Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Decor: Updated with pics

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:51 AM
  • 13 Replies
  • 426 Total Views

I have a guest bedroom to decorate.
I went to our Kirkland's store reccently and this is on sale.  I do earthy colors so this would fit.  The pic does not do it justice.  It's highly glossed and looks great in person.  I want to buy it tomorrow.  What do you think of it?

http://www.kirklands.com/product/Wall-Decor/Art/Canvas-Art/Tree-of-Life-Canvas-Print/pc/2283/c/2293/sc/2673/158824.uts

What color would you do in a guest room?

I don't know why this one posted sideways, ugh.  They still have plastic wrap on them.

I thought these candle holders would look really good with my picture ;)

Sorry about the lighting :/ I thought I would put fancy potpourri in this bowl.  I got a couple knick knacks with this same look.

This may become a headboard in the other guest room.   Gosh my lighting sucks, lol.

by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bmw29
by Spitfire_Bobbie on Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:45 AM
I love that. I don't really do guest rooms though. Haha Our spare room upstairs will be Cameron's living/playroom after the remodel. There will be a bunk bed so people are welcome to sleep there but it will be designed for use so I wouldn't necessarily call it a guest room.
taKENheart
by Heatherly on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:32 PM

Yay! I wish it looked better online but it's really pretty in person.  I've got to figure out what color to put on the walls.  Ugh, I hate painting.  So he'll still keep his other bedroom?
Sometimes I think it's best not to have a guest room because tend to invite themselves, lol.

Quoting bmw29:

I love that. I don't really do guest rooms though. Haha Our spare room upstairs will be Cameron's living/playroom after the remodel. There will be a bunk bed so people are welcome to sleep there but it will be designed for use so I wouldn't necessarily call it a guest room.

vetNmommy
by Pal on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:35 PM

OMG, I love it! Buy me one! (;

I would do a warm color too. 

bmw29
by Spitfire_Bobbie on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:52 PM
1 mom liked this
He's basically going to have the whole upstairs to himself unless we have guests.

Quoting taKENheart:

Yay! I wish it looked better online but it's really pretty in person.  I've got to figure out what color to put on the walls.  Ugh, I hate painting.  So he'll still keep his other bedroom?
Sometimes I think it's best not to have a guest room because tend to invite themselves, lol.

Quoting bmw29:

taKENheart
by Heatherly on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:07 PM

LOL!  Well, they only had 2 left, haha!

Quoting vetNmommy:

vetNmommy
by Pal on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:11 PM

So you need to come visit me and decorate my house. lol. 

Quoting taKENheart:

Quoting vetNmommy:

JenniferW67
by Friend on Oct. 9, 2013 at 2:01 PM

I like it! Our whole house, except for our kitchen is kind of a dark wheat color. I wish I could describe it better. It was a Ralph Lauren color, can't remember the name and they matched the paint swatch at Home Depot. I remember the interior of our home in CO was called buckskin. It was really easy to live with and went with pretty much everything.

JenniferW67
by Friend on Oct. 9, 2013 at 2:03 PM

This is the buckskin swatch. It looks darker on this swatch than it did in our home, but we had a ton of light in that house. I love picking out paint.

TheDoctorsWife
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 2:10 PM

I'd go with a light neutral on the walls and red and yellow accents to pick up the colors in the pic.

taKENheart
by Heatherly on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:32 PM

LMAO!!!

I'm not really that great at decorating unless a store has several things that go together, lol. 
I spent way too much today, lol.

Quoting vetNmommy:

So you need to come visit me and decorate my house. lol. 

Quoting taKENheart:

Quoting vetNmommy:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)