Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

B-L-D 8/3-8/9

Posted by on Aug. 3, 2014 at 2:27 PM
  • 150 Replies
  • 1067 Total Views

What's cooking this week?

LOL I thought this was appropriate.

by on Aug. 3, 2014 at 2:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
taKENheart
by Heatherly on Aug. 3, 2014 at 2:34 PM
1 mom liked this

8/3
Breakfast burrito (slices of turkey breast, scrambled eggs, bell peppers and onions on a spelt soft tortillas shell)

Snack: Oven baked sweet potato fries (supposed to be lol)

Lunch: Baked Cashew Chicken + 1c of blackberries (I have decided that I don't like blackberries so they are in my water)

Snack: Hot smoked oysters and cucumber rounds

Dinner: Turkey breast with roasted sweet potatoes.  I'm going to have to have a talk with the author, lol.  I can't switch from white to a sweet potato.  I can do the brown rice now and the qunioa but I'm going to have to say forget the sweet tater, ick.

JenniferW67
by Friend on Aug. 3, 2014 at 6:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Do you like the spelt tortillas? I've never had any for of spelt. lol that word cracks me up. lol I like sweet potatoes just one way, wrapped in foil and baked until really soft and topped with butter and S&P or cottage cheese and chives. That's it! I hate SP fries or any kind of SP casserole. But, there is another recipe I want to try making, SP hash. My neighbor keeps saying I need to try it. She grates it and sautes it with some onion until golden crispy and tops it with a fried egg and crumbled bacon. Can you blend up the blackberries and stir them in with your quinoa? I like the taste of them, just  not the crunchy seeds.

Quoting taKENheart:

8/3Breakfast burrito (slices of turkey breast, scrambled eggs, bell peppers and onions on a spelt soft tortillas shell)Snack: Oven baked sweet potato fries (supposed to be lol)Lunch: Baked Cashew Chicken + 1c of blackberries (I have decided that I don't like blackberries so they are in my water)Snack: Hot smoked oysters and cucumber roundsDinner: Turkey breast with roasted sweet potatoes.  I'm going to have to have a talk with the author, lol.  I can't switch from white to a sweet potato.  I can do the brown rice now and the qunioa but I'm going to have to say forget the sweet tater, ick.

JenniferW67
by Friend on Aug. 3, 2014 at 6:09 PM
1 mom liked this

8-3

Had to take DH to the airport and left the house at 4am. Icky!!

B-coffee and a really great breakfast burrito

L/D-buffalo tofu sandwich, chips, sugar snap peas and a popcicle

taKENheart
by Heatherly on Aug. 3, 2014 at 6:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, actually they aren't bad at all.  Dh tried the bread yesterday and it was good too.  I had a nibble of a corner.  I don't think I could even eat it as a baked potato :/  That hash does sound pretty interesting.  Maybe if I could get the sp fries crispy then I could learn to like them.  I have even soaked them in cold water and that method didn't help at all.

Yes, there is one breakfast recipe that you stir them into your quinoa. Yeah...the seeds are the worst part of them, ick!

Quoting JenniferW67:

Do you like the spelt tortillas? I've never had any for of spelt. lol that word cracks me up. lol I like sweet potatoes just one way, wrapped in foil and baked until really soft and topped with butter and S&P or cottage cheese and chives. That's it! I hate SP fries or any kind of SP casserole. But, there is another recipe I want to try making, SP hash. My neighbor keeps saying I need to try it. She grates it and sautes it with some onion until golden crispy and tops it with a fried egg and crumbled bacon. Can you blend up the blackberries and stir them in with your quinoa? I like the taste of them, just  not the crunchy seeds.

Quoting taKENheart:

8/3

taKENheart
by Heatherly on Aug. 3, 2014 at 7:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh gosh that is super early!  
Do you nap?
I've never ever had a tofu sandwich.  I bet you enjoy them.  Are you going to be making easy, light meals while he's gone?
Oh and I decided to make that hash tonight that you were describing. 

Quoting JenniferW67:

8-3

LaniBee
by Buddy on Aug. 3, 2014 at 7:12 PM
2 moms liked this

8/3

Whole Roasted Chicken, Spinach Patties, Stove Top Stuffing and Salad.

LaniBee
by Buddy on Aug. 3, 2014 at 7:15 PM
1 mom liked this

That Tofu sandwich sounds good! I first had tofu by accident. I was at one of those whole food, health stores with the big bar of food you can get to go. I saw this delicious looking chicken with veggies and filled a 50 gallon drum full of the stuff. Well, it wasn't chicken! I liked it and I get it once in a while. I soak it in soy or teriyaki sauce and bake it. I'm the only one that eats it, though, so I rarely buy it.

Quoting JenniferW67:

8-3

JenniferW67
by Friend on Aug. 3, 2014 at 7:16 PM
1 mom liked this

I got up at 3:30 and I was back home at 6:00. It was cloudy and was tempted to crawl back in bed. lol I have never been able to nap, only if I'm really, really sick. I'll be heading to bed early tonight. THe sandwich was good. It was tofu sliced kind of thin and then pan fried until cripsy and then swished with wing sauce. Then you topped it with sauteed onions and mushroom and blue cheese dressing. Not very healthy, but it was as good as anything I've tried at a restaurant.

Oh cool! Tell me if you like the hash. Are you going to do the egg and bacon? I don't remember if she seasoned them with anything, but you're a  tinkerer lol I hope it turns out.

Quoting taKENheart:

Oh gosh that is super early!  Do you nap?I've never ever had a tofu sandwich.  I bet you enjoy them.  Are you going to be making easy, light meals while he's gone?Oh and I decided to make that hash tonight that you were describing. 

Quoting JenniferW67:

8-3

JenniferW67
by Friend on Aug. 3, 2014 at 7:18 PM
2 moms liked this

Yummmmm.....what was in the spinach patties? I love that whole meal combo!!

Quoting LaniBee:

8/3

Whole Roasted Chicken, Spinach Patties, Stove Top Stuffing and Salad.

JenniferW67
by Friend on Aug. 3, 2014 at 7:23 PM
2 moms liked this

What?! That's a lot of "chicken" and veggies! lol was it like stir fry? I have a couple tofu recipes I like, but I don't eat it very often. I have a fakin' bacon recipe that we love for blts, a couple Asian recipes and then I'll lightly fry it until crispy when I'm craving something with a meaty texture.

Quoting LaniBee:

That Tofu sandwich sounds good! I first had tofu by accident. I was at one of those whole food, health stores with the big bar of food you can get to go. I saw this delicious looking chicken with veggies and filled a 50 gallon drum full of the stuff. Well, it wasn't chicken! I liked it and I get it once in a while. I soak it in soy or teriyaki sauce and bake it. I'm the only one that eats it, though, so I rarely buy it.

Quoting JenniferW67:

8-3

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN