Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Today is my

Posted by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 3:42 PM
  • 28 Replies
  • 274 Total Views

baby sister's bday.  I got a text about an hour ago that my sister was going to the hospital to be checked because she is having lower back pain and some contractions.  She's made it further along in this pregnancy than she did last time but she's still sooo scared to deliver before the due date next month.  This week marks 3yrs ago that she delivered her first baby prematurely.
Please keep her in your thoughts.
Thanks, guys

by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 3:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bmw29
by Spitfire_Bobbie on Apr. 6, 2013 at 3:51 PM
1 mom liked this

She's not too early is she? I'll keep her in my thoughts for sure. I'll pray for a healthy, wonderful, beautiful, sweet little babe. :) Happy birthday to your baby sister too. Today is Amanda's little girls birthday too so Happy birthdays all around. I'll drink to that. 

taKENheart
by Heatherly on Apr. 6, 2013 at 4:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Thanks, Bobbie.  I believe she just hit 35 weeks.  I think just the experience last time has her all stressed and worried.  I can understand that since I lost my 1st and he was 11days late.  Seems like there are no guarantees and that's what has her so scared. :(

Oh really?  Happy Bday to her little girl too!  I think it's also Jaehawk's birthday, lol. 
Happy Birthdays all around for sure!
I can't drink to that, lol!!! I might have a 5hr drive coming HAHA

Quoting bmw29:

She's not too early is she? I'll keep her in my thoughts for sure. I'll pray for a healthy, wonderful, beautiful, sweet little babe. :) Happy birthday to your baby sister too. Today is Amanda's little girls birthday too so Happy birthdays all around. I'll drink to that. 

JenniferW67
by Friend on Apr. 6, 2013 at 7:36 PM

Prayers that she and the baby are protected and the baby can come into this world strong and healthy.

taKENheart
by Heatherly on Apr. 6, 2013 at 7:56 PM

Thank you, Jennifer ;)
So far they have put in an IV and checked her blood and urine.  The contractions have slowed so I'm hoping they'll just keep her till morning.  She's been there almost 5hrs.

Quoting JenniferW67:

Prayers that she and the baby are protected and the baby can come into this world strong and healthy.

taKENheart
by Heatherly on Apr. 7, 2013 at 12:03 AM
2 moms liked this

OK they sent her home but only after one hour of no contractions.  I'm worried...she's worried.  If she wasn't so close to my heart then I would know what to feel and say to her.
Thanks for the good thoughts and prayers...I'll keep you updated in this post.

Sassy762
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 1:29 AM
1 mom liked this

Prayers and good thoughts going her way....

35 weeks isn't too bad.....push come to shove they can give her ...streroids i think its called to speed up the maturity of thebaby's lungs...something like that....kwim

taKENheart
by Heatherly on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:52 AM
1 mom liked this

Thanks ;)
Yes I know what you mean.  She had that with the first baby but he was just so early.  This pregnancy they have been giving her some shot to prevent premature labor.

I haven't heard anything this morning so I'm guessing she's just at home taking it easy ;)

Quoting Sassy762:

35 weeks isn't too bad.....push come to shove they can give her ...streroids i think its called to speed up the maturity of thebaby's lungs...something like that....kwim

Sassy762
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 12:00 PM
1 mom liked this

YOU will be the first to know if something happens ..I'm sure

Hopefully the baby will stay put for just a bit longer:)

Quoting taKENheart:

Thanks ;)
Yes I know what you mean.  She had that with the first baby but he was just so early.  This pregnancy they have been giving her some shot to prevent premature labor.

I haven't heard anything this morning so I'm guessing she's just at home taking it easy ;)

Quoting Sassy762:

TheDoctorsWife
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 2:00 PM
1 mom liked this
I hope everything turns out ok Heather. I can't imagine how scared she must be!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommysangelface
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 2:05 PM
1 mom liked this
Prayers and healing thoughts being sent her way hunni!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN