Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you are old enough...

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 12:11 AM
  • 37 Replies
  • 542 Total Views

pick a movie you loved 30yrs ago.  If you aren't then pick one 20yrs ago, lol...and so on ;)
I just saw a preview for a show that has James Spader in it.  It reminded me that I liked a movie he was in back in 1985!  It was Tuff Turf, lol.  I looked it up and it even has Robert Downey Jr. in it but I don't remember him in it.  Kim Richards was in it too.  She was in Escape From Witch Mountain, lol.

by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 12:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LaniBee
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 8:42 AM
1 mom liked this

1983:

LaniBee
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 8:44 AM
1 mom liked this

I had no idea James Spader did anything else!  LOL  DH and I were just talking about watching last season's Blacklist since it seems to be such a big hit.

I like RDJ. I'm happy he finally got it together.

taKENheart
by Heatherly on Sep. 23, 2014 at 1:42 PM

E.T. was a good one too.  Lol!  I didn't even pay attention to what his show is about.  I was just looking at his face.  He looks different but I guess that's aging for ya. 

I love RDJ too ;)  

Quoting LaniBee:

I had no idea James Spader did anything else!  LOL  DH and I were just talking about watching last season's Blacklist since it seems to be such a big hit.

I like RDJ. I'm happy he finally got it together.

vetNmommy
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 4:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Well 30 years ago I was in my Mommy's tummy. haha

20 years ago, my favorite movie was The little mermaid, or pochahontas. lol

taKENheart
by Heatherly on Sep. 23, 2014 at 5:33 PM

LOL!
Those are good ones.  I loved The Little Mermaid too. 

Quoting vetNmommy:

Well 30 years ago I was in my Mommy's tummy. haha

20 years ago, my favorite movie was The little mermaid, or pochahontas. lol

JenniferW67
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 5:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Hmmmm...Too hard for me to pick just one. Indiana Jones, Romancing The Stone, Better Off Dead, Raising Arizona, Breakfast Club, PeeWee's Big Adventure, She's Having A Baby, Crimes Of The Heart should all be about that old. I think we owned all of those on VHS. Wow...It was easier to come with those than I expected. I'm sure there were tons more that I really liked.

taKENheart
by Heatherly on Sep. 23, 2014 at 6:25 PM
1 mom liked this

That's quite a list, lol.  I think I've seen all of those except Better Off Dead.  Do you still have any VHS tapes?  I think we still have all our old Disney ones.  I don't know what to do with them.

Quoting JenniferW67:

Hmmmm...Too hard for me to pick just one. Indiana Jones, Romancing The Stone, Better Off Dead, Raising Arizona, Breakfast Club, PeeWee's Big Adventure, She's Having A Baby, Crimes Of The Heart should all be about that old. I think we owned all of those on VHS. Wow...It was easier to come with those than I expected. I'm sure there were tons more that I really liked.

JenniferW67
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 7:00 PM
1 mom liked this

No, we got rid a bunch when we moved up here and then I just found more when I opened a chest that we've used as a tv stand in our guest bedroom. We got rid of the tv and tapes. It was kinda sad. Do you buy movies anymore?

Quoting taKENheart:

That's quite a list, lol.  I think I've seen all of those except Better Off Dead.  Do you still have any VHS tapes?  I think we still have all our old Disney ones.  I don't know what to do with them.

Quoting JenniferW67:

taKENheart
by Heatherly on Sep. 23, 2014 at 7:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Yeah, I need to do something with ours but heck I hate to toss out Disney movies even though they are on tape, lol.
No, we don't buy movies anymore unless I LOVE it.  I think the last time we bought movies were from a Hollywood video store that was going out of business but they were all used.
Other than that I bought the entire series of Friends in a nice box set ;) 

Quoting JenniferW67:

No, we got rid a bunch when we moved up here and then I just found more when I opened a chest that we've used as a tv stand in our guest bedroom. We got rid of the tv and tapes. It was kinda sad. Do you buy movies anymore?

Quoting taKENheart:
LaniBee
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 8:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Lots of goodies here!    I love Raising Arizona!   lol

Quoting JenniferW67:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)