Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did I Do The Right Thing??? I Wonder....

Posted by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 9:11 PM
  • 16 Replies
  • 153 Total Views
1 mom liked this

Hi Family,

HAPPY EASTER..by the way, I LOVE the way you named the various areas of the group! Anyway...I was checking my email when I saw a post on Mom Confessions where a woman's marriage is LITERALLY falling apart. It broke my heart and almost made me cry. Since I'm not a member of MC I reached out to and sent a private messge to the woman who posted..basically told her my story, that I'd be praying for her and her son (he's 10!!!), that I understood completely how she's feeling right now (remember...the ink is JUST drying on my final decree)..and that I was here for her if she wanted to talk.

Wasn't trying to be all up in her business but the message just struck a chord with me you know? I'm close to tears myself over it...I remember the nights my ex didn't come home...the things he said to me, how he treated me in public, how we always had to do what he wanted to do or the fight that would ensue if I didn't go along with it...it just kinda snuck up on me as I was reading...

You guys think I did the right thing by reaching out to her? I'm not going to rejoin MC for any reason so I'm hoping she'll respond...

Thoughts??

AJ

by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 9:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
taKENheart
by Heatherly on Mar. 31, 2013 at 11:47 PM

Aww thanks ;) The name of the group came to me because of my love for that movie so I decided to add some character names to the forums ;)  Glad you like it!!!

I absolutely think you did the right thing!  I've made some deep long-lasting friendships from cm and I'm so glad about it.  She may reply and be genuinely touched by just the fact that you did reach out to her.  The fact that you took the time to do that makes me all sappy with tears too.  That was a beautiful thing that you did for her ;)  She will be grateful to receive that PM from a total stranger that decided to reach out...straight from the heart.  AJ you always impress me with your kind heart and drive to make each day a beautiful one.  I'm glad you are my friend!

MommyAJ2921
by Acquaintance on Apr. 1, 2013 at 5:15 AM

I love the movie too...and thanks..I'm uber glad we're friends too! hugs

Quoting taKENheart:

Aww thanks ;) The name of the group came to me because of my love for that movie so I decided to add some character names to the forums ;)  Glad you like it!!!

I absolutely think you did the right thing!  I've made some deep long-lasting friendships from cm and I'm so glad about it.  She may reply and be genuinely touched by just the fact that you did reach out to her.  The fact that you took the time to do that makes me all sappy with tears too.  That was a beautiful thing that you did for her ;)  She will be grateful to receive that PM from a total stranger that decided to reach out...straight from the heart.  AJ you always impress me with your kind heart and drive to make each day a beautiful one.  I'm glad you are my friend!

offrdngal
by Terri on Apr. 1, 2013 at 8:27 AM

I definitely think that you did a good thing.  It was very nice of you to reach out to her, like that.  I am sure she will appreciate knowing that she isn't alone.  :)

MommyAJ2921
by Acquaintance on Apr. 1, 2013 at 8:56 AM

Good morning and thanks Terri. I had my family's support...my friends were a different story. I got the whole "You DO know what the Bible says about divorce don't you???" spiel...the Bible clearly instructs that the ony reason a married couple is allowed to divorce is infidelity. I've got seveal people who no longer speak to me because of my decision to end the marriage. My thought on it is they needed to have walked a mile or 2 in my shoes and seen first hand what I was dealing with and THEN speak on it. I just wanted her to know she wasn't alone...

Quoting offrdngal:

I definitely think that you did a good thing.  It was very nice of you to reach out to her, like that.  I am sure she will appreciate knowing that she isn't alone.  :)

offrdngal
by Terri on Apr. 1, 2013 at 9:02 AM

Exactly.  I got the "you are n't trying hard enough to save your marriage" spiel, from my dad...when I told him I was going to divorce my now-ex.  I ended up hanging up on him.  When he finally would listen to me and not my ex, he learned that I had been verbally abused and then it was starting to turn in to physical abuse...he was all for it then.

It's nice to have a support system...even if it's just a friend on the other end of a computer screen.  :)

Quoting MommyAJ2921:

Good morning and thanks Terri. I had my family's support...my friends were a different story. I got the whole "You DO know what the Bible says about divorce don't you???" spiel...the Bible clearly instructs that the ony reason a married couple is allowed to divorce is infidelity. I've got seveal people who no longer speak to me because of my decision to end the marriage. My thought on it is they needed to have walked a mile or 2 in my shoes and seen first hand what I was dealing with and THEN speak on it. I just wanted her to know she wasn't alone...

Quoting offrdngal:

MommyAJ2921
by Acquaintance on Apr. 1, 2013 at 9:11 AM

It was verbal and emotional...though the ex will disagree...it was what it was and I'm glad to be done with it. I'm also glad your father finally saw the truth and you're right..it IS nice to have a friend..even on the pc...I can only IMAGINE what a MHC get together would be like IN PERSON!! LOLOL...

Quoting offrdngal:

Exactly.  I got the "you are n't trying hard enough to save your marriage" spiel, from my dad...when I told him I was going to divorce my now-ex.  I ended up hanging up on him.  When he finally would listen to me and not my ex, he learned that I had been verbally abused and then it was starting to turn in to physical abuse...he was all for it then.

It's nice to have a support system...even if it's just a friend on the other end of a computer screen.  :)

Quoting MommyAJ2921:

Quoting offrdngal:

offrdngal
by Terri on Apr. 1, 2013 at 9:23 AM

Lots of fun....lots of trouble!!! muahahahaha

Quoting MommyAJ2921:

It was verbal and emotional...though the ex will disagree...it was what it was and I'm glad to be done with it. I'm also glad your father finally saw the truth and you're right..it IS nice to have a friend..even on the pc...I can only IMAGINE what a MHC get together would be like IN PERSON!! LOLOL...

Quoting offrdngal:

Quoting MommyAJ2921:

Quoting offrdngal:

MommyAJ2921
by Acquaintance on Apr. 1, 2013 at 9:45 AM

LOLOLOLOL and you KNOW IT!!!!! LOL

Quoting offrdngal:

Lots of fun....lots of trouble!!! muahahahaha

Quoting MommyAJ2921:

Quoting offrdngal:

Quoting MommyAJ2921:

Quoting offrdngal:

bmw29
by Spitfire_Bobbie on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:41 AM

You did the right thing. Even if she never responds your words may still provide help and comfort to her. :)

MommyAJ2921
by Acquaintance on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:46 AM
1 mom liked this

Bobbie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *UBER BIG HUGS!!!!* Thanks...I haven't gotten a response...doesn't bother me....

Quoting bmw29:

You did the right thing. Even if she never responds your words may still provide help and comfort to her. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)