Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Food.com lovers

Posted by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:31 PM
  • 24 Replies
  • 469 Total Views

I went there today and the community forums are GONE!  They've been promising for a good while to make it so old posts can still can be read but still haven't followed through.  No new posts can be made in the forums. 

Anyway, I'm reading a blog with hundreds of comments about this.  People are so mad.  Well, I'm going to suggest that if you have any favorite recipes saved there that you go there as soon as possible and either print them out or save them to Word or something.  People might quit going there after they've saved or printed out their favorite recipes especially the old Zaar vets.  This makes me think that they will lose their sponsors and therefore the site may disappear one day and you'll never be able to find your favorite recipes again.

:( I just saved 2 of mine.  One is for Gyros and one is for 3meat chili. These recipes are specific to food.com.  Sure I can find other recipes for these but I love these and want to be able to make them forever.

by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JenniferW67
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 10:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Ugh...I know they are circling the bowl. I freaked a while back because I couldn't find my saved recipes. I went back over my reviews and pinned them on Pinterest. I can't belive how fast Food.com screwed things up after taking over Recipe Zaar. It's  a real shame. They had a solid community. : (

taKENheart
by Heatherly on Aug. 10, 2014 at 10:53 PM
1 mom liked this

They have been circling the crapper for awhile, lol.  I'm afraid pinning them on pinterest won't work.  It pins the site so it links it directly to food.com.  If the site disappears then your pins won't work. 
Many people have told me they just started printing them out because they've had recipes disappear on pinterest :/

They had a very solid community and I miss many of them. 

Quoting JenniferW67:

Ugh...I know they are circling the bowl. I freaked a while back because I couldn't find my saved recipes. I went back over my reviews and pinned them on Pinterest. I can't belive how fast Food.com screwed things up after taking over Recipe Zaar. It's  a real shame. They had a solid community. : (

taKENheart
by Heatherly on Aug. 10, 2014 at 11:05 PM

Also, if you are a fan of Kittencals then she does have her own site with all of her recipes there.  I wouldn't be surprised if she is able to start her own community forums up eventually.  I hear the Zaar vets have gone over there but I haven't checked it out yet.  I wonder if Potsie is there :( I miss him!

JenniferW67
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 11:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh yeah....lol.....duh....lol I guess I better get printing!!!

Why didn't they just leave it alone?!

Quoting taKENheart:

They have been circling the crapper for awhile, lol.  I'm afraid pinning them on pinterest won't work.  It pins the site so it links it directly to food.com.  If the site disappears then your pins won't work. Many people have told me they just started printing them out because they've had recipes disappear on pinterest :/They had a very solid community and I miss many of them. 

Quoting JenniferW67:

taKENheart
by Heatherly on Aug. 10, 2014 at 11:33 PM

I'm sure you have time but if there is a few that you know you love then I'd get to it, lol.  You just never know when someone will hit the lever to flush it down for good, lol.  I wouldn't worry about Kittencals because she has a website but I wonder about Potsie's.

I don't know but people haven't been happy for years and years.  They should have left it alone since it was working just fine as Zaar :/ 

Quoting JenniferW67:

Oh yeah....lol.....duh....lol I guess I better get printing!!!

Why didn't they just leave it alone?!

Quoting taKENheart:
lovinmyboys...
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 11:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Do you remember that recipe I gave you the other day for cabbage roll casserole? Well, reheated the next day and using it as a dip for tortilla chips.....YUM!
taKENheart
by Heatherly on Aug. 10, 2014 at 11:47 PM

Oh yes!  That was the layers of meat, veg/cabbage casserole and then at the end you added the mix of shredded mozzarella (cheese) with the egg?

So glad you liked it as leftovers with yummy tortilla chips!  *drools!!!! 

Quoting lovinmyboys...: Do you remember that recipe I gave you the other day for cabbage roll casserole? Well, reheated the next day and using it as a dip for tortilla chips.....YUM!

lovinmyboys...
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 11:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Yup. Even my 2 yr old liked it! Just had to share the chip idea.

Quoting taKENheart:

Oh yes!  That was the layers of meat, veg/cabbage casserole and then at the end you added the mix of shredded mozzarella (cheese) with the egg?So glad you liked it as leftovers with yummy tortilla chips!  *drools!!!! 

Quoting lovinmyboys...: Do you remember that recipe I gave you the other day for cabbage roll casserole? Well, reheated the next day and using it as a dip for tortilla chips.....YUM!

taKENheart
by Heatherly on Aug. 11, 2014 at 12:12 AM

That's fabulous!  I wish I could do chips right now but I definitely will when this vacation is over.  Glad it was a hit!

Quoting lovinmyboys...: Yup. Even my 2 yr old liked it! Just had to share the chip idea.
Quoting taKENheart:

Oh yes!  That was the layers of meat, veg/cabbage casserole and then at the end you added the mix of shredded mozzarella (cheese) with the egg?So glad you liked it as leftovers with yummy tortilla chips!  *drools!!!! 

LaniBee
by on Aug. 11, 2014 at 9:31 AM
1 mom liked this

I am an old Zaar lover, too! In fact, that's how I found Cafemom. There was an ad on a page and I clicked on it. It was July 3, 2007. And I've been here ever since!  lol

Anyway, I couldn't use Food.com for a while because it wouldn't open using the Google Chrome browser. It had something to do with the Rosetta Stone disc I run to learn Italian. It had an issue with the updated Adobe reader (or something like that) and Food.com wouldn't run on the older version I had to keep. I was bummed. But I'm all back in order now. I haven't looked for my profile yet with all my saved recipes. I should go do that. I got the one recipe my entire family will gobble up with no complaints from asking in the forums - "Chinese Chicken with Black Pepper Sauce". Thankfully, I wrote it down years ago and I've since adjusted it to our specific needs.

I have been meaning to check for my saved recipes. I'm also going to try to find Kittencal. I never liked the new site. Didn't one of the regular guys quit? Can't remember his name, but he was pissed off about something.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)