Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

B-L-D 7/24

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:12 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 240 Total Views

Hey guys!
Sorry I'm late to posting this.  I had to go out of town to pick up my dd from her road trip.  She's been talking nonstop for the past 2hrs, lol!

by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
taKENheart
by Heatherly on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:13 PM

it wouldn't let post a pic in the op :/

taKENheart
by Heatherly on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Skipped
Carl's jr. for lunch out of town.  I got some burrito thing there.  I think it was called a San Diego burrito with steak, guacamole and french fries on it, lol.  It came with chips and salsa.

Dinner~ I don't care lol.  Everyone will fend for themselves.  I was supposed to go shopping today and my dd was supposed to come home tomorrow but she was ready to come home.

JenniferW67
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:19 PM

Yay....she's home, safe and sound. Hope she had a great trip.

Did you like the burrito? I don't think I've ever had anything bad from Carl's Jr.

B-Coffee

L-Veggie sandwich

D-Gyro, potato chips and gummy bears

taKENheart
by Heatherly on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:18 PM

YAY is right!  She was ready!  She had a lot to complain about so add another 2hrs to the talk, lol!  She surprises me with her maturity on how she handled things with her grandmother.  I'm very proud of her because I would have flipped my lid dealing with some stuff, lol!

It was ok.  The steak meat was pretty tasty but I could have gone without the fries on it.  I really just wanted to try something different.  I don't think our Carl's Jr. here even serves burritos or tacos.
Blech I had a 1/2 tuna sandwich for dinner and used that mayo made with olive oil...yuck!  I didn't like it.

Mmmm did you make the gyros at home?  I bet I already told you the recipe I use. It's sooo good!

Quoting JenniferW67:

Did you like the burrito? I don't think I've ever had anything bad from Carl's Jr.

B-Coffee

L-Veggie sandwich

JenniferW67
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:46 PM

Good for her! I have a short fuse when it come to daling with family. I'm really trying to do a better job holding mt tongue.

The Carl's Jr's here are combined with The Green Burrito chain, but I haven't tried the burritos from Carl's.

Good to know about that mayo. Stinks that it ruined your tuna. It must taste pretty strong.

I did make them. You didn't tell me, which recipe do you use? I'm not sure could ever get sick of them. Love them!

Quoting taKENheart:

YAY is right!  She was ready!  She had a lot to complain about so add another 2hrs to the talk, lol!  She surprises me with her maturity on how she handled things with her grandmother.  I'm very proud of her because I would have flipped my lid dealing with some stuff, lol!

It was ok.  The steak meat was pretty tasty but I could have gone without the fries on it.  I really just wanted to try something different.  I don't think our Carl's Jr. here even serves burritos or tacos.
Blech I had a 1/2 tuna sandwich for dinner and used that mayo made with olive oil...yuck!  I didn't like it.

Mmmm did you make the gyros at home?  I bet I already told you the recipe I use. It's sooo good!

Quoting JenniferW67:

B-Coffee

L-Veggie sandwich

taKENheart
by Heatherly on Jul. 25, 2013 at 12:04 AM

I am really proud of her but of course I only heard her side. LOL but I know that woman because she was my mil once.  She's a difficult person to deal with...but I will say that she is kind during our 5-10min exchange when I'm picking up or dropping my girl off.  My ds doesn't want to go and he's 20. 

I didn't know The Green Burrito was it's own chain.  Really?  LOL I never knew why they had Green burrito on their sign.  Ours in OK doesn't have it.

Oh you haven't tried that mayo?  I remember getting it once before but I must have forgotten that I didn't like it.

I use recipe # 285900 and yes I have it stored it in my memory.  It's by Steve in Florida or something.  The #2 step is the most important step for the whole recipe.  I was surprised at the short ingredient list for herbs/spices.
http://www.food.com/recipe/gyros-an-authentic-recipe-for-making-them-at-home-285900

Quoting JenniferW67:

Good for her! I have a short fuse when it come to daling with family. I'm really trying to do a better job holding mt tongue.

The Carl's Jr's here are combined with The Green Burrito chain, but I haven't tried the burritos from Carl's.

Good to know about that mayo. Stinks that it ruined your tuna. It must taste pretty strong.

I did make them. You didn't tell me, which recipe do you use? I'm not sure could ever get sick of them. Love them!

Quoting taKENheart:
JenniferW67
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 12:31 AM

Does she live close by?

Yeah...The Green Burrito started close to where I grew up. Just a little tiny place and if you could eat three "Big Ed" burritos you won a thousand bucks. They used to be really, really good, but I think once they became a chain they lost what was special. It wasn't as authentic. I haven't had good Mexican food in so long. I'd rather have Mexican fast food than some of the places we've tried the last couple years.

So it's just a strong olive oil taste? Or is it something else?

That's the recipe I made! I made it over the 4th and sliced it thin and then froze the leftovers. It's almost gone. I want to make it again to have on hand. It tasted just fine after being frozen and it's such an easy, yummy meal. I'm bummed it's almost gone. I had my daughter and her DH do the slamming. It looks like a lot of work. Did you do that yourself?

Quoting taKENheart:

I am really proud of her but of course I only heard her side. LOL but I know that woman because she was my mil once.  She's a difficult person to deal with...but I will say that she is kind during our 5-10min exchange when I'm picking up or dropping my girl off.  My ds doesn't want to go and he's 20. 

I didn't know The Green Burrito was it's own chain.  Really?  LOL I never knew why they had Green burrito on their sign.  Ours in OK doesn't have it.

Oh you haven't tried that mayo?  I remember getting it once before but I must have forgotten that I didn't like it.

I use recipe # 285900 and yes I have it stored it in my memory.  It's by Steve in Florida or something.  The #2 step is the most important step for the whole recipe.  I was surprised at the short ingredient list for herbs/spices.
http://www.food.com/recipe/gyros-an-authentic-recipe-for-making-them-at-home-285900

Quoting JenniferW67:

Quoting taKENheart:

taKENheart
by Heatherly on Jul. 25, 2013 at 1:27 PM

She lives about 1 1/2hrs from here.

Yeah, they must have lost something because it wasn't great.  I got chips and salsa with my order.  The chips were cold and they give you the tiniest container of salsa, lol.  I'm not too happy with most Mexican restaurants either.  I guess I need to stick to the ff type, lol.

I really don't know what it is about that mayo.  It just doesn't taste right but I know it's hard to make a change.  Maybe by the time I finish the jar it will grow on me.

Cool!!!  LOL yep the slamming part takes some time.  It feels like it takes forever but I really think that's the part that gives it the proper texture.  That is the yummiest recipe ever!  I even like it better than the ones you get at restaurants.   I might have to make it with just ground beef, skip the slamming and see how it is like a meatloaf. 

Quoting JenniferW67:

Does she live close by?

Yeah...The Green Burrito started close to where I grew up. Just a little tiny place and if you could eat three "Big Ed" burritos you won a thousand bucks. They used to be really, really good, but I think once they became a chain they lost what was special. It wasn't as authentic. I haven't had good Mexican food in so long. I'd rather have Mexican fast food than some of the places we've tried the last couple years.

So it's just a strong olive oil taste? Or is it something else?

That's the recipe I made! I made it over the 4th and sliced it thin and then froze the leftovers. It's almost gone. I want to make it again to have on hand. It tasted just fine after being frozen and it's such an easy, yummy meal. I'm bummed it's almost gone. I had my daughter and her DH do the slamming. It looks like a lot of work. Did you do that yourself?

Quoting taKENheart:
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)