Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Well sue me...update 3/18

Posted by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 9:40 PM
  • 37 Replies
  • 396 Total Views

Remember the accident my ds got into back in Sept?  Well, looks like one of the people in the accident wants him to pay medical bills.  Doesn't that just suck big hairy donkey balls?!?!

Anyone have any experience with this type of thing?  They have a lawyer and that is who sent the letter I believe.  I'll have to look again.  We are calling our insurance in the morning.  I sure hope this isn't a long list of bills headed his way :(
Wish us luck!

Update: Dh called and USAA knew about the letter sent to us and they are taking care of everything.  They usually do just handle it without even contacting us most times.  I'm so happy that he's not going to have to pay out of his little wallet.  I do hope that the people involved in the accident aren't suffering in pain though :( I do worry about that because no amount of money can fix that.

by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 9:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JenniferW67
by Friend on Mar. 17, 2013 at 9:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Ewww.....Yuck! How bad was the accident? Your insurance should cover it, right? Hopefully they can ease your mind tomorrow. Good luck!

offrdngal
by Terri on Mar. 17, 2013 at 9:49 PM

Who was "at fault"?

TheDoctorsWife
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 9:58 PM
I think the insurance company will provide a lawyer. I think
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
offrdngal
by Terri on Mar. 17, 2013 at 10:03 PM

The summons should have the vehicle owner (hubby and/or you) and your insurance company listed as the Respondents.  Which means that your insurance company should also receive a copy of the claim that was filed.  So, if you don't call them, you will hear from them regarding this.

taKENheart
by Heatherly on Mar. 17, 2013 at 10:09 PM

It was bad but I know it could have been worse.  I posted it back in Sept/Oct.
The insurance will only cover up to $25,000 I think but dh is calling tomorrow to see how we shoud proceed with this.
Thanks!

Quoting JenniferW67:

Ewww.....Yuck! How bad was the accident? Your insurance should cover it, right? Hopefully they can ease your mind tomorrow. Good luck!

taKENheart
by Heatherly on Mar. 17, 2013 at 10:11 PM
Quoting offrdngal:

Who was "at fault"?

Dang cm isn't loading right again!Grrr! Apparently the got my ds as being at fault. It was raining and he hydroplaned and lost control and so 2 other vehicles were involved. :/
taKENheart
by Heatherly on Mar. 17, 2013 at 10:14 PM

If we fight though it could be more costly?  Ugh, I've never had to deal with this type of thing so who knows :/  I mean they have been dealing with it for us but this is new and came directly to us.  Our insurance has already gone up because of it.  They said we can't even take the totalled car off the insurance until it's all settled!

Quoting TheDoctorsWife:

I think the insurance company will provide a lawyer. I think

JenniferW67
by Friend on Mar. 17, 2013 at 10:15 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm so sorry.

Quoting taKENheart:

It was bad but I know it could have been worse.  I posted it back in Sept/Oct.
The insurance will only cover up to $25,000 I think but dh is calling tomorrow to see how we shoud proceed with this.
Thanks!

Quoting JenniferW67:

taKENheart
by Heatherly on Mar. 17, 2013 at 10:15 PM

I'm not really sure that we are actually being "sued" as yet though. It's so confusing to me.  It is labeled as a Lien?

Quoting offrdngal:

The summons should have the vehicle owner (hubby and/or you) and your insurance company listed as the Respondents.  Which means that your insurance company should also receive a copy of the claim that was filed.  So, if you don't call them, you will hear from them regarding this.

LadyFreeRider
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 10:18 PM
I'm sorry girl. I have no idea what to do except talk to the insurance Co and maybe get a consult from a lawyer to find out what options you have. :(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN