Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

yuck!

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:47 PM
  • 16 Replies
  • 204 Total Views
So, I've had a toothache the last couple of days...I need a lot of work done but put it off lol well today i woke up with a knit on my jaw line 3 fingers wide, the whole left side of my face swollen and in so much pain I was ready to cry...miss bobbie here talked me into going to see the dentist lol well she scared me into it Haha ...so they saw me this afternoon and the infection is so bad that she couldn't do anything but send me home with 2 antibiotics and some pain killers until weds...weds i go in and they are cutting the tooth out AND do some root canals and taking out one of my wisdom teeth...I'm going to be dying lol I hate mouth pain and dentists!!!! The only good news is that the estimated cost before was over $5k (back in october) well we switched insurance and now for weds I only have to pay $300!! And then ill go back in 6months to get the rest of the work which should be about $700...I'm so glad my dh switched us!! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sassy762
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:56 PM

OUCH is an understatement..............

I Hope those antibiotics and pain killers kick in real fast....feel better

JenniferW67
by Buddy on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:59 PM

Yuck is right! There are very few things that could be worse. I hope those painkillers kick in soon.

jamielynnef2
by Butterfly Mahi on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:01 PM
Ya lol I couldn't let my teeth touch each other without yelling out in pain Haha

The pain meds aren't even touching it :-/ and the zpak is making me nauseous lol boy, this is fun Haha ...

Thank you :-)

Quoting Sassy762:

OUCH is an understatement..............

I Hope those antibiotics and pain killers kick in real fast....feel better

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jamielynnef2
by Butterfly Mahi on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:03 PM
Haha I agree! Very very few! Lol it doesn't help that I had a traumatic experience with a dentist 15 yrs ago lol

Thank you :-)

Quoting JenniferW67:

Yuck is right! There are very few things that could be worse. I hope those painkillers kick in soon.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PinkHairMAMA
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:02 PM
Ouch girl be careful! Will be thinking about you!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jamielynnef2
by Butterfly Mahi on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:11 AM
Thank you! I'm scurrred Haha

Quoting PinkHairMAMA:

Ouch girl be careful! Will be thinking about you!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bmw29
by Spitfire_Bobbie on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:19 AM
That's right, you know you better listen to me. I wouldn't send anyone to the dentist without good cause. ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jamielynnef2
by Butterfly Mahi on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:26 AM
1 mom liked this
Lol and Dang it, you were right about the infection too Haha

Quoting bmw29:

That's right, you know you better listen to me. I wouldn't send anyone to the dentist without good cause. ;)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bmw29
by Spitfire_Bobbie on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:29 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm ALWAYS right. ;) I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken. LOL

Quoting jamielynnef2:

Lol and Dang it, you were right about the infection too Haha

Quoting bmw29:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
triplets0718
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:53 AM

I feel your pain! Literally, the 1st weekend in January I had the same toothache. Of course it started on Sat., and my dentist wasn't in until 1 Monday! I went in and he sent me home on antibiotics and pain meds. My face swelled so bad the next day after I started the meds, the pain meds made me sick (light headed, dizzy, nausous and vomiting, along with a painful tooth and swollen face!) I literally wanted to die. I had to wait until this past Monday (3 wks after my 1st appt!) to get in with an endodontist for a root canal. It went better than expected, and I'm like you, I HATE the dentist. I figured when the pain was worse than anything they could do to me, I was going in. It was worse than c-section recovery. I go next week for my temp. crown and impressions. Good Luck to you, and know there is someone else right there with you :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)