Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's on the menu today, ladies?

Anyone think they want to make bacon roses for their love for Vday?

by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:56 PM
Replies (21-30):
JenniferW67
by Friend on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:39 PM
1 mom liked this

B-Coffee

L-Watermelon

D-Homemade pizza and a BIG salad

taKENheart
by Heatherly on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:43 PM

Right?! I'm so excited for dinner now, lol!
Ok I'll have to go get us some wine for tonight especially for Jamie's toothache. Red or white? LOL
My pic is clicky to the link :)

Quoting JenniferW67:

Me too! That looks crazy good!

Quoting jamielynnef2:

I'll be there for dinner!! Lol

Quoting taKENheart:

I figured it out!  Dh reminded me that I have shrimp in the freezer, woot!
I am making Bang Bang Shrimp, lol! I guess with fried rice.

Pinned Image

taKENheart
by Heatherly on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:48 PM

That's all great...I love watermelon!  I tried to grow some last summer but they didn't get very big :/
What kind of pizza? I want to try a white pizza one of these days.

Quoting JenniferW67:

B-Coffee

L-Watermelon

JenniferW67
by Friend on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:25 PM
1 mom liked this

You're cooking, so I'll bring the wine!
I usually only drink red, but I bet a dry white would be awesome.

Quoting taKENheart:

Right?! I'm so excited for dinner now, lol!
Ok I'll have to go get us some wine for tonight especially for Jamie's toothache. Red or white? LOL
My pic is clicky to the link :)

Quoting JenniferW67:

Me too! That looks crazy good!

Quoting jamielynnef2:

I'll be there for dinner!! Lol

Quoting taKENheart:

I figured it out!  Dh reminded me that I have shrimp in the freezer, woot!
I am making Bang Bang Shrimp, lol! I guess with fried rice.

Pinned Image

JenniferW67
by Friend on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:36 PM
1 mom liked this

I was a little nervous to buy them when I saw them at Costco, but they were good. We're you able to eat the watermelons you grew?

DH doesn't know yet, but we're having veggie pizza. lol...I'm going to get to the pouty face until he starts eating. I've had white pizza, but have never made one. I love every kind of pizza except anchovy. One time I split a pizza with a friend. He ordered anchovy on his side and I got whatever on my side. His anchovy juice sullied my side. He ended up eating the whole pizza while I watched. I lost my appetite after nearly gagging on the first bite.

Quoting taKENheart:

That's all great...I love watermelon!  I tried to grow some last summer but they didn't get very big :/

Quoting JenniferW67:

B-Coffee

L-Watermelon

taKENheart
by Heatherly on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:35 PM

I would have been nervous too, lol. I am still nervous in June!
No, we watered them and watered them and they didn't grow but our soil is awful. I didn't plant them so at least that part is good.  We kept mowing over them vines every summer not knowing that it was watermelon, LOL so last year we didn't mow them but they didn't grow :/

Uh oh...veggie pizza, lol!  As long as there is cheese then maybe he'll be ok :P
Oh no anchovies...no way.  That would ruin the pizza!  I have used anchovies in a recipe before but you couldn't tell.  I was surprised to find out that it's in caesar dressing and I love that stuff.

Quoting JenniferW67:

I was a little nervous to buy them when I saw them at Costco, but they were good. We're you able to eat the watermelons you grew?

DH doesn't know yet, but we're having veggie pizza. lol...I'm going to get to the pouty face until he starts eating. I've had white pizza, but have never made one. I love every kind of pizza except anchovy. One time I split a pizza with a friend. He ordered anchovy on his side and I got whatever on my side. His anchovy juice sullied my side. He ended up eating the whole pizza while I watched. I lost my appetite after nearly gagging on the first bite.

Quoting taKENheart:

Quoting JenniferW67:

B-Coffee

L-Watermelon

JenniferW67
by Friend on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Hehe...we are always mowing something to death.

I'm shocked, he walked by and said "yum, that looks good". I think I might have gotten away with it. He's been eating soooo much meat, he might like the break. I'm not a huge meat lover and  could be a vegetarian as long as there was no such thing as grilled meat or bbq. lol....I can't resist.

I love caesar dressing and pasta puttanesca as long as I can't detect it. Have you tried using the anchovy paste in a tube? I've been tempted to buy it.

Quoting taKENheart:

No, we watered them and watered them and they didn't grow but our soil is awful. I didn't plant them so at least that part is good.  We kept mowing over them vines every summer not knowing that it was watermelon, LOL so last year we didn't mow them but they didn't grow :/

Uh oh...veggie pizza, lol!  As long as there is cheese then maybe he'll be ok :P
Oh no anchovies...no way.  That would ruin the pizza!  I have used anchovies in a recipe before but you couldn't tell.  I was surprised to find out that it's in caesar dressing and I love that stuff.

Quoting JenniferW67:

Quoting taKENheart:

Quoting JenniferW67:

B-Coffee

L-Watermelon

singlemom1208
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:19 PM
1 mom liked this
Can't.... Resist.... Bacon!!!!!!!

B-coffee

L- pack of crackers, more coffee

D- chicken, okra, beans, macaroni salad and frosted mini wheats for dessert
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
taKENheart
by Heatherly on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:44 AM

Well we've been here 9yrs this summer and I just didn't know that's what it was, LOL! I'll keep trying though :)

I'm a huge red meat lover but my dd is a chicken lover...I get so tired of chicken. She has told me she could do vegetarian for a high percentage of the time and I don't make her eat meat...she's 17 :P
OH I loved grilled BBQed anything too!
Yes Ma'am I bought the anchovy paste in a tube to make caesar dressing and it was good :)  I have not made puttanesca though.

Quoting JenniferW67:

Hehe...we are always mowing something to death.

I'm shocked, he walked by and said "yum, that looks good". I think I might have gotten away with it. He's been eating soooo much meat, he might like the break. I'm not a huge meat lover and  could be a vegetarian as long as there was no such thing as grilled meat or bbq. lol....I can't resist.

I love caesar dressing and pasta puttanesca as long as I can't detect it. Have you tried using the anchovy paste in a tube? I've been tempted to buy it.

Quoting taKENheart:

Quoting JenniferW67:
taKENheart
by Heatherly on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:46 AM

I love me some bacon and sausage! LOL!
You had a nice dinner, gurrrl!  I haven't had frosted mini wheats in forever...I almost never have cereal.

Quoting singlemom1208:

Can't.... Resist.... Bacon!!!!!!!

B-coffee

L- pack of crackers, more coffee

D- chicken, okra, beans, macaroni salad and frosted mini wheats for dessert

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN