Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

BLD 12/15 -12/21

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2013 at 1:32 AM
  • 82 Replies
  • 500 Total Views

OK I still enjoy talking about food and recipes so I'll do a post for a whole week at a time ;)  If you happen to be on and want to post then great...if not that's ok too.
Just put the date you are posting for ;)

by on Dec. 15, 2013 at 1:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sukainah
by Karen on Dec. 15, 2013 at 9:12 AM

12/15-I actually ate breakfast because I started a B vitamin that says to take with food.  SO we had scrambled eggs, biscuits, turkey bacon and apples.

Lunch-have no idea yet,

Dinner-I hope my DH makes some Dolma as I bought the ingredients for it and he makes it good LOL

taKENheart
by Heatherly on Dec. 15, 2013 at 1:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Yikes it's almost 1pm here and I haven't eaten yet.
Oh I'm glad you got those B vitamins.  Hopefully that will rev up your engine, lol.  I don't like it when you have to take them with food...what if you aren't hungry, lol.  I'm all like, don't tell me to stuff my face, hehe.  I got some supplements recently.  Yesterday I got iron but I hear you need lots of fiber with that one, LOL!!!

I've never had Dolma of course.  Is that the dish that is wrapped in grape leaves?  I heard grape leaves stink, lol.  Is that true?  Surprisingly I found grape leaves at our store but I haven't tried them.

Quoting sukainah:

12/15-I actually ate breakfast because I started a B vitamin that says to take with food.  SO we had scrambled eggs, biscuits, turkey bacon and apples.

Lunch-have no idea yet,

Dinner-I hope my DH makes some Dolma as I bought the ingredients for it and he makes it good LOL

taKENheart
by Heatherly on Dec. 15, 2013 at 3:40 PM

12/15  I had a healthy platter of vegetables, lol.
I had small portions of carrots, celery, cucumber, radish, red bell pepper and broccoli.  Dh added cauliflower.  Also, had 2 slices of roast beef, swiss cheese and 1/2 a hard boiled egg.

It took awhile to cut all that up and make both of our plates.  I guess it isn't so healthy once you add the ranch to dip, lol.  I am going to make ranch with greek yogurt tomorrow so that will make it healthier.  I plan to eat like this for lunch for as long as possible.  Once I get tired of it then I'll probably have to take a day off, lol.

Dinner~Well, because I haven't been doing bld I'm all turned around.  I know I told someone we were having lamb burgers at some point but we haven't done that.
The lamb is thawed but I'm still debating.

vetNmommy
by Pal on Dec. 15, 2013 at 7:52 PM

12/16

Breakfast- nothing since I did not take my meds until 11 and I have to take them on an empty stomach, then wait an hour.

Lunch we had McDs.

Dinner not sure yet, we just got home an hour ago from my parents. (7 hour drive)

taKENheart
by Heatherly on Dec. 15, 2013 at 8:26 PM

You are in the future, time traveler, lol!
Ugh the food and meds thing is a pain.  Dh has to have something in the morning for his meds so I have to keep easy stuff for him since he gets up before I do.

That is a tiring drive I'm sure.

Quoting vetNmommy:

12/16

Breakfast- nothing since I did not take my meds until 11 and I have to take them on an empty stomach, then wait an hour.

Lunch we had McDs.

Dinner not sure yet, we just got home an hour ago from my parents. (7 hour drive)

sukainah
by Karen on Dec. 15, 2013 at 10:29 PM

Yeah, I'm not used to eating something in the morning, so I'll probably just grab a piece of bread or some fruit so I can take it.  Oh gosh, you have to eat a lot of fiber to take the iron?  Fun fun LOL

Yes, Dolma is made with grape leaves.  I don't think they stink, but they do taste a bit sour.  Then it's stuffed with rice and meat and spices.  DH made it!  Yay!  When he makes it he also stuffs onions, tomatoes and zucchini.  It turned out okay.  He's made it before and it turned out better than it did today,  We never measure anything and put on the same spices so it always turns out different LOL....I've made dolma before when I lived in Jordan and my Dh loved it so much he said he liked it more than his mother's.  So I did it right once! LOL  I should be able to do it again.  I used to make my own pita bread from scratch like my DH does.  I want to get back to that method of cooking

Quoting taKENheart:

Yikes it's almost 1pm here and I haven't eaten yet.
Oh I'm glad you got those B vitamins.  Hopefully that will rev up your engine, lol.  I don't like it when you have to take them with food...what if you aren't hungry, lol.  I'm all like, don't tell me to stuff my face, hehe.  I got some supplements recently.  Yesterday I got iron but I hear you need lots of fiber with that one, LOL!!!

I've never had Dolma of course.  Is that the dish that is wrapped in grape leaves?  I heard grape leaves stink, lol.  Is that true?  Surprisingly I found grape leaves at our store but I haven't tried them.

Quoting sukainah:

Lunch-have no idea yet,

taKENheart
by Heatherly on Dec. 15, 2013 at 10:52 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm not either.  I did when I was pregnant but not so much after.  Dh usually will grab some cereal or a muffin if I've made them.
LOL I don't know where I heard that they stink.  Well maybe I'll try it one of these days but I'm a little afraid, hehe.  It kind of sounds good though.  Yeah you should be able to do it again but why not just have it make is foods, lol!
I really enjoyed that video you shared of how your sil made all of that pita bread.

Quoting sukainah:

Yeah, I'm not used to eating something in the morning, so I'll probably just grab a piece of bread or some fruit so I can take it.  Oh gosh, you have to eat a lot of fiber to take the iron?  Fun fun LOL

Yes, Dolma is made with grape leaves.  I don't think they stink, but they do taste a bit sour.  Then it's stuffed with rice and meat and spices.  DH made it!  Yay!  When he makes it he also stuffs onions, tomatoes and zucchini.  It turned out okay.  He's made it before and it turned out better than it did today,  We never measure anything and put on the same spices so it always turns out different LOL....I've made dolma before when I lived in Jordan and my Dh loved it so much he said he liked it more than his mother's.  So I did it right once! LOL  I should be able to do it again.  I used to make my own pita bread from scratch like my DH does.  I want to get back to that method of cooking

Quoting taKENheart:
sukainah
by Karen on Dec. 15, 2013 at 11:21 PM

Mmmm, muffins LOL

Yes, try dolma sometime and see if you like it or not.  Maybe just try to make a little batch at first and remember, you can stuff other veggies, like potatoes etc too.

I should just let him make his food.  He never likes mine anyway LOL

Yeah, I really love that video of my SIL making the bread.  It's fun to see the culture.

Quoting taKENheart:

I'm not either.  I did when I was pregnant but not so much after.  Dh usually will grab some cereal or a muffin if I've made them.
LOL I don't know where I heard that they stink.  Well maybe I'll try it one of these days but I'm a little afraid, hehe.  It kind of sounds good though.  Yeah you should be able to do it again but why not just have it make is foods, lol!
I really enjoyed that video you shared of how your sil made all of that pita bread.

Quoting sukainah:

Quoting taKENheart:

taKENheart
by Heatherly on Dec. 15, 2013 at 11:32 PM

LOL!  I don't care for muffins but dh likes the minis so he can just gobble one for his meds.
I'll see if dh would be willing to try them with me, lol.  Do you eat the grape leaves too or just unwrap them and eat the stuffing?  I'm thinking you eat the whole thing since you said they are a little sour, lol.
That video was impressive.  She looks like she's been making them for years...maybe even as a child.  She looks like a pro!  Yeah I like to learn about different cultures ;)  I agree it's fun to see.

Quoting sukainah:

Mmmm, muffins LOL

Yes, try dolma sometime and see if you like it or not.  Maybe just try to make a little batch at first and remember, you can stuff other veggies, like potatoes etc too.

I should just let him make his food.  He never likes mine anyway LOL

Yeah, I really love that video of my SIL making the bread.  It's fun to see the culture.

Quoting taKENheart:
taKENheart
by Heatherly on Dec. 16, 2013 at 1:41 PM

12/16
I snacked on some olives.  Remember I'm trying some tips from Dr. Oz.  I only had 1/4 cup so still have another 1/4 to go.

Having salad for lunch.  The bagged lettuce we got Saturday are already starting to brown :/  The cucumber is water logged and inside the celery there are brownish spots and I'm not sure if I can eat that.  What if it's mold? LOL!

Dinner will be Yakiniku stir fry. I love it.  In Japan they have these restaurants specifically for yakiniku.  The table has a cooker in the middle and so you get to cook your own thin meats and it's sooo good. Yaki means grilled and niku means meat.  Anyway, I found a recipe on pinterest so I'm hoping the sauce is good. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)