Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's happening today? (Sunday)

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 5:32 PM
  • 29 Replies
  • 460 Total Views

Well, we got HBO and Cinemax for free this weekend.  It amazes me that people pay for these channels.  Every time we get it there are old movies or movies we've seen a hundred times already.
They played Moonstruck earlier and now Godfather is on.

We ended up watching an old Whoopi movie that we actually hadn't seen.  It's called Bogus.  I watched it while I worked out. Dh just put it on Kicking and Screaming. 

Anyway, anyone doing anything exciting?  We aren't, lol. 

by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 5:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LaniBee
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 6:17 PM
2 moms liked this

Nothing exciting here.

Hey, weren't we just discussing Moonstruck last week or so?!  I haven't seen any of the Godfather movies. They are on my To-Do list, though! I figure I've seen "Goodfellas" so many times, it oughta count for something!  lol

I think the same thing about those movie channels. We had them free when we first signed up for cable and when I called to cancel the package the woman couldn't believe it. She kept telling my how every Friday they offered a "new" movie. She didn't get it when I told her those "new movies" were at least 10 years old and I've seen them all multiple times!  lol

JenniferW67
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 6:48 PM
2 moms liked this

We've had a chill day. We slept in, had breakfast, went to church, came home and made an early dinner and now we're watching movies. It's chilly, blustery and looks like it could rain any second, just the right weather to hibernate.

How was your workout?

taKENheart
by Heatherly on Jun. 29, 2014 at 6:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Yeah, I saw in the other post you did a Dr. Who marathon.  To some people that is exciting :)

YES we were discussing that movie a little bit ago.  How funny!
You know, I own all the Godfather movies and was going to watch them all because I felt like the only person in America that hasn't seen them.  I think we started one and didn't finish it.  I don't think I've seen Goodfellas but it counts, lol.  I have seen Scarface.

You would think on the free weekends they would play lots of good and newer movies to sucker you in.  There is no reason to get these channels and have to pay.  It's bad enough that there are 100 channels you pay for that you don't even watch or want.  

Quoting LaniBee:

Nothing exciting here.

Hey, weren't we just discussing Moonstruck last week or so?!  I haven't seen any of the Godfather movies. They are on my To-Do list, though! I figure I've seen "Goodfellas" so many times, it oughta count for something!  lol

I think the same thing about those movie channels. We had them free when we first signed up for cable and when I called to cancel the package the woman couldn't believe it. She kept telling my how every Friday they offered a "new" movie. She didn't get it when I told her those "new movies" were at least 10 years old and I've seen them all multiple times!  lol

LaniBee
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 6:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Scarface was OK!

You're right about them showing newer movies. You'd think people would get sucked into paying for the channels. I can't believe how many channels we have and yet there's never anything on! We listen to the music channels a lot. 

The other day I walked into the living room and the TV was blaring on the Home Shopping Network ... and there was no one watching!  lol  I was mesmerized for a minute when I noticed that all you have to do is push the "OK" button on your remote to easily order whatever you want!  

Quoting taKENheart:

Yeah, I saw in the other post you did a Dr. Who marathon.  To some people that is exciting :)YES we were discussing that movie a little bit ago.  How funny!You know, I own all the Godfather movies and was going to watch them all because I felt like the only person in America that hasn't seen them.  I think we started one and didn't finish it.  I don't think I've seen Goodfellas but it counts, lol.  I have seen Scarface.You would think on the free weekends they would play lots of good and newer movies to sucker you in.  There is no reason to get these channels and have to pay.  It's bad enough that there are 100 channels you pay for that you don't even watch or want.   

Quoting LaniBee:

Nothing exciting here.

taKENheart
by Heatherly on Jun. 29, 2014 at 6:59 PM

Sounds nice.  I wish it was a little chilly here and we need the rain.  Those are the best kind of Sundays.  Find any good movies?

It was good and quick, lol.  My legs are just still slightly sore so when I did "good morning" (hamstrings) I couldn't bend all the way to the floor, lol.  Walking upstairs and downstairs was a little shakey, lol. 

Quoting JenniferW67:

We've had a chill day. We slept in, had breakfast, went to church, came home and made an early dinner and now we're watching movies. It's chilly, blustery and looks like it could rain any second, just the right weather to hibernate.

How was your workout?

LaniBee
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 6:59 PM
2 moms liked this

I would love a blustery, chilly day to stay inside and hibernate. The sunshine and heat gets a bit tedious after a while! Although we are in the swing of hurricane season and we've been having thunderstorms just about every afternoon. Looks like one is ramping up now. 

Quoting JenniferW67:

How was your workout?

taKENheart
by Heatherly on Jun. 29, 2014 at 7:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Yeah, it was pretty good.  I wouldn't watch it again though.

Right?!?!  There is never anything on especially on the weekends.  The only thing that saves me during the week during the daytime is my soaps.  Luckily we have a lot of primetime shows to spread out during the evenings for the week.  

Ugh, they shouldn't have it so all you have to do is hit OK!  What if a kid did it without understanding what they were doing! 

Quoting LaniBee:

Scarface was OK!

You're right about them showing newer movies. You'd think people would get sucked into paying for the channels. I can't believe how many channels we have and yet there's never anything on! We listen to the music channels a lot. 

The other day I walked into the living room and the TV was blaring on the Home Shopping Network ... and there was no one watching!  lol  I was mesmerized for a minute when I noticed that all you have to do is push the "OK" button on your remote to easily order whatever you want!  

Quoting taKENheart:
LaniBee
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 7:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Ya, that was a long movie!  

I watch a lot of junk when I'm home alone! Mostly I just leave the TV on for background noise, but I usually get sucked into something I had no intention of watching. Have you ever seen that show with Tyra Banks, "Next Top Model"? I had never seen it before but one morning I turned on the TV and it was on. By the time I got settled in, I was hooked! 13 hours later ... I HAD to see who won!  

My grandson accidentally bought a bajillion bananas on the tablet for Minion Rush (it's a Despicable Me game)! His dad purchased some for him and apparently the financial information didn't close out before he started pushing buttons! It wasn't so bad, but I guess he spent them all in about 10 minutes!  lol   So I can see how a kid could end up buying a lot of stuff off the TV! 

Quoting taKENheart:

Yeah, it was pretty good.  I wouldn't watch it again though.Right?!?!  There is never anything on especially on the weekends.  The only thing that saves me during the week during the daytime is my soaps.  Luckily we have a lot of primetime shows to spread out during the evenings for the week.  Ugh, they shouldn't have it so all you have to do is hit OK!  What if a kid did it without understanding what they were doing! 

Quoting LaniBee:

Scarface was OK!

Quoting taKENheart:

JenniferW67
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 7:16 PM
2 moms liked this

What's the temp there? How close have you been to a hurricane? I can't imagine. So, they warn you of how big they think it'll get? I mean, how do you know what to do?

They keep saying it's supposed to warm up, but it hasn't. It feel like spring here. "They" say we're supposed to hit 90 on Tues. Hmmmm....we'll see. lol

Quoting LaniBee:

I would love a blustery, chilly day to stay inside and hibernate. The sunshine and heat gets a bit tedious after a while! Although we are in the swing of hurricane season and we've been having thunderstorms just about every afternoon. Looks like one is ramping up now. 

Quoting JenniferW67:

How was your workout?

LaniBee
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 7:40 PM
1 mom liked this

The high today was 93. I think I heard the heat index earlier this week was 102. We stay a little cooler here because we are close to the ocean.

The last hurricane we endured was in 2004. We actually had 4 storms in 6 weeks! 

The first 2 storms didn't hit us directly, but the second 2 did. Like WHAM BAM within 2 weeks almost at the same landfall point. I don't remember what category they were but we have a general family rule to evacuate at 3 or higher, and we stayed so it must have been a 2 or lower. The first time we lost power for 8 or 9 days. Got it back for about 6 or 7 days and it went out again with the next storm for another week or so. 

We just board up the house and stock up on supplies. We have a metal roof and hurricane shutters on all the windows. Plus we have a whole house, natural gas generator. (We didn't have any of these things back in 2004!) Live and learn quickly! We've been lucky since. There have been a few named storms but nothing hurricane worthy since. KNOCK ON WOOD!  lol

The worst part for me is that DH gets called in for mandatory duty indefinitely so I'm left alone at home to hold down the fort.

Do you like the hot weather? I hate it!  I really miss the seasons and changes in weather from one minute to the next back home in New England.

Quoting JenniferW67:

What's the temp there? How close have you been to a hurricane? I can't imagine. So, they warn you of how big they think it'll get? I mean, how do you know what to do?

They keep saying it's supposed to warm up, but it hasn't. It feel like spring here. "They" say we're supposed to hit 90 on Tues. Hmmmm....we'll see. lol

Quoting LaniBee:

Quoting JenniferW67:

How was your workout?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)