Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

B-L-D 2/3

Posted by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 1:47 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • 78 Total Views

I guess it's Superbowl Sunday :P
What's on your plate today?...even if you went to a friend's home...what goodies did you eat?
I hope everyone enjoys the game and all the smack talking.

I'll be back later to catch up on posts...doing the dreaded grocery shopping a sunday :/ but hopefully everyone will have moved on out of the way so they can get home to the game, LOL!!!

by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 1:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
taKENheart
by Heatherly on Feb. 3, 2013 at 4:38 PM

Coffee
turkey lettuce wrap with mozzarella, peppers and honey mustard

Snack~ pickle so far, lol

Dinner~ since I've been doing so good I thought we'd get a thin crust pizza :) Got to splurge now and then, lol.  I really should have thought about making that cauliflower pizza crust that I pinned.  Has anyone made that?

JenniferW67
by Buddy on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:35 PM

I just had pizza yesterday and after seeing this post, I want it again.

I've never tried cauliflower crust, but I made one using zucchini that turned out alright. I did think there was something lacking, like the crust. lol

taKENheart
by Heatherly on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh yep, you sure did.  How did it go over with dh? LOL I know he likes meat :)  I don't believe my dh would go for a veg pizza at all but he would attempt the cauliflower crust :)

Well, this is a pinned recipe that I have and I'm very curious about it. I should try it next time and see if dh likes it then I could tell you ladies, LOL.  Not that I think many dhs would go for it, lol.
I really like mashed cauliflower for a sub for mashed potatoes so...it could work :) As soon as I try it I'll let you guys know.

Quoting JenniferW67:

I've never tried cauliflower crust, but I made one using zucchini that turned out alright. I did think there was something lacking, like the crust. lol

JenniferW67
by Buddy on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:06 PM

He surprised me and liked it. He's a saint when it come to trying new things. He'll give a look, but rarly complains. Our pizza orders are always the same. He gets sausage, mushrooms and olives with extra cheese on his side and I get extra veggies, extra sauce and only half the amount of cheese on mine.

We love the cauliflower substiute for mashers.  I love that I don't feel so stuffed after eating it. Do your kids like it?

I've seen that recipe on Pinterest too. I hope you'll make it soon and give a review.

Quoting taKENheart:

Oh yep, you sure did.  How did it go over with dh? LOL I know he likes meat :)  I don't believe my dh would go for a veg pizza at all but he would attempt the cauliflower crust :)

Well, this is a pinned recipe that I have and I'm very curious about it. I should try it next time and see if dh likes it then I could tell you ladies, LOL.  Not that I think many dhs would go for it, lol.
I really like mashed cauliflower for a sub for mashed potatoes so...it could work :) As soon as I try it I'll let you guys know.

Quoting JenniferW67:

bmw29
by Spitfire_Bobbie on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:28 PM
1 mom liked this

B...Coffee

L...Roast Beef subs with Aus Ju dip

D...We just snacked, dh had another sub, and we all had some southwestern egg rolls.

taKENheart
by Heatherly on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Well isn't that awesome!!!  That is wonderful! My dh will give things a try especially if I'm trying to eat better :) I can imagine that if I was married to him when he was 20 then he would be a butt about it, LOL!

My dd loves mashed cauliflower over potatoes. I love it too and I'm sure if I didn't say anything then my oldest would just eat it. He tends to just eat what he is given, lol. 

I will put it on my list for not this week since I've shopped but for the week after. I'll even take pics :) and give a review :)
That's my favorite part of trying recipes...giving reviews :)

Quoting JenniferW67:

He surprised me and liked it. He's a saint when it come to trying new things. He'll give a look, but rarly complains. Our pizza orders are always the same. He gets sausage, mushrooms and olives with extra cheese on his side and I get extra veggies, extra sauce and only half the amount of cheese on mine.

We love the cauliflower substiute for mashers.  I love that I don't feel so stuffed after eating it. Do your kids like it?

I've seen that recipe on Pinterest too. I hope you'll make it soon and give a review.

Quoting taKENheart:
taKENheart
by Heatherly on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:35 PM

I've seen recipes for SW Egg rolls but I haven't made them. You must like them :)
I did make some crab rangoon type of rolls last night using lumpia wrappers.  They were good but I should have baked them.

The Sub and aus ju sounds good...I think I'll add that to my next meal plan! Thanks, lol!
On tv they tend to dip the whole sandwich but I would rather just dip...I mean the sauce is a dip sauce, LOL.

Do you use roast beef lunch meat? Thin sliced beef? Steak Umms?  I don't mind either so I'm just getting an idea.  I haven't used steak umms in a long time but gosh, they still sell it so it must be popular especially since it's sooo thin.

Quoting bmw29:

B...Coffee

D...We just snacked, dh had another sub, and we all had some southwestern egg rolls.

bmw29
by Spitfire_Bobbie on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:39 PM
1 mom liked this

I go to the deli and buy the rare roast beef thin sliced then just get hoagie rolls and the Au Jus sauce. I have used the packaged mix and the concentrate, they are both fine with me. LOL

Quoting taKENheart:

I've seen recipes for SW Egg rolls but I haven't made them. You must like them :)
I did make some crab rangoon type of rolls last night using lumpia wrappers.  They were good but I should have baked them.

The Sub and aus ju sounds good...I think I'll add that to my next meal plan! Thanks, lol!
On tv they tend to dip the whole sandwich but I would rather just dip...I mean the sauce is a dip sauce, LOL.

Do you use roast beef lunch meat? Thin sliced beef? Steak Umms?  I don't mind either so I'm just getting an idea.  I haven't used steak umms in a long time but gosh, they still sell it so it must be popular especially since it's sooo thin.

Quoting bmw29:

B...Coffee

jamielynnef2
by Butterfly Mahi on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:01 AM
You suck!! Lol now I want pizza!!!!!!!

B- chai vanilla tea , all kids had cottage cheese, strawberries and kiwi

L- Caesar salad

D- I had some lumpia, bourbon meatballs, veggies and dip and some brindle balls ...at the party there was also, hot wing, beer dogs, chili, bbq lil smokies, tostitos, cowboy dip, salsa, guacomole,7layer bean dip, shrimp cocktail, dirt cake, cheesecake, fudge and cupcakes lol....I think I are fairly well, considering all the temptation lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)