Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Put the laptop down kind of like...

Posted by on May. 3, 2013 at 1:16 PM
  • 19 Replies
  • 238 Total Views

I've finally got movies here that I am pretty sure I'm going to like well enough to put my laptop down for, lol!  I love my laptop but it's been awhile since I've enjoyed a movie and paid complete attention to one...I always cheat with my laptop, lol!!!

Do you have shows or movies that cause you to tone out everything else...even your cell or your laptop?

From Netflix (snail mail):
The Guilt Trip
Anna Karenina
Silver Linings Playbook

by on May. 3, 2013 at 1:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JenniferW67
by Friend on May. 3, 2013 at 3:06 PM
1 mom liked this

I know what you mean. I'm always trying to do both too. The only time I focus only on the movie is if it has subtitles. lol

Enjoy your movie time. Let us know if they're good. I've got a list going.

taKENheart
by Heatherly on May. 3, 2013 at 3:48 PM

I was never like this before CM LOL!
Oh I haven't seen a good subtitled movie in awhile.  My ds bought the one that The Hunger Games was based on.  I really want to watch that one but I have to be in the mood to read a movie :P
Have you seen
The Orphanage ?

I sure will ;)

Quoting JenniferW67:

I know what you mean. I'm always trying to do both too. The only time I focus only on the movie is if it has subtitles. lol

JenniferW67
by Friend on May. 3, 2013 at 4:43 PM

I haven't seen that one. Just judging by the picture, I won't be. lol...I'm such a big chicken whe it comes to movies. But I bet since it's subtitled I could get through it.

Quoting taKENheart:

I was never like this before CM LOL!
Oh I haven't seen a good subtitled movie in awhile.  My ds bought the one that The Hunger Games was based on.  I really want to watch that one but I have to be in the mood to read a movie :P
Have you seen
The Orphanage ?

I sure will ;)

Quoting JenniferW67:

taKENheart
by Heatherly on May. 3, 2013 at 5:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Aww but it was really good.  It was more sad than it was scary but that's all I'm going to say in case you change your mind.  You wouldn't ever forget it once you watched it. :)

Quoting JenniferW67:

I haven't seen that one. Just judging by the picture, I won't be. lol...I'm such a big chicken whe it comes to movies. But I bet since it's subtitled I could get through it.

Quoting taKENheart:
bmw29
by Spitfire_Bobbie on May. 3, 2013 at 5:50 PM

The Walking Dead, Dexter, Bones, Criminal Minds, SOA, Mad Men, Breaking Bad....All shows that take my full attention. LOL I love to watch TV shows, watch movies and read. Basically anything that can give me a mini vacation from life. That is why I don't care for reality TV.  

JenniferW67
by Friend on May. 3, 2013 at 6:38 PM
Oh! I can handle sad. Just not scary movies that have creepy children in them. lol I'll put it on the list. Thanks! (why isn't my font working)
Quoting taKENheart:

Aww but it was really good.  It was more sad than it was scary but that's all I'm going to say in case you change your mind.  You wouldn't ever forget it once you watched it. :)

Quoting JenniferW67:

Quoting taKENheart:
taKENheart
by Heatherly on May. 3, 2013 at 6:57 PM

I love SOA and TWD but I don't always put my computer down for them, lol!  I probably need to put my laptop down more often because I don't fully pay attention to anything on. 

Quoting bmw29:

The Walking Dead, Dexter, Bones, Criminal Minds, SOA, Mad Men, Breaking Bad....All shows that take my full attention. LOL I love to watch TV shows, watch movies and read. Basically anything that can give me a mini vacation from life. That is why I don't care for reality TV.  

taKENheart
by Heatherly on May. 3, 2013 at 7:11 PM

Hmm...gosh I don't want to give too much away but if you don't like ghosts then you shouldn't watch it.

Quoting JenniferW67:

Oh! I can handle sad. Just not scary movies that have creepy children in them. lol I'll put it on the list. Thanks! (why isn't my font working)
Quoting taKENheart:
jamielynnef2
by Butterfly Mahi on May. 3, 2013 at 9:41 PM
Guilt trip is out???? Hec ya! I'm gonna be watching that this weekend lol

I'm like that with greys lol
taKENheart
by Heatherly on May. 3, 2013 at 9:54 PM

Yes, Ma'am and I sure hope it's as good as I think it will be. :)
Will they have it on PPV or do you have to Redbox it?

Is that the only show?  You are so good...I think I'm a t.v. and internet junkie! LOL!

Quoting jamielynnef2:

Guilt trip is out???? Hec ya! I'm gonna be watching that this weekend lol

I'm like that with greys lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN