Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Light Seeing

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 11:43 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • 139 Total Views

Anyone else drive around to look at Christmas lights?

We have a large park that has corporations around town sponsor and set up all kinds of light displays. For years you could pay a few dollars for a car load (get a discount if you bring some canned goods) and drive through to look at them. A couple of years ago, they added one night for walking through it. I have gone with the girls the last 2 yrs and we had so much fun. There's all kinds of craft and food vendors. Santa and Mrs. Claus - just a lot of people and very cheery. This year, DH worked and Casey wasn't home yet so Carly and I went on our own and we had a great time.

DH is working a 48 shift (a-friggin'-gain), so the girls and I might go to drive through and then go around town to the different neighborhoods and see what people put up! 

by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 11:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
JenniferW67
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 12:01 PM
2 moms liked this

DH and I have a list of adresses that are having Christmas light displays. I'm hoping we can go see some of them in the next few days. One of them in pretty close, so if all else fails, I would like to make it a point to at least go see that one. One of them has carolers, hot chocolate, cotton candy and camels you can feed. lol

Sorry he's working. I know how that is. It can be really tough to plan anything. That sounds like fun! How close is that to you? How chilly is there are night?

taKENheart
by Heatherly on Dec. 20, 2014 at 2:05 PM
2 moms liked this

We used to go to the college in town that would put up a big scene and also have camels and such.  Some of the homes in the area also decorate.  This was in my hometown though.  I haven't done it much since I was a teen though.  Jennifer's sounds like a nice one too.  They didn't have food vendors or hot chocolate though.  That sounds much nicer.  We are rarely out at night and I don't like the cold so I doubt we'll go this year.
That's nice that you were still able to enjoy it with Carly so far this year.  Sorry he had another 48hr shift. 

LaniBee
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 5:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh wow, that's awesome! I haven't seen any carolers or camels around here!  lol

The big park display is about 5 minutes up the road, so it's very close. I'd say it's been in the 50's and 60's during the early evening hours (when we would be out and about). I think the lows are probably in the mid to high 40's. It's supposed to be in the upper 70's the next couple of days, so I'm sure it won't dip down very low at night. 

Quoting JenniferW67:

DH and I have a list of adresses that are having Christmas light displays. I'm hoping we can go see some of them in the next few days. One of them in pretty close, so if all else fails, I would like to make it a point to at least go see that one. One of them has carolers, hot chocolate, cotton candy and camels you can feed. lol

Sorry he's working. I know how that is. It can be really tough to plan anything. That sounds like fun! How close is that to you? How chilly is there are night?

LaniBee
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 5:39 PM

Casey's college had a big event. It's called "Light Up UCF". They have ice skating, fake snow and all kinds of lights and stuff going on. She went with her friends because they do one night where students get in free. She said it was fun!

I don't blame you. If it was cold here, I don't think I would go out. And I don't normally go out at night eitherr. I seem to do it more often now that it's mostly me and Carly at home. She likes to get out of the house and do stuff. She keeps me social!  (Although, I'm not a hundred percent I'm thankful)!!  LOL

Quoting taKENheart:

We used to go to the college in town that would put up a big scene and also have camels and such.  Some of the homes in the area also decorate.  This was in my hometown though.  I haven't done it much since I was a teen though.  Jennifer's sounds like a nice one too.  They didn't have food vendors or hot chocolate though.  That sounds much nicer.  We are rarely out at night and I don't like the cold so I doubt we'll go this year.That's nice that you were still able to enjoy it with Carly so far this year.  Sorry he had another 48hr shift. 

taKENheart
by Heatherly on Dec. 21, 2014 at 9:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Light up UCF sounds like a lot of fun.  That's awesome that they get in free one night.
HAHA maybe on some level you are thankful.  You might turn into a hermit otherwise, lol.  I feel like a hermit sometimes.  If it wasn't for a few relatives  

Quoting LaniBee:

Casey's college had a big event. It's called "Light Up UCF". They have ice skating, fake snow and all kinds of lights and stuff going on. She went with her friends because they do one night where students get in free. She said it was fun!

I don't blame you. If it was cold here, I don't think I would go out. And I don't normally go out at night eitherr. I seem to do it more often now that it's mostly me and Carly at home. She likes to get out of the house and do stuff. She keeps me social!  (Although, I'm not a hundred percent I'm thankful)!!  LOL

Quoting taKENheart:
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)