Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

B-L-D 6/29-7/5

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 3:47 PM
  • 102 Replies
  • 1431 Total Views
1 mom liked this

Wow I can't believe how fast summer is going.

What will you be serving up this week? 

This is how I feel today, lol!

by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 3:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LaniBee
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 5:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Ha Ha Ha! I feel like that most days!

Youngest DD and I are home alone today. We just finished a 5 episode marathon of Dr. Who and ate a couple of chicken sandwiches with some fruit. 

I might make some popcorn later and there are 2 boxes of mini cupcakes in the pantry for DD to break open!  

taKENheart
by Heatherly on Jun. 29, 2014 at 5:23 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL!  Today was light work out day so I got through it.  Instead of doing 4 sets of every exercise I do 2 sets.  

Now that sounds like a nice day.  Now I'm craving one of those breaded chicken sandwiches from McDs, lol.

Quoting LaniBee:

Youngest DD and I are home alone today. We just finished a 5 episode marathon of Dr. Who and ate a couple of chicken sandwiches with some fruit. 

I might make some popcorn later and there are 2 boxes of mini cupcakes in the pantry for DD to break open!  

LaniBee
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 6:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Good for you having a light work out day!

We took the kids to the beach yesterday and I am so sore from bobbing around in the ocean. But I'm just thankful I didn't get eaten by a shark or something! I hate the beach!  lol

Oooops! I love those chicken sandwiches from McD's!  

Quoting taKENheart:

LOL!  Today was light work out day so I got through it.  Instead of doing 4 sets of every exercise I do 2 sets.  Now that sounds like a nice day.  Now I'm craving one of those breaded chicken sandwiches from McDs, lol.

Quoting LaniBee:

taKENheart
by Heatherly on Jun. 29, 2014 at 6:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Yeah, I like that much better, lol.  It takes 1/2 the time ;)

I don't really like the beach either.  Sand in your crevices for days and the fear of jellyfish and sharks doesn't make it appealing, lol.  The kids probably had fun.

LOL Everything from McDs is like crack. 

Quoting LaniBee:

We took the kids to the beach yesterday and I am so sore from bobbing around in the ocean. But I'm just thankful I didn't get eaten by a shark or something! I hate the beach!  lol

Quoting taKENheart:
taKENheart
by Heatherly on Jun. 29, 2014 at 6:36 PM
2 moms liked this

6/29
Pinto bean soup

Had some cucumber salad
Turkey lettuce wraps

Chicken and umm... maybe roasted broccoli and cabbage.  I don't know.  Hmm or maybe I'll make a broccoli cheese to stuff in the chicken and have the roasted cabbage on the side. 

LaniBee
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 6:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Mmmmm ... I vote for broccoli cheese stuffed chicken!  

Quoting taKENheart:

6/29Pinto bean soupHad some cucumber saladTurkey lettuce wrapsChicken and umm... maybe roasted broccoli and cabbage.  I don't know.  Hmm or maybe I'll make a broccoli cheese to stuff in the chicken and have the roasted cabbage on the side. 

JenniferW67
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 6:59 PM
2 moms liked this

Ahhhhh!!! I can't even imagine bobbing in the ocean. I have a hard enough time bobbing in our lake. I'm pretty sure a shark has figured out a way to survive in the fresh water and I'll be the first documents casualty. lol Can you see your feet when you're in the water there?

Quoting LaniBee:

Quoting taKENheart:

LOL!  Today was light work out day so I got through it.  Instead of doing 4 sets of every exercise I do 2 sets.  Now that sounds like a nice day.  Now I'm craving one of those breaded chicken sandwiches from McDs, lol.

Quoting LaniBee:

JenniferW67
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 7:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Oooooo.. I'll have to try roasting cabbage. How do you cut it and season it?

Quoting taKENheart:

6/29Pinto bean soupHad some cucumber saladTurkey lettuce wrapsChicken and umm... maybe roasted broccoli and cabbage.  I don't know.  Hmm or maybe I'll make a broccoli cheese to stuff in the chicken and have the roasted cabbage on the side. 

LaniBee
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 7:07 PM
2 moms liked this

LOL   Ya know what's funny, when I was a kid we pretty much lived at my Aunt's cabin on a lake in Maine. The water was freezing and there were leaches and water moccasins but we had the best time. NOW? Oh heck no, I don't do lakes at all and the only reason I go in the ocean is because the girls wanted to go and it's too dang hot to sit on the beach and sweat!  LOL Usually they go by themselves, but I had to postpone my youngest DD's birthday wish to go to the beach, so we had to go!

No, you cannot see your feet in the water here. And there are a couple reports of shark attacks on the news every summer. There here tons of people in the water yesterday. I have a trained eye out for fish jumping - when the water starts to "bubble" I head for the shore! 

There was just a story this week of a Bullshark that was in a pond at a local park, It took a week to catch it and they let it go in the river. Where people water ski! Bullsharks are very aggressive and can live in saltwater, brackish and fresh water! Gives me the heee beee jeebies just thinking about it!  lol

Quoting JenniferW67:

Ahhhhh!!! I can't even imagine bobbing in the ocean. I have a hard enough time bobbing in our lake. I'm pretty sure a shark has figured out a way to survive in the fresh water and I'll be the first documents casualty. lol Can you see your feet when you're in the water there?

Quoting LaniBee:

Quoting taKENheart:

Quoting LaniBee:

JenniferW67
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 7:09 PM
1 mom liked this

6-29

B-coffee and a breakfast sandwich

L/D-DH had grilled chicken and I had chick-n. lol we both had mashed potatoes and gravy, coleslaw and yellow cake with chocolate icing and vanilla ice cream.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)