Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

B-L-D 8/10-8/16

Posted by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 3:28 PM
  • 60 Replies
  • 625 Total Views

What's on the menu this week?

by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 3:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
taKENheart
by Heatherly on Aug. 10, 2014 at 3:38 PM

8/10
Turkey, bell pepper, onion, egg whites with taco sauce on a spelt tortilla

Baked Cashew Chicken and 1 cup of fruit ...cherries

Veggie bean chili...1/2 to be frozen for next weekend ;)

Snacks are going to be hard today because I don't want sweet potato fries or oysters with cucumber rounds, lol. Ugh! 

LaniBee
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 4:34 PM
1 mom liked this

8/9

We had a big cook out with the family. Just burgers and Italian sausages, pasta salad, chips & dip and some deviled eggs. And a bunch of cookies for dessert.

The last cookout we had, I tried the Morningstar Mediterranean Chickpea Burgers. They were good, but a little dry.

This time I tried the Morningstar Original Grillers. I liked them much better! DH tossed one on the grill and it came out pretty good. Still a little dry, but I liked the flavor. 

LaniBee
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 4:34 PM
1 mom liked this

8/10

DH is working. The girls and I ate some leftovers from yesterday and dinner will be whatever we drum up at the grocery store!  lol

taKENheart
by Heatherly on Aug. 10, 2014 at 5:15 PM
1 mom liked this

At least the flavor wasn't bad and it wasn't too dry.  I hate a dry burger and then you feel like you have to slather mayo on it, lol.  
I do miss me some chips.  My friend told me that she saw Lay's Bacon Mac & Cheese!  *drools 

Quoting LaniBee:

8/9

We had a big cook out with the family. Just burgers and Italian sausages, pasta salad, chips & dip and some deviled eggs. And a bunch of cookies for dessert.

The last cookout we had, I tried the Morningstar Mediterranean Chickpea Burgers. They were good, but a little dry.

This time I tried the Morningstar Original Grillers. I liked them much better! DH tossed one on the grill and it came out pretty good. Still a little dry, but I liked the flavor. 

taKENheart
by Heatherly on Aug. 10, 2014 at 5:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Speaking of drums...mind thinks of chicken, LOL!
You could always pick you up a hunk of chicken lol...like a rotisserie and then you don't even have to cook it.

Quoting LaniBee:

8/10

DH is working. The girls and I ate some leftovers from yesterday and dinner will be whatever we drum up at the grocery store!  lol

LaniBee
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 6:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh yes, I hate a dry burger.

DH got a bag of those Bacon Mac & Cheese chips the other day, so I HAD to try a couple!  Not bad. Tasted a little bit like a mild BBQ chip. A hint of smokey-ness, I thought. 

Quoting taKENheart:

At least the flavor wasn't bad and it wasn't too dry.  I hate a dry burger and then you feel like you have to slather mayo on it, lol.  I do miss me some chips.  My friend told me that she saw Lay's Bacon Mac & Cheese!  *drools 

Quoting LaniBee:

8/9

LaniBee
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 6:21 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL  Now you have chicken on yo brain!  That's a good idea, actually. The girls can throw some in a tortilla and call it a taco! Or fajita. 

We ended up with a bag of Shrimp Scampi pasta (Bertoli, I think it was, frozen stuff in a bag). It was pretty yummy. I'm going to remember the rotisserie chicken, though, for the next day DH works. I don't know why I never think to buy those things! 

Quoting taKENheart:

Speaking of drums...mind thinks of chicken, LOL!You could always pick you up a hunk of chicken lol...like a rotisserie and then you don't even have to cook it.

Quoting LaniBee:

8/10

taKENheart
by Heatherly on Aug. 10, 2014 at 6:34 PM

It's not even worth eating when they are dry.

Oh cool!  I'd probably like them.  Have you seen the cappuccino flavored ones?
sarcasm 

Quoting LaniBee:

DH got a bag of those Bacon Mac & Cheese chips the other day, so I HAD to try a couple!  Not bad. Tasted a little bit like a mild BBQ chip. A hint of smokey-ness, I thought. 

Quoting taKENheart:
LaniBee
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 6:37 PM
1 mom liked this

I did see the cappuccino ... not sure I'd give those a try!  lol

Quoting taKENheart:

It's not even worth eating when they are dry.Oh cool!  I'd probably like them.  Have you seen the cappuccino flavored ones?sarcasm 

Quoting LaniBee:

Quoting taKENheart:

taKENheart
by Heatherly on Aug. 10, 2014 at 6:42 PM

Lol yeah I do!  Yes that would be good or also making hot subs with it too.

Those Bertoli meals are so easy and convenient when you don't want to cook.  I only think about them because they have a warmer at the front of the commissary...or if I want to roast a chicken but it's too hot...OR (lol) if we are out late and I don't want to cook when I get home.  I would have done that the other night but we already had the meal plan.

Quoting LaniBee:

LOL  Now you have chicken on yo brain!  That's a good idea, actually. The girls can throw some in a tortilla and call it a taco! Or fajita. 

We ended up with a bag of Shrimp Scampi pasta (Bertoli, I think it was, frozen stuff in a bag). It was pretty yummy. I'm going to remember the rotisserie chicken, though, for the next day DH works. I don't know why I never think to buy those things! 

Quoting taKENheart:
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)