoting taKENheart:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
taKENheart
by Heatherly on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:03 PM
1 mom liked this

oh and they chew on them too...eww!  Nasty little toy, LOL!

Yeah, I've tried and tried and Ijust can't do it.
I've never had a huckleberry.  I did like the character from Strawberry Shortcake though, LOL

Quoting JenniferW67:

Hehe...I can total picture that dirty kazoo.

You're the only other person I've known that doesn't like blueberries. I've tried and tried, but it's just not happening. Have you ever tried a huckleberry? I can do those.

Quoting taKENheart:
taKENheart
by Heatherly on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:06 PM

Isn't it funny that we shared things as children but just the thought of it now grosses us out? LOL!
I had one friend that thought I was terrible because I wouldn't allow my kids to drink from my cup.  I always got them their own. LOL
I don't like raspberries either *ducks and hides behind watermelon* hehe

Quoting jamielynnef2:

Ewwwwaaaa!!! My kids are not allowed to share those things lol or whistles or monster teeth lol...hell they aren't even allowed to share hairbrushes or hair things with friends lol they aren't allowed to drink after friends or eat after them either lol GERMS Eeww lol

What?!?!?!?!?!?! Tell me this isn't so!!! Lol booberry muffins are one of my faves mmmm nom nom

Quoting taKENheart:

jamielynnef2
by Butterfly Mahi on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:11 PM
It is funny....lol

I let them drink after me lol but now that they are older I'm scared of getting sick lol.so I haven't lately lol

Oh no she didn't!!!! Lol you crazy lady!

Quoting taKENheart:

Isn't it funny that we shared things as children but just the thought of it now grosses us out? LOL!
I had one friend that thought I was terrible because I wouldn't allow my kids to drink from my cup.  I always got them their own. LOL
I don't like raspberries either *ducks and hides behind watermelon* hehe

Quoting jamielynnef2:

Quoting taKENheart:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)