Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pain In My Neck!

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 8:50 AM
  • 32 Replies
  • 529 Total Views

Seriously. I woke up this morning with a major pain in the side of my neck. I had it earlier in the week, too. Monday morning. I thought it might be stress related, but then it went away yesterday and now it's back. 

I think it might be my pillow.  I've got a down feather pillow, but it's about 5 yrs old. How often are you supposed to change your pillow? Anyway, I think I'm going to go look for a new one today. 

by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 8:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
vetNmommy
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 12:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Ohh it you can go to Sams club!  They have these cooling gel pillows.  They are like 35 dollars or so.  We bought ours almost two years ago and we LOVE them!  They have not lost their fluffyness or whatever!

LaniBee
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 3:28 PM

Thanks! I will definitely go check out Sam's. Can you believe I went to run errands today and I completely forgot to look for one!  lol  

Quoting vetNmommy:

Ohh it you can go to Sams club!  They have these cooling gel pillows.  They are like 35 dollars or so.  We bought ours almost two years ago and we LOVE them!  They have not lost their fluffyness or whatever!

JenniferW67
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 4:53 PM
1 mom liked this

I hate that! I've had issues with my neck over the years from stress and working at my old job. I saw a Chiropractor a few time and he was able to help, but I also changed my pillows and bought some firmer ones at Costco. I think they helped a lot. I still have a super soft down alternative, but only use it a couple times a month.

LaniBee
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 5:14 PM

I am totally starting to believe it's that dang pillow. After I got up and started moving around today, the crick felt a lot better. Probably why I completely forgot to look for one while I was out!  lol

Quoting JenniferW67:

I hate that! I've had issues with my neck over the years from stress and working at my old job. I saw a Chiropractor a few time and he was able to help, but I also changed my pillows and bought some firmer ones at Costco. I think they helped a lot. I still have a super soft down alternative, but only use it a couple times a month.

taKENheart
by Heatherly on Dec. 4, 2014 at 10:16 PM
1 mom liked this

I have been meaning to read your post but I was out shopping and then tried to get caught up on my notifications.  Boy is my internet fighting me tonight!

Like Katy mentioned there are these really neat cooling type pillows and you can also find that at Bed Bath & Beyond.  My dh has neck issues and the doctor told him to get one of those contour pillows.  He has really bad issues though and needs surgery so you probably don't need one of those.

I kind of wonder about those memory foam ones.  I need new pillows too so let me know if you get a good one ;)  Hope that neck pain stops.   

LaniBee
by on Dec. 5, 2014 at 7:21 AM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like that internet is nothing but trouble!  lol

I'm hoping to go out later today and look around. I need to bring my jammies and find a comfy bed to test out the different pillows!  haha

I'll let you know what I find. ;-)

Quoting taKENheart:

I have been meaning to read your post but I was out shopping and then tried to get caught up on my notifications.  Boy is my internet fighting me tonight!Like Katy mentioned there are these really neat cooling type pillows and you can also find that at Bed Bath & Beyond.  My dh has neck issues and the doctor told him to get one of those contour pillows.  He has really bad issues though and needs surgery so you probably don't need one of those.I kind of wonder about those memory foam ones.  I need new pillows too so let me know if you get a good one ;)  Hope that neck pain stops.   

taKENheart
by Heatherly on Dec. 5, 2014 at 3:39 PM
1 mom liked this

It is just awful!

HAHAHA  I would love to go out in my jammies and scare the world.  Enjoy!  I hope you find a good pillow. 

Quoting LaniBee:

I'm hoping to go out later today and look around. I need to bring my jammies and find a comfy bed to test out the different pillows!  haha

Quoting taKENheart:
LaniBee
by on Dec. 5, 2014 at 7:23 PM
2 moms liked this

Well, I went to about 5 different stores. There are A LOT of pillows! I've narrowed it down to something fluffy yet firm and 3 different kinds of memory foam!  I couldn't decide, so I just came home.  lol  I guess first I need to figure out how much money I want to spend. I really want something good, so I'll probably wait till after Christmas so I don't feel guilty about spending a good chunk of change. lol

Quoting taKENheart:

It is just awful!HAHAHA  I would love to go out in my jammies and scare the world.  Enjoy!  I hope you find a good pillow. 

Quoting LaniBee:

Quoting taKENheart:

taKENheart
by Heatherly on Dec. 5, 2014 at 9:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Yeah there are, lol!  Ah man you didn't get a single pillow.  You could just make it your Christmas gift and get it early.  I sure hope you don't spend too much on a pillow that turns out not to work out for you.  That would stink!

Quoting LaniBee:

Well, I went to about 5 different stores. There are A LOT of pillows! I've narrowed it down to something fluffy yet firm and 3 different kinds of memory foam!  I couldn't decide, so I just came home.  lol  I guess first I need to figure out how much money I want to spend. I really want something good, so I'll probably wait till after Christmas so I don't feel guilty about spending a good chunk of change. lol

Quoting taKENheart:
JenniferW67
by on Dec. 6, 2014 at 12:02 AM
1 mom liked this

It can be so tough to choose. We stayed at a Hampton Inn once and I fell in love with the pillow I slept on. lol I wrote down the name of the brand but never found the exact pillow. I was soft but firm, like down, but then it had chunks of memory foam mixed in. I ended up getting a memory foam and I like it, but it can feel kind of hard after sleeping on it a few hours. I just bought another type tat is a little softer, but I'm still looking for that wonderful pillow I slept on at that hotel. lol I looked online and Hampton Inn sells bedding products, but only down and down alternative pillows, but not the one with the chunks. lol

Quoting LaniBee:

Quoting taKENheart:

It is just awful!HAHAHA  I would love to go out in my jammies and scare the world.  Enjoy!  I hope you find a good pillow. 

Quoting LaniBee:

Quoting taKENheart:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)