Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mammogram!

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 8:10 AM
  • 24 Replies
  • 424 Total Views

I'm going this morning to get my lovely yearly exam!

Anyone else enjoy this special treat?  

by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 8:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
vetNmommy
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 11:23 AM
1 mom liked this

Aww, I am sorry!  I hope it goes okay!

I have never had one done.  I will be thirty next month so I think I have a while to go. 

LaniBee
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 4:37 PM

Oh my goodness!  I didn't realize you were such a baby!  lol 

The girl was on fire today. I left the house at 9 am and I was back home by 10! Should get the results next week. Usually I get a diagnostic test so they make you wait while the films get read and you know you're clear before you leave the appointment. I don't like having to wait.

Quoting vetNmommy:

Aww, I am sorry!  I hope it goes okay!

I have never had one done.  I will be thirty next month so I think I have a while to go. 

taKENheart
by Heatherly on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:39 PM
1 mom liked this

I've never had one.  I am not sure you can with implants, lol.  Talk about a blow out, lol!

JenniferW67
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Ouch!! I have little boobies and dread getting them done. I hope it wasn't too painful for you.

LaniBee
by on Nov. 25, 2014 at 7:54 AM
2 moms liked this

I have implants. My doc orders an ultrasound about every other year on top of the regular screening. It's a little interesting when they pull the implant down to get behind it, but I've never had any problems. 

Quoting taKENheart:

I've never had one.  I am not sure you can with implants, lol.  Talk about a blow out, lol!

LaniBee
by on Nov. 25, 2014 at 7:57 AM
1 mom liked this

It's funny, this year is the 5th time for me and I never understood why women said it was painful and they didn't want to go. I've never had any problems. Until last year! I must have got the equivalent of Heather's brutal massage girl, because she just went to town and I was sore for 3 days!  This time was fine, though. The lady was so apologetic about everything and super nice. 

Quoting JenniferW67:

Ouch!! I have little boobies and dread getting them done. I hope it wasn't too painful for you.

JenniferW67
by on Nov. 25, 2014 at 10:01 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh good... Glad you had a good technician. That's horrible that it hurt for three days! I bet you were scared to go back. I've only had it done three times. My friend used to do them and she told me to make sure to tell the scheduler that I had small boobs and to put me with someone experienced even if it means waiting longer for an appt. I think they did the best they could with what they had to work with. lol  I usually have to get an ultrasound done afterward, I have bumpy boobs. Do you get that done too?

Quoting LaniBee:

It's funny, this year is the 5th time for me and I never understood why women said it was painful and they didn't want to go. I've never had any problems. Until last year! I must have got the equivalent of Heather's brutal massage girl, because she just went to town and I was sore for 3 days!  This time was fine, though. The lady was so apologetic about everything and super nice. 

Quoting JenniferW67:

JenniferW67
by on Nov. 25, 2014 at 10:03 AM
1 mom liked this

ooops...I just asked if you get ultrasounds done in my reply. Oh wow..that must be weird when they move the implant. That has to hurt.

Quoting LaniBee:

I have implants. My doc orders an ultrasound about every other year on top of the regular screening. It's a little interesting when they pull the implant down to get behind it, but I've never had any problems. 

Quoting taKENheart:

LaniBee
by on Nov. 25, 2014 at 10:33 AM

It's always good to get some advice from someone who knows. And the technician does make a big difference. I've had an ultrasound done twice. I wish they could just do that instead of the whole machine, but such is the life of having boobies, I suppose!  LOL

Quoting JenniferW67:

Oh good... Glad you had a good technician. That's horrible that it hurt for three days! I bet you were scared to go back. I've only had it done three times. My friend used to do them and she told me to make sure to tell the scheduler that I had small boobs and to put me with someone experienced even if it means waiting longer for an appt. I think they did the best they could with what they had to work with. lol  I usually have to get an ultrasound done afterward, I have bumpy boobs. Do you get that done too?

Quoting LaniBee:

Quoting JenniferW67:

LaniBee
by on Nov. 25, 2014 at 10:35 AM

It doesn't hurt but it does feel kind of strange. I didn't even go the first year I was supposed to because I was afraid my implants would explode! But, it's pretty common and not as traumatic as I thought it would be.

Quoting JenniferW67:

ooops...I just asked if you get ultrasounds done in my reply. Oh wow..that must be weird when they move the implant. That has to hurt.

Quoting LaniBee:

Quoting taKENheart:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)