Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Lets see those Christmas trees!!!

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 3:55 PM
  • 17 Replies
  • 498 Total Views

We decided to set our tree up yesterday since we will not be home on Thanksgiving. (:

by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 3:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LaniBee
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 4:45 PM

It's so pretty! I love it! 

We'll be putting ours up the first weekend in December, depending on when our oldest DD finishes up her finals and comes home. I'll come back and post a photo then.

JenniferW67
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:51 PM

Nice!
I bet your kids were excited to get it put up.

We usually go out and cut one down the day after Thanksgiving, but DH will most likely be working so we'll try and get it any chance we get this week. All of our ornaments went missing when we moved here, so we just have the basics now. Just lights and few bulbs, I've kind of liked how simple it is now.

taKENheart
by Heatherly on Nov. 24, 2014 at 8:30 PM

Nice!  I never put mine up until Thanksgiving night or during that weekend.  I didn't put one up last year but I think I will this year.

LaniBee
by on Nov. 25, 2014 at 6:02 PM
2 moms liked this

I actually like the tree with just some lights and no ornaments! I could keep it up all year and use it as "mood lighting"! LOL!!

Quoting JenniferW67:

Nice! I bet your kids were excited to get it put up.

We usually go out and cut one down the day after Thanksgiving, but DH will most likely be working so we'll try and get it any chance we get this week. All of our ornaments went missing when we moved here, so we just have the basics now. Just lights and few bulbs, I've kind of liked how simple it is now.

JenniferW67
by on Nov. 25, 2014 at 6:34 PM
2 moms liked this

I've been really surprised that I haven't missed all of our old ornaments and I love how easy it is to take it down. lol I'm getting so lazy!! Oh....I love that lighting. I thought about getting some of those branches with the lights, but I don't think it would be the same.

Quoting LaniBee:

I actually like the tree with just some lights and no ornaments! I could keep it up all year and use it as "mood lighting"! LOL!!

Quoting JenniferW67:

LaniBee
by on Nov. 25, 2014 at 6:46 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm getting a little lazy lately, too! DH and I were just talking about how nice it would be to have a "Grinch Christmas Tree" ... the one he folds up like an umbrella with everything still on it! How nice that would be - one swift move and it's up or put away!  lol

I do like those branches with the lights. The white ones remind of the birch trees back home.

Quoting JenniferW67:

I've been really surprised that I haven't missed all of our old ornaments and I love how easy it is to take it down. lol I'm getting so lazy!! Oh....I love that lighting. I thought about getting some of those branches with the lights, but I don't think it would be the same.

Quoting LaniBee:

Quoting JenniferW67:

taKENheart
by Heatherly on Nov. 25, 2014 at 11:33 PM
1 mom liked this

No ornaments? LOL!  I used to have a fake tree (maybe a fake ficus...can't remember) and I put lights on it because I had seen a friend do it.  I loved it.  Maybe you could do that ;)

Quoting LaniBee:

Quoting JenniferW67:

taKENheart
by Heatherly on Nov. 25, 2014 at 11:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Wonder what happened to your old ornaments.  I've gotten lazy too.  I didn't even put one up last year.  I knew someone that put lights on her curtains for mood lighting.  She used clear lights and draped them to the floor and back up and back down.  It looked so good at night.

Quoting JenniferW67:

Quoting LaniBee:

Quoting JenniferW67:

JenniferW67
by on Nov. 26, 2014 at 10:53 AM
2 moms liked this

We have no idea what happened to them. We remember seeing them when we moved into this house. We put them in our shop and then never saw them again. They were in those green and red tubs. I honestly can't imagine somebody stealing them. My DH has some really valuable stuff in there and it seems like a thief would have taken those things. It's a real mystery. I have totally have years like that, where I don't feel much inspiration,but  it seems to come back. Oooo...I bet that looked nice. Maybe that's the trick, to mix it up! I get tired of seeing the same stuff every year, so in a way it was a blessing to have to start over, even though I haven't really replaced much. We've had a tree every year but one and that was because we were moving. But I've cut boughs from our fir trees and put them in big vases and hung a few bulbs on those and think that could be a nice tree substitute when we get tired of hauling trees in.

Quoting taKENheart:

Wonder what happened to your old ornaments.  I've gotten lazy too.  I didn't even put one up last year.  I knew someone that put lights on her curtains for mood lighting.  She used clear lights and draped them to the floor and back up and back down.  It looked so good at night.

Quoting JenniferW67:

Quoting LaniBee:

Quoting JenniferW67:

LaniBee
by on Nov. 26, 2014 at 1:27 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL!  I have a ficus tree with clear lights on it! It's in the corner of my dining room. Makes a great night light! 

Quoting taKENheart:

No ornaments? LOL!  I used to have a fake tree (maybe a fake ficus...can't remember) and I put lights on it because I had seen a friend do it.  I loved it.  Maybe you could do that ;)

Quoting LaniBee:

Quoting JenniferW67:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)