Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who has TWC?

Posted by on Aug. 4, 2013 at 9:50 PM
  • 13 Replies
  • 220 Total Views

Time Warner Cable
I was on my soap board and people are saying that those with TWC won't be getting CBS.  People are also saying if you use TWC internet that you won't be able to access cbs.com either.
So strange!  Some are saying it's only certain big cities though.
Who has TWC and are you still getting CBS?

by on Aug. 4, 2013 at 9:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bmw29
by Spitfire_Bobbie on Aug. 4, 2013 at 10:00 PM

We have direct TV but I've heard this also. Most likely they will work it out at some point though but that would annoy the shit out of me. 

taKENheart
by Heatherly on Aug. 4, 2013 at 10:06 PM

I would be pissed the hell off!  Oh can you imagine using rabbit ears and holding your tongue right to get reception!  Oh man I would be on the phone so fast and several times a day.  People are speculating it's CBS that is asking for a higher fee.  I don't care whose fault it is...take my CBS and I'm spitting fire!
LOL
I have Dish but used to have Direct Tv.

Quoting bmw29:

We have direct TV but I've heard this also. Most likely they will work it out at some point though but that would annoy the shit out of me. 

bmw29
by Spitfire_Bobbie on Aug. 4, 2013 at 10:09 PM

I have rabbit ears in the bedroom. LOL We never ran the cables to have DTV in here. It's not so bad but I will say that the whole digital tv thing is worse than the old style rabbit ears. At least then I could see some fuzz and hear a few words. LOL When this doesn't come in it really doesn't come in.

Quoting taKENheart:

I would be pissed the hell off!  Oh can you imagine using rabbit ears and holding your tongue right to get reception!  Oh man I would be on the phone so fast and several times a day.  People are speculating it's CBS that is asking for a higher fee.  I don't care whose fault it is...take my CBS and I'm spitting fire!
LOL

Quoting bmw29:

taKENheart
by Heatherly on Aug. 4, 2013 at 10:38 PM

Omg lol do you use foil and all that?
We run a cable from dd's room to the guest room but I think it only lets that room watch what she is watching at the time, lol.
Right...fuzz is better than nothing.

Quoting bmw29:

I have rabbit ears in the bedroom. LOL We never ran the cables to have DTV in here. It's not so bad but I will say that the whole digital tv thing is worse than the old style rabbit ears. At least then I could see some fuzz and hear a few words. LOL When this doesn't come in it really doesn't come in.

Quoting taKENheart:
bmw29
by Spitfire_Bobbie on Aug. 4, 2013 at 10:58 PM
LOL Foil doesn't help with that digital crap. I actually miss those days.

Quoting taKENheart:

We run a cable from dd's room to the guest room but I think it only lets that room watch what she is watching at the time, lol.

Quoting bmw29:

Quoting taKENheart:
taKENheart
by Heatherly on Aug. 4, 2013 at 11:33 PM

OH haha you are right!  I forgot about that.
You miss that foil stuff?  Oh I miss the days...that was a good time.  Things are so different now.

Quoting bmw29:

LOL Foil doesn't help with that digital crap. I actually miss those days.

Quoting taKENheart:

Quoting bmw29:

Quoting taKENheart:

Sassy762
by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 1:05 AM

Nope..channel 2 is gone.
BUT today they gave us "Starz" on channel 2.

WHO the helll wants Starz...no one buys that shit as a premium channel, I sure as hell don't want as channel 2, lol 

Sassy762
by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 1:08 AM

It is CBS.....they are demanding a higher amount from Time Warner. TW isn't budging right now BUT legally TW is violating every agreement they have with every customer. Even In the basic package.....customers are guaranteed ALL Local channels. Channel 2 is a local channel

Quoting taKENheart:

LOL

Quoting bmw29:

taKENheart
by Heatherly on Aug. 5, 2013 at 1:54 PM

You are right about Starz.  I don't know anyone that pays for that crap.

Quoting Sassy762:

Nope..channel 2 is gone.
BUT today they gave us "Starz" on channel 2.

WHO the helll wants Starz...no one buys that shit as a premium channel, I sure as hell don't want as channel 2, lol 

taKENheart
by Heatherly on Aug. 5, 2013 at 2:05 PM

Well, someone is going to have to budge or some people are going to be crazy without their CBS.  We had DirectTv but if I remember we had to pay extra to get all the local channels but it wasn't our local like with our news around here.  We switched to Dish.
Don't they know that they can't do that?  I would be livid.  You know there are a buttload of channels that people don't even watch so they are stuck with those when all they really want is there CBS back. 

Quoting Sassy762:

It is CBS.....they are demanding a higher amount from Time Warner. TW isn't budging right now BUT legally TW is violating every agreement they have with every customer. Even In the basic package.....customers are guaranteed ALL Local channels. Channel 2 is a local channel

Quoting taKENheart:
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)