Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What to do what to do!

Posted by on May. 9, 2013 at 9:30 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 62 Total Views
My boss told me today out market director, his boss was coming to talk to me next week. There are some opportunities coming available and I'll be offered a promotion. Whoo hoo!!
I can stay where I am and become assistant manager and have a newly licensed funeral director working under me. I'd mentor and train him. That's super cool!
Or, I could go to a different funeral home, one that's only 6 miles from home. I'd be an assistant manager there and take on the responsibilities of office manager. I would be in line to be the manager there as well. This one is in my home town. I'd be serving my neighbors, people I know and my community. I'd get home earlier since I'm so close to home.
But, where I'm at now is a prestigious funeral home. I'd have major bragging rights there. Plus I've been there 3 years and know the location and people well.
What do I do!??! I know, it's a good delima to have.
by on May. 9, 2013 at 9:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
taKENheart
by Heatherly on May. 9, 2013 at 9:47 PM
1 mom liked this

So if I understood correctly you will hold pretty much the same position at either place?  If you like the prestigious funeral home then the only thing that would make me think about the other funeral home would be the going home earlier.
Good Luck with the decision and congratulations on the promotion...I'm sure you deserve it ;)

MommyAJ2921
by Acquaintance on May. 10, 2013 at 12:52 PM

What heather said! CONGRATS.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)