Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

B-L-D 6/1-6/7

Posted by on May. 31, 2014 at 9:40 PM
  • 100 Replies
  • 893 Total Views

What's cooking this week?

by on May. 31, 2014 at 9:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
taKENheart
by Heatherly on May. 31, 2014 at 9:49 PM
1 mom liked this

6/1
Breakfast: Spinach mozzarella omelet and a V8 vegetable juice.
Mid-morning snack: 1-2 turkey lettuce wraps

Lunch: Dilled Shrimp Salad with Herb-Dill Dressing served on
Romaine (was supposed to have someting else but the avocado isn't ripe).
Mid-Afternoon snack: Celery with Laughing Cow Cheese

Dinner: Baked Chicken, sauteed Broccoli and Cauliflower, and a tossed salad (mixed greens, cucumbers, bell peppers and cherry tomatoes)

Dessert: I won't make it but the meal plan includes Mocha Ricotta Creme.

JenniferW67
by Friend on Jun. 2, 2014 at 12:12 AM
1 mom liked this

I like it!!

Quoting taKENheart:

6/1Breakfast: Spinach mozzarella omelet and a V8 vegetable juice.Mid-morning snack: 1-2 turkey lettuce wrapsLunch: Dilled Shrimp Salad with Herb-Dill Dressing served on Romaine (was supposed to have someting else but the avocado isn't ripe).Mid-Afternoon snack: Celery with Laughing Cow CheeseDinner: Baked Chicken, sauteed Broccoli and Cauliflower, and a tossed salad (mixed greens, cucumbers, bell peppers and cherry tomatoes)Dessert: I won't make it but the meal plan includes Mocha Ricotta Creme.

JenniferW67
by Friend on Jun. 2, 2014 at 12:16 AM
1 mom liked this

6-1

B-Coffee and fresh fruit

L-skipped and had a couple cocktails with DH when he came home from his trip.

D-Meatloaf for DH and Neatloaf for me....lol... spinach mashed potatoes, gravy, salad and cake for dessert.

taKENheart
by Heatherly on Jun. 2, 2014 at 12:48 AM

HAHA Nice lunch!
LOL is Neatloaf!  Love it!  What is it made from, navy beans?
Oooh I bet I could do a spinach faux mashed potatoes side!  Thanks for the idea!  I could stuff to make it loaded!
Oh how I love gravy! 

Quoting JenniferW67:

6-1

B-Coffee and fresh fruit

D-Meatloaf for DH and Neatloaf for me....lol... spinach mashed potatoes, gravy, salad and cake for dessert.

LaniBee
by Pal on Jun. 2, 2014 at 11:47 AM
2 moms liked this
Sounds good, you guys!

6/2

I just ate a bunch of fruit. Later this afternoon I will probably make a grilled chicken sandwich on whole wheat.
JenniferW67
by Friend on Jun. 2, 2014 at 12:27 PM
1 mom liked this

lol...I made a fresh batch of iced tea, but Captain Morgans and Coke sounded pretty yummy. lol

Hehe....neatloaf was eggs, mashed tofu, brown ice, sauteed onions and garlic, seasoning, ricotta or cottage cheese all mixed  up and then you add lots of Sepecial K cereal, I used bran flakes and then you bake it for an hour and top it with a glaze. I like the loaf enough, but didn't care for the glaze recipe.

We are gravy lovers here too.

I think my sister is doing a kind of Southbeach diet. They just started yesterday. They are cutting out the gluten in their diets too. THey tried it once before and felt great, but then just started to slide back inito old eating habbits. Her kids were always asking for fast food and that made it hard. She said she started to really like lettuce burgers. They serve them at In-N Out and Carl's Jr. Do you eat those?

Quoting taKENheart:

HAHA Nice lunch!LOL is Neatloaf!  Love it!  What is it made from, navy beans?Oooh I bet I could do a spinach faux mashed potatoes side!  Thanks for the idea!  I could stuff to make it loaded! Oh how I love gravy! 

Quoting JenniferW67:

6-1

B-Coffee and fresh fruit

JenniferW67
by Friend on Jun. 2, 2014 at 12:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Sounds good to me! How were you able to handle it?

Quoting LaniBee: Sounds good, you guys! 6/2 I just ate a bunch of fruit. Later this afternoon I will probably make a grilled chicken sandwich on whole wheat.

LaniBee
by Pal on Jun. 2, 2014 at 2:06 PM
2 moms liked this
I can tolerate fruits, egg beaters, Thomas whole wheat English muffins and grilled chicken very well. I hope to keep expanding the variety as the week goes on!

Quoting JenniferW67:

Sounds good to me! How were you able to handle it?

Quoting LaniBee: Sounds good, you guys!

6/2

I just ate a bunch of fruit. Later this afternoon I will probably make a grilled chicken sandwich on whole wheat.

taKENheart
by Heatherly on Jun. 2, 2014 at 3:53 PM
1 mom liked this

There are a couple fruits that I could eat on all day instead of other foods.  Sounds good!  I get tired of chicken but I do love a chicken sandwich.  Once I incorporate carbs again I'm going to try to go whole wheat ;)

Quoting LaniBee: Sounds good, you guys! 6/2 I just ate a bunch of fruit. Later this afternoon I will probably make a grilled chicken sandwich on whole wheat.

taKENheart
by Heatherly on Jun. 2, 2014 at 4:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow, lol!  I'm reading my replies and it looks like I would start to finish a thought but didn't, lol.  I was really focusing on the movie we were watching.  Oops!

That sounds refreshing!

Oh wow!  That's quite inventive!  That's too bad about the glaze. 

I love brown mushroom gravy and white gravy...Mmmm!

I heard getting rid of gluten makes people feel better even if they don't have Celiac's disease.  Ugh kids, lol.  They can really make it hard when you want to make a big change in eating habits.  Even if you don't make them eat the same as you, you see and smell their yummy meal, lol.

I haven't had a lettuce burger but I know I would like it.  We are having a patty some time this week along with a salad.  Maybe I'll just make them into lettuce burgers instead.  Great idea!

Quoting JenniferW67:

lol...I made a fresh batch of iced tea, but Captain Morgans and Coke sounded pretty yummy. lol

Hehe....neatloaf was eggs, mashed tofu, brown ice, sauteed onions and garlic, seasoning, ricotta or cottage cheese all mixed  up and then you add lots of Sepecial K cereal, I used bran flakes and then you bake it for an hour and top it with a glaze. I like the loaf enough, but didn't care for the glaze recipe.

We are gravy lovers here too.

I think my sister is doing a kind of Southbeach diet. They just started yesterday. They are cutting out the gluten in their diets too. THey tried it once before and felt great, but then just started to slide back inito old eating habbits. Her kids were always asking for fast food and that made it hard. She said she started to really like lettuce burgers. They serve them at In-N Out and Carl's Jr. Do you eat those?

Quoting taKENheart:
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)