Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have You Met Any Of Your Online Friends?

Posted by on May. 6, 2013 at 7:51 PM
  • 38 Replies
  • 394 Total Views

It seems like a lot of us have made pretty good friends on Cm. I have a few  really good online friends on CM and also on a Facebook group that I belong to. Anyway, some of the ladies from my FB group want to plan a get-together for next year sometime. I've never met any of my online friends in person before and I'm wondering if  it will be weird and change how the freindships somehow.

Have you met any of your online friends? And if so, are you glad you did?

by on May. 6, 2013 at 7:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
finnbar
by on May. 6, 2013 at 7:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes, I have.
I met another nanny thru a facebook group for nannies. We've known each other online for probably seven or eight years!
Her family passed thru my town on a vacation a couple years ago and dropped her off for an hour while they ate.
It was so nice to talk in person
JenniferW67
by Friend on May. 6, 2013 at 8:13 PM

That sounds perfect. Not too much pressure, just an hour. lol Did it seem weird to be looking at her while talking? lol And to hear her voice? It's strange how you can kind of fill in the blanks with your imagination. Like what someone's mannerisms, or voice might be like.

Quoting finnbar:

Yes, I have.
I met another nanny thru a facebook group for nannies. We've known each other online for probably seven or eight years!
Her family passed thru my town on a vacation a couple years ago and dropped her off for an hour while they ate.

offrdngal
by Terri on May. 6, 2013 at 8:56 PM
1 mom liked this
No...but I wish I could. Some of us text each other, but we haven't been able to get together.

finnbar
by on May. 6, 2013 at 9:01 PM
1 mom liked this
It was odd and natural at the same time. An hour was not long enough!
I knew what she sounded like from talking on the phone

Quoting JenniferW67:

That sounds perfect. Not too much pressure, just an hour. lol Did it seem weird to be looking at her while talking? lol And to hear her voice? It's strange how you can kind of fill in the blanks with your imagination. Like what someone's mannerisms, or voice might be like.

Quoting finnbar:

Yes, I have.

jamielynnef2
by Butterfly Mahi on May. 6, 2013 at 9:18 PM
1 mom liked this
I haven't yet but am lookimg forwaed to it :-) I don't think it'll be wierd at all...we talk on a regular basis via text and have talked in the phone...I'm excited to finally have a get together :-D
JenniferW67
by Friend on May. 6, 2013 at 9:22 PM

Are they close enough to do it? This groups is spread out all over the country and  the person putting it together is trying to figure out a place Waaaayyyyy out of the way, so we would all have to travel.  Everyone has to make a real effort to make it.  I'm looking forward to hearing what she comes up with and will do it as long as I don't have to leave the country. lol

Quoting offrdngal:

No...but I wish I could. Some of us text each other, but we haven't been able to get together.

JenniferW67
by Friend on May. 6, 2013 at 9:24 PM

yeah...we haven't talked on the phone yet. That'll probably make me feel a little more relaxed about it.

Quoting jamielynnef2:

I haven't yet but am lookimg forwaed to it :-) I don't think it'll be wierd at all...we talk on a regular basis via text and have talked in the phone...I'm excited to finally have a get together :-D

jamielynnef2
by Butterfly Mahi on May. 6, 2013 at 9:25 PM
1 mom liked this
You'll be able to tell then if it'll be awkward in person or not haha

Quoting JenniferW67:

yeah...we haven't talked on the phone yet. That'll probably make me feel a little more relaxed about it.

Quoting jamielynnef2:

offrdngal
by Terri on May. 6, 2013 at 9:31 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting JenniferW67:

I'm in IN and so is one of the ladies (she's down south though). One is in WI....KY, TX, CA

JenniferW67
by Friend on May. 6, 2013 at 9:34 PM

I guess I'm learning something about myself. I DON"T LIKE CHANGE!  lol. Everything's fine the way it is, why do we have to go and mix it all up?! lol

Quoting jamielynnef2:

You'll be able to tell then if it'll be awkward in person or not haha

Quoting JenniferW67:

Quoting jamielynnef2:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN