Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DO YOU BELIEVE IN............................

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:20 AM
  • 14 Replies
  • 298 Total Views

Do you believe in capital punishment?
    Do you believe in evolution? Do you think it should be taught in public schools?
    Do you believe in god?
    Do you believe in the right to abortion?
    Do you believe in typical gender roles?

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
offrdngal
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:23 AM

Do you believe in capital punishment? Yes
Do you believe in evolution? Do you think it should be taught in public schools? Yes to both
Do you believe in god? I am agnostic..I believe in the possibility of a "higher power"
Do you believe in the right to abortion? Yes
Do you believe in typical gender roles? No...other than pregnancy (obviously)

bmw29
by Spitfire_Bobbie on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:47 AM

Do you believe in capital punishment? Yes

Do you believe in evolution? Do you think it should be taught in public schools?
    Yes and I don't care

Do you believe in god? Yes but organized religion isn't my thing

Do you believe in the right to abortion? Only in cases of nesecisty such as threat to the mother's life.

Do you believe in typical gender roles? I must because we sort of go by them. LOL
taKENheart
by Heatherly on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:09 AM

Those are some deep questions for 6:20AM lol!!!

I'm such a grey area person that many questions such as these are difficult for me to answer with a simple yes or no...I'll try.

Capital Punishment~ No
Evolution~ No, but it's possible/Yes
God~ I am learning that I lean towards Agnostic.  My heart says there IS a God so maybe I am just someone w/out a specific religion. ??? 
Abortion~ No, but I am not going to try to tell others what to do with their body. ETA: I had to read the question again.  Yes, I do believe in the right to choose it (or not).
Gender roles~ Yes to an extent I guess.  I think people should do what they are comfortable with.  I mean I am not about to go change the oil in the car but if dh wants to scrub a toilet then that is fine with me. LOL!

bmw29
by Spitfire_Bobbie on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:37 AM
1 mom liked this

It sounds like our "religion" views are similar. I believe there is a God but I don't believe what any of the major religions push. I believe a person's relationship with God is private and I really think of God as being someone who gave the world a jump start and then moved on to deal with better things. LOL

Quoting taKENheart:

I'm such a grey area person that many questions such as these are difficult for me to answer with a simple yes or no...I'll try.

Capital Punishment~ No
God~ I am learning that I lean towards Agnostic.  My heart says there IS a God so maybe I am just someone w/out a specific religion. ??? 
Abortion~ No, but I am not going to try to tell others what to do with their body.
Gender roles~ Yes to an extent I guess.  I think people should do what they are comfortable with.  I mean I am not about to go change the oil in the car but if dh wants to scrub a toilet then that is fine with me. LOL!

taKENheart
by Heatherly on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:58 AM

Yes it does seem like our views are similar ;)  I like the way you worded all of that...makes total sense to me!

Quoting bmw29:

It sounds like our "religion" views are similar. I believe there is a God but I don't believe what any of the major religions push. I believe a person's relationship with God is private and I really think of God as being someone who gave the world a jump start and then moved on to deal with better things. LOL

Quoting taKENheart:

Capital Punishment~ No
Abortion~ No, but I am not going to try to tell others what to do with their body.

jamielynnef2
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:11 AM
1 mom liked this
This is hard...while I have my beliefs I don't judge or try to force my religion on anyone...

Yes

Do you believe in evolution?
No, I don't...

Do you think it should be taught in public schools?
I think that if they don't allow you to teach the other possibilities then evolution shoildnt be allowed as it is one of many...

Do you believe in god?
I do believe I'm God...I believe in everyone's right to freely choose what they believe ...I also believe that he doesn't wamt us judging others for their beliefs or lifestyles

This is hard....I personally do not believe in abortion....I don't think I could ever go through with it...however I don't judge others for believing in it or having done it....I do think poorly of my cousin who hss had 4 bc she won't take bc ...bu t I have other issues wi th her lol

I guess I do to some degree lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jamielynnef2
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:54 AM
Lol that should be IN God lol...I don't believ I am God haha

Quoting jamielynnef2:

This is hard...while I have my beliefs I don't judge or try to force my religion on anyone...

Yes

No, I don't...

I think that if they don't allow you to teach the other possibilities then evolution shoildnt be allowed as it is one of many...

Do you believe in god?

I do believe I'm God...I believe in everyone's right to freely choose what they believe ...I also believe that he doesn't wamt us judging others for their beliefs or lifestyles

This is hard....I personally do not believe in abortion....I don't think I could ever go through with it...however I don't judge others for believing in it or having done it....I do think poorly of my cousin who hss had 4 bc she won't take bc ...bu t I have other issues wi th her lol

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JenniferW67
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:02 PM

Wow!!! You answered every question the same as I would have. : )

Quoting jamielynnef2:

Yes

No, I don't...

Do you believe in god?

JenniferW67
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:06 PM

It sounds like you're a Diest. Not that I'm lableing you. lol I have lots of friends who believe the same.

Quoting bmw29:

Quoting taKENheart:

Capital Punishment~ No

bmw29
by Spitfire_Bobbie on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:11 PM
2 moms liked this

IDK what I am. LOL I'm just a live and let live kind of person for the most part. I know more about what I don't believe then what I do believe.

Quoting JenniferW67:

It sounds like you're a Diest. Not that I'm lableing you. lol I have lots of friends who believe the same.

Quoting bmw29:

Quoting taKENheart:

Capital Punishment~ No

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)