Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone make a ...

Posted by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 3:14 PM
  • 20 Replies
  • 206 Total Views

Soda cake before?
The directions say to just mix a soda into the cake mix.  So you mean that I don't have to add in the oil or the 3 eggs?

Soda Can Cupcakes

Ingredients

• 1 box cake mix, any flavor
  • 1 can room temperature soda, any flavor

How to Make

1. Preheat your oven to 350°
  2. Line muffin pan with liners.
  3. In a medium bowl combine your soda and cake mix, stirring with a whisk until most of the lumps are gone.
  4. Fill each liner 1/2-2/3 full of batter.
  5. Bake for 18-20 minutes until cupcakes are springy and toothpicks comes out clean.
  6. Let cool completely before frosting.

Notes

You can use any flavor combination you would like. Coke or Dr. Pepper would be great in a chocolate cake mix. Orange Soda, Mountain Dew, Sprite, Root Beer would all be fun to try too.

by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 3:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bmw29
by Spitfire_Bobbie on Jun. 24, 2013 at 5:59 PM
That's exactly what they mean. :-)
taKENheart
by Heatherly on Jun. 24, 2013 at 6:01 PM

Ok well, I went ahead and made it.  I also added fresh strawberries to the batter.  I made a cool whip frosting with frish strawberries too.  I sure hope it turns out to be delicious!

taKENheart
by Heatherly on Jun. 24, 2013 at 6:03 PM

Well good because I did it, LOL!!! I was wondering if it would work.  It's a strawberry cake and I didn't have strawberry soda so I used black cherry.

Quoting bmw29:

bmw29
by Spitfire_Bobbie on Jun. 24, 2013 at 6:17 PM
Is it good? It sounds like it could be good.

Quoting taKENheart:

Well good because I did it, LOL!!! I was wondering if it would work.  It's a strawberry cake and I didn't have strawberry soda so I used black cherry.

Quoting bmw29:

goodmama85
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 6:18 PM
Could you FedEx me a slice? lol
taKENheart
by Heatherly on Jun. 24, 2013 at 7:03 PM

I haven't tried it yet.  It's for tomorrow...ds turns 20 LOL Dh was like why are you making him a cake, lol! 
I don't know if I'll try it. I'm not fond of fake strawberry flavor LOL.  He just loves strawberry anything dangit.

Quoting bmw29:

Quoting taKENheart:

Quoting bmw29:

taKENheart
by Heatherly on Jun. 24, 2013 at 7:05 PM

Oh sure!  Anything to get this cake out of here faster, lol!

Quoting goodmama85:

Could you FedEx me a slice? lol

bmw29
by Spitfire_Bobbie on Jun. 24, 2013 at 7:08 PM
20? Wow, I can't wait. I can kick Cameron out at 20 right? LOL He's being a turd today.

Quoting taKENheart:

I haven't tried it yet.  It's for tomorrow...ds turns 20 LOL Dh was like why are you making him a cake, lol! 
I don't know if I'll try it. I'm not fond of fake strawberry flavor LOL.  He just loves strawberry anything dangit.

Quoting bmw29:

Quoting taKENheart:

Quoting bmw29:

taKENheart
by Heatherly on Jun. 24, 2013 at 7:25 PM

Yes and I can't believe it!  LOL you don't think he'll be a turd at 20 do you?  I don't know what to do with him.  I think we'll give him 2acres on our land and let him build a house or something.  I don't think he ever wants to move out, lol!  Luckily he is no trouble at all.

Quoting bmw29:

20? Wow, I can't wait. I can kick Cameron out at 20 right? LOL He's being a turd today.

Quoting taKENheart:
TheDoctorsWife
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 8:34 PM
How was it?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)