Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Makes me fear the day *SAD content

Posted by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 11:13 PM
  • 10 Replies
  • 127 Total Views

I learned tonight that a friend's dh passed away earlier today.  I'm so very sad for her and the family that I'm in tears.
This lady watched me grow up from a baby to a young lady. She helped me get my first job as a single mother, was my co-worker and a big support to me.  I could tell her anything.  She has one of the kindest hearts that I've ever known. 
I haven't seen her in years because we moved a lot but thanks to fb I have her in my life.  My heart is so sad for her.  I'm just imagining what it would be like for me if I had to bury my own dh.  I just don't think I would have the strength and would sink into the darkest of holes.  It makes me really fear the day....unless I go first.

by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 11:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
VintageWife
by Pal on Jul. 18, 2013 at 11:14 PM
Prayers for her family :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JenniferW67
by Friend on Jul. 18, 2013 at 11:19 PM

I'm so sorry for her and her family too. I think about this more than I should. I don't know how people get through it, but they do. I hope I go first.

Was it sudden? I hope she could say her goodbye's.

taKENheart
by Heatherly on Jul. 18, 2013 at 11:38 PM

Thank you so much!

Quoting VintageWife:

Prayers for her family :(

taKENheart
by Heatherly on Jul. 18, 2013 at 11:45 PM

:( me too.  I don't remember her dh really but I do remember meeting him once as an adult when I worked with her.  It still makes me so sad regardless.
I don't know how people get through it either, Jennifer.  I've always told my dh that he should go first because I wouldn't want him to be so sad but now this makes me think about going first :(

Why do we think about these things?  I'd rather just live everyday not even thinking about it but sometimes I do.

I haven't talked to her in awhile but it wasn't sudden.  He's been sick for awhile but I'm not sure with what illness. 
Her dd's husband wrote a very touching post to her and it broke my heart.  He said that her family is his family and that her pain is his pain etc...

Quoting JenniferW67:

I'm so sorry for her and her family too. I think about this more than I should. I don't know how people get through it, but they do. I hope I go first.

JenniferW67
by Friend on Jul. 18, 2013 at 11:56 PM

Ugh....Just reading those few lines of his post made my heart sink to my stomach.

I wish I knew why those thoughts are there so much. Maybe it's their age. Or just thinking if you can plan for your pain it'll make it easier somehow. I hate it.

Quoting taKENheart:

:( me too.  I don't remember her dh really but I do remember meeting him once as an adult when I worked with her.  It still makes me so sad regardless.
I don't know how people get through it either, Jennifer.  I've always told my dh that he should go first because I wouldn't want him to be so sad but now this makes me think about going first :(

Why do we think about these things?  I'd rather just live everyday not even thinking about it but sometimes I do.

I haven't talked to her in awhile but it wasn't sudden.  He's been sick for awhile but I'm not sure with what illness. 
Her dd's husband wrote a very touching post to her and it broke my heart.  He said that her family is his family and that her pain is his pain etc...

Quoting JenniferW67:

bmw29
by Spitfire_Bobbie on Jul. 19, 2013 at 12:10 AM
I'm sorry for your friend. :-( Sadly dh is destined to die first since I plan to live forever.
taKENheart
by Heatherly on Jul. 19, 2013 at 12:23 AM

I'm glad she has a supportive dh because she'll be suffering and will need to be there for her mother :(

I think it's our age.  I didn't think about this as a young woman.
I hate it too :(  My Oma didn't live past 66 I think but she was very unhealthy...I hope we make it longer :(

Quoting JenniferW67:

Ugh....Just reading those few lines of his post made my heart sink to my stomach.

I wish I knew why those thoughts are there so much. Maybe it's their age. Or just thinking if you can plan for your pain it'll make it easier somehow. I hate it.

Quoting taKENheart:
taKENheart
by Heatherly on Jul. 19, 2013 at 12:25 AM

I can always count on you for a smile ;) Thank you, Bobbie!

Quoting bmw29:

I'm sorry for your friend. :-( Sadly dh is destined to die first since I plan to live forever.

bmw29
by Spitfire_Bobbie on Jul. 19, 2013 at 8:23 AM
1 mom liked this
I aim to please. ;-) I hope your friend finds peace.

Quoting taKENheart:

I can always count on you for a smile ;) Thank you, Bobbie!

Quoting bmw29:

taKENheart
by Heatherly on Jul. 19, 2013 at 10:33 AM

I was looking for something to post to her on fb but I'm thinking that sending a card would be more appropriate.  Fb is the last place I would turn if I lost my dh.

Anyway, I saw this and ....:(

Oh and NO I'm not posting it to her.

Sorrow

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)