Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Good News!

Posted by on Jun. 24, 2014 at 3:29 PM
  • 10 Replies
  • 78 Total Views

So, you girls know I recently had a bout of Pancreatitis and ended up in the hospital for a few days (about a month ago) ... I just got my lab results back from a blood test I had this morning. All of the enzymes that get elevated during an attack are back to the normal range. Hopefully, that's the end of that! lol

Overall, my total Cholesterol went up (I need to work on raising HDL's and lowering the LDL's), BUT, my Triglycerides have gone way down:

April 2013 Triglycerides = 717

June 2014 Triglycerides = 191

I am really happy because this means I won't have to go on medication to lower it. I'll get another blood test in 3-6 months and hopefully by then I will have dropped a few pounds and the rest of the Cholesterol numbers will be good!

dancing

by on Jun. 24, 2014 at 3:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
taKENheart
by Heatherly on Jun. 24, 2014 at 5:17 PM
1 mom liked this

That's wonderful news!  I be you are so relieved!
You've been eating pretty healthy so I'm surprised your cholesterol went up. 

LaniBee
by Buddy on Jun. 24, 2014 at 5:40 PM

Ya, I don't know what's up with that. I'm hoping a little weight loss once I get back to the gym will take care of that. I've also got a list of foods to get when I go shopping later this week. But, I certainly am relieved. I was really hoping all this healthy eating wasn't in vain!  

Quoting taKENheart:

That's wonderful news!  I be you are so relieved!You've been eating pretty healthy so I'm surprised your cholesterol went up. 

taKENheart
by Heatherly on Jun. 24, 2014 at 6:11 PM

Yeah, going to the gym might help with all the healthy eating.  I have been doing some light weights at home every few days.  
Lol all my healthy eating is all in vain, lol! 

Quoting LaniBee:

Ya, I don't know what's up with that. I'm hoping a little weight loss once I get back to the gym will take care of that. I've also got a list of foods to get when I go shopping later this week. But, I certainly am relieved. I was really hoping all this healthy eating wasn't in vain!  

Quoting taKENheart:

That's wonderful news!  I be you are so relieved!You've been eating pretty healthy so I'm surprised your cholesterol went up. 

LaniBee
by Buddy on Jun. 24, 2014 at 6:29 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm doing some weights at home, too. They're only 6 lbs. What I really need to be doing is working on my tushy!  lol

Quoting taKENheart:

Yeah, going to the gym might help with all the healthy eating.  I have been doing some light weights at home every few days.  Lol all my healthy eating is all in vain, lol! 

Quoting LaniBee:

Quoting taKENheart:

taKENheart
by Heatherly on Jun. 24, 2014 at 6:38 PM
1 mom liked this

I have 5lbs and then I have to go up to 10s.  I don't have anything in between.

Omg right!  My butt cheeks are like two pancakes, lol.  I hate butt exercises though. 

Quoting LaniBee:

I'm doing some weights at home, too. They're only 6 lbs. What I really need to be doing is working on my tushy!  lol

Quoting taKENheart:

.panda.
by Panda Bear on Jun. 24, 2014 at 6:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Awesome news!!
LaniBee
by Buddy on Jun. 24, 2014 at 6:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Ha Ha!  So are mine! 

Quoting taKENheart:

I have 5lbs and then I have to go up to 10s.  I don't have anything in between.

Omg right!  My butt cheeks are like two pancakes, lol.  I hate butt exercises though. 

Quoting LaniBee:

Quoting taKENheart:

LaniBee
by Buddy on Jun. 24, 2014 at 6:58 PM

:-)  Thank you!

Quoting .panda.: Awesome news!!

JenniferW67
by Friend on Jun. 26, 2014 at 10:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Yay!! Good job! You must be so relieved. So the bad cholesterol is down, but overall the number is higher? Maybe your good is just way up? Did they say?

LaniBee
by Buddy on Jun. 26, 2014 at 11:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you; I am very relieved!

The nurse said my overall number went up a bit higher than recommended (by 40 points, I think) and the lousy number was higher.  It's OK, though. I'm confident I can get them all straightened out with a few months of eating right and exercise! 

Quoting JenniferW67:

Yay!! Good job! You must be so relieved. So the bad cholesterol is down, but overall the number is higher? Maybe your good is just way up? Did they say?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN