Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

98 percent sure it's cancer ):

Posted by on Aug. 4, 2013 at 9:54 PM
Pal
  • 10 Replies
  • 177 Total Views

I saw my endo this past Thursday. He is 98  percent sure I have follicular thyroid cancer. I should be getting a call tomorrow for my surgery sat, they will be removing my whole thyroid. Then I will be doing rai treatment, then a full body scan to check for more cancer. 

I was fine with it, thyroid cancer is not horrible per sea, it's still cancer....but then I went to google and found lots of horror stories.. I will gain 20 to30 pounds, could lose my voice, ect. 

by on Aug. 4, 2013 at 9:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bmw29
by Spitfire_Bobbie on Aug. 4, 2013 at 9:59 PM

Oh no hon, I'm so sorry. :/ I really hope he's wrong.

taKENheart
by Heatherly on Aug. 4, 2013 at 10:13 PM

Katy, I'm so very sorry to hear that.  You sound to me like you are trying to stay strong, shake it off but girl if you need to do some crying then we will listen.  When you first told us about it I just knew you would be ok and I never really thought it would be the big C.  I'm so sorry.
Do you mean that you could lose your voice forever?  Keep us updated if you can and we'll all keep you in our thoughts and prayers.  Now I wish you still lived here. :(

vetNmommy
by Pal on Aug. 4, 2013 at 10:27 PM

I'm trying!! I could lose my voice for a while. It just depends what happens during surgery. The big thing that is bothering me is how hubby is treating me. He is letting me do anything I want and I did not catch on until yesterday. I think he feels bad we can not go to dw now. ):  it is really stressing him out.  I'm not telling anyone but family and a few close friends. I am going to buy a couple scarfs before surgery so I can cover it up. I'm just praying it has not spread. I will keep u all updated.

Quoting taKENheart:

Katy, I'm so very sorry to hear that.  You sound to me like you are trying to stay strong, shake it off but girl if you need to do some crying then we will listen.  When you first told us about it I just knew you would be ok and I never really thought it would be the big C.  I'm so sorry.
Do you mean that you could lose your voice forever?  Keep us updated if you can and we'll all keep you in our thoughts and prayers.  Now I wish you still lived here. :(

vetNmommy
by Pal on Aug. 4, 2013 at 10:28 PM

Me too!! Luckily though he has a plan if he is right.

Quoting bmw29:

bmw29
by Spitfire_Bobbie on Aug. 4, 2013 at 10:29 PM

I'll keep you in my thoughts hon. That's a terrible thing to hear. 

Quoting vetNmommy:

Me too!! Luckily though he has a plan if he is right.

Quoting bmw29:

taKENheart
by Heatherly on Aug. 4, 2013 at 10:45 PM

I can see that you are.  Ok so it wouldn't be a permanent loss of voice?
He isn't letting you do anything?  He probably does feel bad about it but that doesn't mean that you can't go next year ;)  Keep your chin up, girl!
We'll all be praying that it hasn't spread and just keep a positive vibe going for you.

Quoting vetNmommy:

I'm trying!! I could lose my voice for a while. It just depends what happens during surgery. The big thing that is bothering me is how hubby is treating me. He is letting me do anything I want and I did not catch on until yesterday. I think he feels bad we can not go to dw now. ):  it is really stressing him out.  I'm not telling anyone but family and a few close friends. I am going to buy a couple scarfs before surgery so I can cover it up. I'm just praying it has not spread. I will keep u all updated.

Quoting taKENheart:
vetNmommy
by Pal on Aug. 4, 2013 at 10:56 PM

Nope, 2 weeks to 6 months. 

No he is buying me everything I want which is stupid. He bought me a pair of miss me jeans, granted they were on sale and I look amazing in them. Lol but he went out and bought me an iPod, headphones and an arm band for it for after I'm recovered so I can run like I want to. Also so I can have it at the hospital and listen to my music. It's just annoying. I usually get what I want anyways, but there is usually some resistance from him. I don't like it. Lol

Quoting taKENheart:

I can see that you are.  Ok so it wouldn't be a permanent loss of voice?
He isn't letting you do anything?  He probably does feel bad about it but that doesn't mean that you can't go next year ;)  Keep your chin up, girl!
We'll all be praying that it hasn't spread and just keep a positive vibe going for you.

Quoting vetNmommy:

Quoting taKENheart:

taKENheart
by Heatherly on Aug. 4, 2013 at 11:38 PM

Oh geez, I sure hope that you don't but regardless if you do, I just want you to heal up quickly and that your cancer scan is clean.
You just aren't used to it.  Try to let him help you in the only way he knows how.  Hugs and good vibes!

Quoting vetNmommy:

Nope, 2 weeks to 6 months. 

No he is buying me everything I want which is stupid. He bought me a pair of miss me jeans, granted they were on sale and I look amazing in them. Lol but he went out and bought me an iPod, headphones and an arm band for it for after I'm recovered so I can run like I want to. Also so I can have it at the hospital and listen to my music. It's just annoying. I usually get what I want anyways, but there is usually some resistance from him. I don't like it. Lol

Quoting taKENheart:
Sassy762
by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 1:03 AM

Honey I hope you get better soon. You will beat this

jamielynnef2
by Butterfly Mahi on Aug. 5, 2013 at 3:00 PM
How scary those words must be! I will be praying for you and your family! Keep your head high and a positive attitude and remember you CAN beat this mama!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)