Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

RIP for 3 stars

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:47 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 153 Total Views

We lost the last remaining female munchkin from the Wizard of Oz.  She was 95.  RIP Ruth Robinson Duccini.

Also, Russell Johnson who played the Professor on Gilligan's Island.  He was 89. RIP Russell Johnson.

Also, Dave Madden who played the band manager on the Partridge Family.  He was 82.  RIP Dave Madden.

I used to love watching The Wizard of Oz as a child.  I also watched Gilligan's Island but I never really watched The Partridge Family.

by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
vetNmommy
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:55 PM

Aww!! ):

taKENheart
by Heatherly on Jan. 16, 2014 at 10:06 PM

Yeah :( but at least they had long lives especially Miss Ruth ;)

Quoting vetNmommy:

Aww!! ):

SHORTSHORT
by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 4:20 PM
Really I didn't know the Professor died
taKENheart
by Heatherly on Jan. 21, 2014 at 4:30 PM

Yeah, not long ago :(

Quoting SHORTSHORT: Really I didn't know the Professor died

SHORTSHORT
by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 4:39 PM
Wow how sad an icon an it wasn't more public. If ut were Kanye or Kim it would have flooded us for days

Quoting taKENheart:

taKENheart
by Heatherly on Jan. 21, 2014 at 5:27 PM

Maybe they did something on one of those 20/20 type of shows for him and his family.  I sure hope so.

Quoting SHORTSHORT: Wow how sad an icon an it wasn't more public. If ut were Kanye or Kim it would have flooded us for days

Quoting taKENheart:

SHORTSHORT
by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 6:35 PM
I normally watch 20/20 I didn't see or not even on Today show less I missed it but I noticed alot of these icons death go unnoticed not like 10 yrs ago when they did something in tribute to them

Quoting taKENheart:

Maybe they did something on one of those 20/20 type of shows for him and his family.  I sure hope so.

Quoting SHORTSHORT: Wow how sad an icon an it wasn't more public. If ut were Kanye or Kim it would have flooded us for days

Quoting taKENheart:

taKENheart
by Heatherly on Jan. 21, 2014 at 6:39 PM

Aww that's just sad.  I saw it on the MSN homepage and then later I saw a post on CM.

Quoting SHORTSHORT: I normally watch 20/20 I didn't see or not even on Today show less I missed it but I noticed alot of these icons death go unnoticed not like 10 yrs ago when they did something in tribute to them

Quoting taKENheart:

Quoting taKENheart:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)