Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bugs!

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2014 at 7:59 PM
  • 20 Replies
  • 155 Total Views

Lately there have been these brown bugs out on the deck.  They remind me of roaches but we've never had roaches out here.  I've never noticed them before we planted our vegetables etc...  I think they can fly too.  Do you think the veggies brought them around?  Wonder what they are.  I don't want them in my house.  I won't plant anything again if they get bad, lol.

by on Jun. 13, 2014 at 7:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bmw29
by Spitfire_Bobbie on Jun. 13, 2014 at 8:08 PM
Are they giant? Take a picture and I'll tell you what they are. LOL
taKENheart
by Heatherly on Jun. 13, 2014 at 8:14 PM
1 mom liked this

No, they are pretty small but shaped kind of like a roach but maybe not as crunchy, lol.  I mean they look light weight and not substantial, lol.  I think they only come out at night which also reminds me of roaches.  Ewww!!!  They seem to be attracted to light like June bugs.  I've never seen them before.  I'll see if I can get a pic before it gets too dark.

Quoting bmw29: Are they giant? Take a picture and I'll tell you what they are. LOL

JenniferW67
by Buddy on Jun. 14, 2014 at 7:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Huh....I have no idea. We have the same kind of bugs every year. Never any surprises. Weird that you've never seen thme before. I doubt they came with the veggies, but you never know.

taKENheart
by Heatherly on Jun. 14, 2014 at 8:30 PM

It is weird.  I just don't know where they could have come from.  They just better stay out of my house.  I already have to deal with roly polies, spiders and scorpions.

Quoting JenniferW67:

Huh....I have no idea. We have the same kind of bugs every year. Never any surprises. Weird that you've never seen thme before. I doubt they came with the veggies, but you never know.

LaniBee
by Pal on Jun. 14, 2014 at 9:04 PM
1 mom liked this

It would be time for me to move!  lol

Quoting taKENheart:

It is weird.  I just don't know where they could have come from.  They just better stay out of my house.  I already have to deal with roly polies, spiders and scorpions.

Quoting JenniferW67:

taKENheart
by Heatherly on Jun. 14, 2014 at 9:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Lol is it sad that I'm pretty used to it?  I've only been stung twice in 10yrs.  Dh just once and not too long ago.

Quoting LaniBee:

Quoting taKENheart:

Quoting JenniferW67:

LaniBee
by Pal on Jun. 14, 2014 at 9:14 PM
1 mom liked this

STUNG?!!!  WTH?!!!!  

I wouldn't say it's sad that you're used to it because down here we have "Palmetto Bugs" ... and if you've ever lived in any other part of the universe, you know damn well they are roaches!  They love the sink drains and gosh help ya if you're too lazy to clean up any crumbs on the counter. We're used to them, but it's a constant vigil!

Quoting taKENheart:

Lol is it sad that I'm pretty used to it?  I've only been stung twice in 10yrs.  Dh just once and not too long ago.

Quoting LaniBee:

Quoting taKENheart:

Quoting JenniferW67:

taKENheart
by Heatherly on Jun. 14, 2014 at 9:38 PM

Yep!  The very first year we were here one decided it wanted to get upclose and personal and was on my chest in the middle of the night in my bed while I was sleeping.  It must have woken me slightly and I rubbed my chest with my hand and BAM!  I got up real quick and turned the light on.  Sure enough I found it on the comforter.  

Oh gosh!  Are those the HUGE roaches?  I think I've seen them before.  So do you get some here and there even though you keep everything clean?  Yikes those would creep me out. 

Quoting LaniBee:

STUNG?!!!  WTH?!!!!  

I wouldn't say it's sad that you're used to it because down here we have "Palmetto Bugs" ... and if you've ever lived in any other part of the universe, you know damn well they are roaches!  They love the sink drains and gosh help ya if you're too lazy to clean up any crumbs on the counter. We're used to them, but it's a constant vigil!

Quoting taKENheart:

Quoting LaniBee:

Quoting taKENheart:

Quoting JenniferW67:

JenniferW67
by Buddy on Jun. 14, 2014 at 10:54 PM
1 mom liked this

I would have FREAKED!

Quoting taKENheart:

Yep!  The very first year we were here one decided it wanted to get upclose and personal and was on my chest in the middle of the night in my bed while I was sleeping.  It must have woken me slightly and I rubbed my chest with my hand and BAM!  I got up real quick and turned the light on.  Sure enough I found it on the comforter.  Oh gosh!  Are those the HUGE roaches?  I think I've seen them before.  So do you get some here and there even though you keep everything clean?  Yikes those would creep me out. 

Quoting LaniBee:

STUNG?!!!  WTH?!!!!  

Quoting taKENheart:

Quoting LaniBee:

Quoting taKENheart:

Quoting JenniferW67:

JenniferW67
by Buddy on Jun. 14, 2014 at 10:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh man, the pressure! Do you have to keep flour and sugar in sealed containers? It must get too cold here for bugs. We get daddy long legs and some other little kind of spider, but nothing very large.

Quoting LaniBee:

STUNG?!!!  WTH?!!!!  

Quoting taKENheart:

Quoting LaniBee:

Quoting taKENheart:

Quoting JenniferW67:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)