Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Random strangers

Posted by on May. 9, 2013 at 8:16 PM
  • 20 Replies
  • 173 Total Views

How often do you interact with a complete stranger at a store?  I am not talking about a worker/cashier I'm talking about just another random shopper like yourself.
Today I was standing by my cart sipping on my drink (yes, I take in my water) while dh is picking out some steaks and this elderly man asks "can I take a hit of that" LMAO!  My face turned red...I know it did as I shook my head and said Umm no. 
LOL turns out he's a jokester and gets a kick out of people's reactions.  We had a pretty good laugh after I realized he was kidding, lol!!!  He was a friendly old guy.  I watched him talk to someone on every aisle.  Made me wonder if he's lonely though :/  I adore the elderly.

by on May. 9, 2013 at 8:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bmw29
by Spitfire_Bobbie on May. 9, 2013 at 8:28 PM
1 mom liked this
Unless I have a headache I talk to just about everybody. LOL

CountryMom9010
by New on May. 9, 2013 at 9:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Awh, Poor ol man!! :'(

I try to talk to other people too. Like last week / week before last, Me and shawn went to Family Dollar and there was this young lady and man. She was telling him to "shush" or "sssshhhhhh" and I was like "Gurl, you cant ever get a man to shutup", LOL. i try to be friendly everywhere i go. :)

LMAO That must have been funny!! Did Ken see any of it? what did he think? I dunno about him but shawns kinda weird when it comes to men talking to me. i mean hes not jealous hes just trying to make sure they're not pulling anything. ya know what I mean? 

taKENheart
by Heatherly on May. 9, 2013 at 9:22 PM

I usually do too ;)  There is usually someone that needs help reaching top shelves or help finding something in the store, lol.
He just really caught me off guard with that request LOL!  I don't share drinks with other people...just dh so it was really quite comical.

Quoting bmw29:

Unless I have a headache I talk to just about everybody. LOL

bcoll
by on May. 9, 2013 at 9:24 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm a talker :)

taKENheart
by Heatherly on May. 9, 2013 at 9:27 PM

He sure had fun with me though ;)

LOL usually it's the women that won't hush up.  Have you always been like that?  I think I got it from my mama, Hahaha!
He came up right towards the end and said he was wondering why I was blushing so badly, lmao!  Dh even jokingly grabbed something from his cart on another aisle ;)  If he had been a much younger dude than I'm sure dh wouldn't be pleased, hehe!  I totally know what you mean though.

Quoting CountryMom9010:

I try to talk to other people too. Like last week / week before last, Me and shawn went to Family Dollar and there was this young lady and man. She was telling him to "shush" or "sssshhhhhh" and I was like "Gurl, you cant ever get a man to shutup", LOL. i try to be friendly everywhere i go. :)

LMAO That must have been funny!! Did Ken see any of it? what did he think? I dunno about him but shawns kinda weird when it comes to men talking to me. i mean hes not jealous hes just trying to make sure they're not pulling anything. ya know what I mean? 

taKENheart
by Heatherly on May. 9, 2013 at 9:29 PM

:) so you just talk to anyone...that's awesome!
I'm not a huge talker but I like to be kind to people when I'm out and about. 

Quoting bcoll:

bcoll
by on May. 9, 2013 at 9:35 PM

I guess it depends, if someone seems to be debating a product I know about I've been known to offer an opinion...lol

More often though the little ones catch someones attention and that's an attention grabber. The best moments ever are when I have all the kids with me and you can see the quick "kid count" that people do lmbo

Quoting taKENheart:

:) so you just talk to anyone...that's awesome!
I'm not a huge talker but I like to be kind to people when I'm out and about. 

Quoting bcoll:

CountryMom9010
by New on May. 9, 2013 at 10:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, I think I more get it from my Daddy. :D Hes a friendly man. he was raised in the Country so haha always say howdy and Have a nice day :) 
LoL!

Quoting taKENheart:

He sure had fun with me though ;)

LOL usually it's the women that won't hush up.  Have you always been like that?  I think I got it from my mama, Hahaha!
He came up right towards the end and said he was wondering why I was blushing so badly, lmao!  Dh even jokingly grabbed something from his cart on another aisle ;)  If he had been a much younger dude than I'm sure dh wouldn't be pleased, hehe!  I totally know what you mean though.

Quoting CountryMom9010:

taKENheart
by Heatherly on May. 9, 2013 at 10:18 PM

That's awfully nice of you ;)  Ever been snubbed for giving your advice?
Oh lol I bet ;)  If I stare then just know it's from admiration for being able to care for so many ;)

Quoting bcoll:

I guess it depends, if someone seems to be debating a product I know about I've been known to offer an opinion...lol

More often though the little ones catch someones attention and that's an attention grabber. The best moments ever are when I have all the kids with me and you can see the quick "kid count" that people do lmbo

Quoting taKENheart:
JenniferW67
by Buddy on May. 9, 2013 at 10:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Awww...that's a cute story. Sounds like he got you good.

I'm a talker and a helper and I ask people for help when I need it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)