Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Snail facial anyone?

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:41 PM
  • 12 Replies
  • 258 Total Views

I'd try this, would you?
http://t.living.msn.com/style-beauty/putting-snails-on-your-face-now-counts-as-a-beauty-treatment-in-japan
Putting snails on your face now counts as a beauty treatment in Japan

Watch one reporter try out the snail facial.

Yoshikazu Tsuno/AFP/Getty Images
by
Beth Shapouri

Apparently, in Japan you can now pay people to put snails all over your face in the name of pretty skin and a reporter for The Telegraph tried it out. I hope she gets a raise.

Watch below:
The idea is that when the snails move around, they leave behind a trail of mucus that's packed with proteins, antioxidants and hyaluronic acid, which leave the skin looking glowy and refreshed.

Her verdict? The snails felt "cool and heavy" which doesn't sound so bad, but then she mentions the part about seeing the tentacles out of the corner of her eyes and I'm out. But if snails become the next new thing in skincare and I ever do decide to try it, I figure lying around in some grass would be a cheaper route.

Weird, no?

by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JenniferW67
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:47 PM

Whatever it takes! I'm not too proud. lol I would rather do that than have surgery.

bmw29
by Spitfire_Bobbie on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:49 PM

That's disgusting!! I would rather be an ugly, old, hag than let snails climb on my face. 

JenniferW67
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:57 PM

Ha! Just wait till you get old and ugly, you'll be scrambling to find this post. lol I just want them to scoot around on my neck. I'm getting the old lady neck.

Quoting bmw29:

That's disgusting!! I would rather be an ugly, old, hag than let snails climb on my face. 

bmw29
by Spitfire_Bobbie on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:29 PM

I'll be 34 in a few short months. LOL I really don't care enough to go this route. I'll stick with honey and jojoba oil and maybe a little rose water with witch hazel. That stuff is way less disgusting. ;)

Quoting JenniferW67:

Ha! Just wait till you get old and ugly, you'll be scrambling to find this post. lol I just want them to scoot around on my neck. I'm getting the old lady neck.

Quoting bmw29:

taKENheart
by Heatherly on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:49 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL right!  You know even if it doesn't work I bet I would like the cool feeling.

Quoting JenniferW67:

Whatever it takes! I'm not too proud. lol I would rather do that than have surgery.

taKENheart
by Heatherly on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:53 PM

sidesplittinglaughter I don't see you ever being an ugly hag. 

Quoting bmw29:

bmw29
by Spitfire_Bobbie on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:55 PM
2 moms liked this

Well damn, how else will I scare all the neighborhood children? ;)

Quoting taKENheart:

Quoting bmw29:

taKENheart
by Heatherly on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Omg! LMAO!!!  I didn't realize that was a goal, hehe!

Quoting bmw29:

Well damn, how else will I scare all the neighborhood children? ;)

Quoting taKENheart:

Quoting bmw29:

Sassy762
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 1:17 PM
1 mom liked this

No thanks

taKENheart
by Heatherly on Jul. 18, 2013 at 2:06 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL...but but they are so cute!

Quoting Sassy762:

No thanks

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)