Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

its been a minute

Posted by on May. 3, 2013 at 9:55 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 108 Total Views
Since I was in here....I hope all you ladies are doing well....I try to get in and catch up but life has been busy and tiring lately!

The other night my daughter wrecked on a bike and was having stomach pains then the next day pain on her side so I took her into to the er to see if she fractured a rib...turns out there was no broken rib but two smalll tears in her spleen that were bleeding :-/ that hospital decided it was best to transfer her to the children's hospital in ft. Worth.....so we got to take an ambulance ride across town. They thought she was going to need emergency surgery so when we got there we were greeted with a team of 3 nurses, a trauma dr., a surgeon, a medical tech, a radiologist amd a couple of other people as we entered the trauma room...talk about overwhelming! ....they kept an eye on her and did some more test....once she hot the 36hr point they said she was out of the critical zone and let her go home since the bleeding didmt worse ....she has to have another ct next week amd missed school all this week except monday...I was up for 40 some hours lol...and now my babies are sick thanks to this stupid texas weather!

How are you ladies?
by on May. 3, 2013 at 9:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
taKENheart
by Heatherly on May. 4, 2013 at 12:12 AM
1 mom liked this

That must have been a bad fall :(  How is she doing now?  That must have frightened you!  It's always so scary when your babies are hurt and your kisses can't fix it. 
You've dealt with enough already...let's hope for a relaxing summer at the pool ;)  Hope they all heal quickly!!!
<3 <3 <3

JenniferW67
by Friend on May. 4, 2013 at 12:21 PM

Oh wow Jamie! How terrifying! You and your family have been put through the ringer lately. Prayers that you're daughter is healed up, that all your kids kick the bug and feel better, that you get the rest you need and that you all get some down time and fun this Summer.

How is she doing now? She must have been so scared.

jamielynnef2
by Butterfly Mahi on May. 4, 2013 at 12:42 PM
Haha that's what I'm hoping for!! A nice summer at the pool and water parks lol

It was scary...joe was home with the babies so I was fighting back tears lol if she wouldve seen me cry she wouldve been more scared than she already was Lol

Quoting taKENheart:

That must have been a bad fall :(  How is she doing now?  That must have frightened you!  It's always so scary when your babies are hurt and your kisses can't fix it. 
You've dealt with enough already...let's hope for a relaxing summer at the pool ;)  Hope they all heal quickly!!!
<3 <3 <3

jamielynnef2
by Butterfly Mahi on May. 4, 2013 at 12:46 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you, jennifer!!

She's doing ok now that she knows there won't be a surgery lol...she still has pain though. ..she has just been taking it easy and resting as much as possible

She was so upset and cried the whole time at the first er but the medstar guys got her calmed down and relaxed by making her laugh on the way to the childrens hospital :-) those two guys were God sends, I tell ya!

Quoting JenniferW67:

Oh wow Jamie! How terrifying! You and your family have been put through the ringer lately. Prayers that you're daughter is healed up, that all your kids kick the bug and feel better, that you get the rest you need and that you all get some down time and fun this Summer.

How is she doing now? She must have been so scared.

bmw29
by Spitfire_Bobbie on May. 4, 2013 at 1:37 PM

Holy crap! I knew you took her to the hospital but I didn't realize it was that bad. :( I'm glad she is OK.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)