Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

B-L-D 8/4

Posted by on Aug. 4, 2013 at 3:23 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • 133 Total Views

I thought about going to dinner and a movie with dh today but I think I'll pass since it's tax free weekend.  I don't want to deal with the crowd.

What are you serving up today?

by on Aug. 4, 2013 at 3:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
JenniferW67
by Buddy on Aug. 4, 2013 at 4:10 PM

I had never heard of tax-free weekends. I looked it up and ours in in a couple weeks. Hope you have fun shopping!

My Dh just left for 10 day and our daughter gets here about dinner time tonight to stay for the month. So I'm cooking, cleaning the house and scrubbing out the fridge and freezer.

B-Coffee, homemade egg McMuffins and fruit

L-Nothing

D-Creamy crock pot Mexican chicken, tortillas and coleslaw

bmw29
by Spitfire_Bobbie on Aug. 4, 2013 at 5:37 PM

I haven't felt great today so I haven't eaten much yet. We will have leftovers for dinner I think.  

taKENheart
by Heatherly on Aug. 4, 2013 at 6:18 PM

I hadn't either until I moved here and was working retail.  Oh great that you have one too.  Will you go shopping?
I didn't go but I'm wondering how much stuff the kids bought.

I bet your place is spotless as much cleaning as you've done all month.  I hope you enjoy her visit ;)
Mmm dinner sounds really good!

Quoting JenniferW67:

I had never heard of tax-free weekends. I looked it up and ours in in a couple weeks. Hope you have fun shopping!

My Dh just left for 10 day and our daughter gets here about dinner time tonight to stay for the month. So I'm cooking, cleaning the house and scrubbing out the fridge and freezer.

B-Coffee, homemade egg McMuffins and fruit

L-Nothing

D-Creamy crock pot Mexican chicken, tortillas and coleslaw

jamielynnef2
by Butterfly Mahi on Aug. 4, 2013 at 6:19 PM
B- nada

L- braums

D- a salad if I'm even hungry lol
taKENheart
by Heatherly on Aug. 4, 2013 at 6:19 PM

:/ hope you feel better and glad you have leftovers so you don't have to cook.

Quoting bmw29:

I haven't felt great today so I haven't eaten much yet. We will have leftovers for dinner I think.  

taKENheart
by Heatherly on Aug. 4, 2013 at 6:21 PM

I just kind of grazed today.
So far I've had a boiled egg, watermelon slices and a few olives straight from the jar, lol...it's all mine so I just use a toothpick and grab a few.

Dinner is Beef and snow peas on rice.  I'm attempting to duplicate the brown hibachi sauce from my favorite restaurant.  It's nothing like the other copycat ones that you find.

taKENheart
by Heatherly on Aug. 4, 2013 at 6:36 PM

Gurrl, get yo grub on, lol.  Did you get a Braum's burger?  I used to have a friend that loved them.
A salad!  I should make a salad with that ginger dressing to go with my meal! 
Watch the kids won't be hungry when they get home and I'll have all these leftovers.

Quoting jamielynnef2:

B- nada

L- braums

D- a salad if I'm even hungry lol

vetNmommy
by Pal on Aug. 4, 2013 at 10:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Breakfast- nothing Lunch- sandwich Dinner- I made home made spaghetti sauce for spaghetti Dessert I baked apples with blackberries inside and added a blackberry sauce that I made on top. It was yummy!!
taKENheart
by Heatherly on Aug. 4, 2013 at 11:43 PM

Oooh do you have a good recipe for a delish sauce?  I tried to make it once but it was awful even though it's the Number1 on my foodie site.

Quoting vetNmommy:

Breakfast- nothing Lunch- sandwich Dinner- I made home made spaghetti sauce for spaghetti Dessert I baked apples with blackberries inside and added a blackberry sauce that I made on top. It was yummy!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)