Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

need your help ladies :-)

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:00 PM
  • 14 Replies
  • 145 Total Views
I am making bourbon whisky meatballs for a superbowl Sunday party we are going to and Idk what recipe to use! Thereafter quite a few different ones! Any of you ladies have one you can recommend?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
taKENheart
by Heatherly on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:09 PM

I found a recipe that you actually boil the meatballs in beer, LOL. I can't recommend one that I've actually made before though, sorry.  I would think the meatballs would be somewhat squish if boiled only...so I'm not sure after thinking about that part now. 
Anyhoo if you like boiled balls then you may like this one, LOL

http://www.food.com/recipe/kentucky-boilermaker-meatballs-206619

bmw29
by Spitfire_Bobbie on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Make sure to use one with whiskey in it. LOL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jamielynnef2
by Butterfly Mahi on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:16 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you :-) ....I guess bc you brown them after , they aren't as mushy?

Quoting taKENheart:

I found a recipe that you actually boil the meatballs in beer, LOL. I can't recommend one that I've actually made before though, sorry.  I would think the meatballs would be somewhat squish if boiled only...so I'm not sure after thinking about that part now. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jamielynnef2
by Butterfly Mahi on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:19 PM
Lol all the ones I've seen call for whiskey ...I just don't know what other ingredients make it best ...what's your bourbon chicken. Recipe like?

Quoting bmw29:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bmw29
by Spitfire_Bobbie on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:24 PM
I'll have to get my notebook out. Give me few. :)

Quoting jamielynnef2:

Lol all the ones I've seen call for whiskey ...I just don't know what other ingredients make it best ...what's your bourbon chicken. Recipe like?

Quoting bmw29:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
taKENheart
by Heatherly on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Um..ok yeah, it's getting more obvious that I'm tired. First I couldn't spell and now I can't read, HAHA!! Plus I forgot the Y on squishy.

Finding Nemo

Quoting jamielynnef2:

Quoting taKENheart:

bmw29
by Spitfire_Bobbie on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:29 PM

INGREDIENTS

• 1 tbsp. ginger
  • 1 tbsp. crushed garlic
  • 3 oz. soy sauce
  • 2 tsp. onion powder
  • 3/4 c. brown sugar
  • 4 oz. bourbon
  • 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs

DIRECTIONS

Place chicken in crock pot. In a bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients and pour over the chicken. Cook for 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low. Baste chicken with sauce several times throughout the cooking process, as you are able.

To thicken sauce before serving, remove the chicken and pour remaining sauce into a small sauce pan. In a separate bowl, whisk together 1/4 c. cold water with 2 tbsp. cornstarch. Gradually whisk cornstarch mixture into saucepan, then heat to boiling.

bmw29
by Spitfire_Bobbie on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:31 PM

I like the looks of this one

Ingredients

• 1 pound Bag Frozen Meatballs
  • ½ cups Ketchup (Heaping)
  • ½ cups Brown Sugar, Packed
  • ¼ cups Bourbon Whiskey
  • 1 teaspoon Fresh Lemon Juice
  • 1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce

Preparation Instructions

NOTE: 1 bag of (1 pound) frozen meatballs is only about 18 to 20 larger size meatballs. That is perfect for a small get-together. But if you’re going to a larger party, you might want to get TWO bags of meatballs, and in that case you would then DOUBLE the above recipe.

In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients except your meatballs. Mix up really well.

Place your frozen meatballs into your crock pot, and pour the whiskey sauce in on top. Mix it up all around so each meatball is coated with the whiskey sauce.

Now turn up the heat to high. Leave it on high for about an hour, stirring a couple times.

Once it appears that the meatballs have somewhat thawed, go ahead and turn your crockpot down to low.

You don’t want to burn all that wonderful whiskey sauce! That’s the best part!

jamielynnef2
by Butterfly Mahi on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:34 PM
I think this might be one I have pinned lol but ketchup seems...Idk to me lol I'm scurred

Quoting bmw29:

I like the looks of this one

Ingredients

• 1 pound Bag Frozen Meatballs
  • ½ cups Ketchup (Heaping)
  • ½ cups Brown Sugar, Packed
  • ¼ cups Bourbon Whiskey
  • 1 teaspoon Fresh Lemon Juice
  • 1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce

Preparation Instructions

NOTE: 1 bag of (1 pound) frozen meatballs is only about 18 to 20 larger size meatballs. That is perfect for a small get-together. But if you’re going to a larger party, you might want to get TWO bags of meatballs, and in that case you would then DOUBLE the above recipe.

In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients except your meatballs. Mix up really well.

Place your frozen meatballs into your crock pot, and pour the whiskey sauce in on top. Mix it up all around so each meatball is coated with the whiskey sauce.

Now turn up the heat to high. Leave it on high for about an hour, stirring a couple times.

Once it appears that the meatballs have somewhat thawed, go ahead and turn your crockpot down to low.

You don’t want to burn all that wonderful whiskey sauce! That’s the best part!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jamielynnef2
by Butterfly Mahi on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol I didn't even notice!!!!!

I love dori! Or is it dory? Whatever lol finding nemo is awesome!

Quoting taKENheart:

Um..ok yeah, it's getting more obvious that I'm tired. First I couldn't spell and now I can't read, HAHA!! Plus I forgot the Y on squishy.

Finding Nemo

Quoting jamielynnef2:

Quoting taKENheart:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)