Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone been to DisneyWorld?

Posted by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 1:48 PM
Pal
  • 17 Replies
  • 218 Total Views
I need help planning the trip. I'm on the website and there's so many options on where to stay, what to do, etc...

Ideas and advice would be great! Thanks girls.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 1:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bmw29
by Spitfire_Bobbie on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:13 PM
1 mom liked this

I've been but we didn't stay on site only because we had a free place to stay. If I were paying I would stay on site for sure. If you have any specific questions I would be glad to help as much as possible. :)

moosesmom
by Pal on Feb. 3, 2013 at 3:23 PM
Thanks for the help. I'm confused as to how the tickets for the park work. Can you only use one ticket per park per day? Does that make sense? And did you use any of the dining features?

Quoting bmw29:

I've been but we didn't stay on site only because we had a free place to stay. If I were paying I would stay on site for sure. If you have any specific questions I would be glad to help as much as possible. :)

bmw29
by Spitfire_Bobbie on Feb. 3, 2013 at 3:24 PM

We got park hopper passes for the whole week. What web site are you booking through?

Quoting moosesmom:

Thanks for the help. I'm confused as to how the tickets for the park work. Can you only use one ticket per park per day? Does that make sense? And did you use any of the dining features?

Quoting bmw29:

moosesmom
by Pal on Feb. 3, 2013 at 3:39 PM
Through Disney. I'm sure there's other sites I can book this from right?

Quoting bmw29:

We got park hopper passes for the whole week. What web site are you booking through?

Quoting moosesmom:

Quoting bmw29:

taKENheart
by Heatherly on Feb. 3, 2013 at 4:14 PM

I've never been but my dd went with her bio father and family.  I wish I could help but I don't have any experience with it.
How fun!!! When do you plan to go?

bmw29
by Spitfire_Bobbie on Feb. 3, 2013 at 4:43 PM
1 mom liked this

This would be so much easier if we still had that IM chat available. LOL 

How many people?

Budget?

How many days?

Which parks are you interested in?

Only Disney parks or do you want Sea World and stuff too?

What kind of accommodations do you prefer?

What's your usual eating habits?

Quoting moosesmom:

Quoting bmw29:

Quoting moosesmom:

Quoting bmw29:

Mipsy
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:36 PM

We didn't stay on site, w stayed at another hotel that had a shuttle to and from the parks. We also bought park hopper tickets so we could go to any park. 

moosesmom
by Pal on Feb. 3, 2013 at 6:02 PM

Quoting bmw29:

How many people? 4. But I'm going to say 3 because my son is 2 and from what I've read he's free.

Budget? I have no idea. Dad (who is overseas) called me this morning and told me to get an estimate for everything. My total so far is $1,9??and change :-/ That was before airfare so I don't know if that's fair or not.

How many days? I want to say 4 days. Anything longer would be too much for the little one. What do you think?

Which parks are you interested in? Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom and Typhoon Lagoon

Only Disney parks or do you want Sea World and stuff too? Disney only

What kind of accommodations do you prefer? Some place clean! And safe obviously. I don't see us spending alot of time in the room so...I don't need anything 5 star.

What's your usual eating habits? My usual eating habits are all day everyday. Lol. But I imagine that the kids won't do alot of eating because they'll be so busy playing. That was a hard one for me. They offer different packages and I couldn't decide between 2 meals a day with snack or 3 meals with snack.

Quoting moosesmom:

Quoting bmw29:

Quoting moosesmom:

Quoting bmw29:

moosesmom
by Pal on Feb. 3, 2013 at 6:06 PM

Well dad should be home in June. Since we don't know the exact date we're planning a late July or early August trip. I'm so excited! I've always wanted to go. 

lightbulbIDEA!! If this plan falls through, I'm going anyway minus the kids and you're coming with me!! Lol!

Quoting taKENheart:

I've never been but my dd went with her bio father and family.  I wish I could help but I don't have any experience with it.
How fun!!! When do you plan to go?

bmw29
by Spitfire_Bobbie on Feb. 3, 2013 at 6:09 PM

So 3 adults and a 2 year old?

How many rooms do you need?

Do you want the option of cooking in the room?

I say you can never have to long at Disney. LOL

I would suggest that you don't leave out Epcot. That's the best one in my opinion. 

If you don't have the option of cooking in your room then 3 meals a day is the way to go.

Quoting moosesmom:

Quoting bmw29:

How many people? 4. But I'm going to say 3 because my son is 2 and from what I've read he's free.

Budget? I have no idea. Dad (who is overseas) called me this morning and told me to get an estimate for everything. My total so far is $1,9??and change :-/ That was before airfare so I don't know if that's fair or not.

How many days? I want to say 4 days. Anything longer would be too much for the little one. What do you think?

Which parks are you interested in? Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom and Typhoon Lagoon

Only Disney parks or do you want Sea World and stuff too? Disney only

What kind of accommodations do you prefer? Some place clean! And safe obviously. I don't see us spending alot of time in the room so...I don't need anything 5 star.

What's your usual eating habits? My usual eating habits are all day everyday. Lol. But I imagine that the kids won't do alot of eating because they'll be so busy playing. That was a hard one for me. They offer different packages and I couldn't decide between 2 meals a day with snack or 3 meals with snack.

Quoting moosesmom:

Quoting bmw29:

Quoting moosesmom:

Quoting bmw29:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)