• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

B-L-D 12/28-1/3

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 2:07 PM
  • 99 Replies
  • 1079 Total Views
Grr...CM is NOT loading again today. It's taken me over 3hrs to reply to 16 notifications. Well, tell us what is on the menu this week ladies ;)
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 2:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
taKENheart
by Heatherly on Dec. 28, 2014 at 2:13 PM

Of course now it loads fine, lol.

I had some more rice and ham for lunch.  I made some iced tea yesterday and I have been sipping on that today.  It is a good change from water all the time.

Ugh I reallllly need to go shopping.
I guess for dinner I'll have baked tilapia, fried okra (not for me) and I'll have to come up with another side at least.   Maybe I'll do baked beans.

LaniBee
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 6:20 PM
1 mom liked this

I love iced tea. I should make some soon!

Do you not like Fried Okra? I have only tried it a couple of times. I could take it or leave it.  lol  Did you season the tilapia with anything special? 

Quoting taKENheart:

Of course now it loads fine, lol.I had some more rice and ham for lunch.  I made some iced tea yesterday and I have been sipping on that today.  It is a good change from water all the time.Ugh I reallllly need to go shopping.I guess for dinner I'll have baked tilapia, fried okra (not for me) and I'll have to come up with another side at least.   Maybe I'll do baked beans.

LaniBee
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 6:21 PM
1 mom liked this

12/28:  We have some leftovers from yesterday. Cheeseburgers, grilled chicken and some pasta salad. 

taKENheart
by Heatherly on Dec. 28, 2014 at 6:45 PM
1 mom liked this

My family and dh's family always have some made.  I don't know why I don't keep it made.  So do you use sugar?  I use 1/4c in 1/2gal but I could go without.  Dh used to have sweet tea during the early years of our marriage and I always had to make my own batch because his was like syrup, lol.

I do like fried okra as long as it is fried too death.  Restaurants never do it to our liking.  I just am scared to eat it because of my recent stomach issues.
LOL I got already breaded and seasoned tilapia this time.   I think it has parmesan in the breading.  It isn't sounding too good to me right now but I'm running out of things to make.

Quoting LaniBee:

I love iced tea. I should make some soon!

Do you not like Fried Okra? I have only tried it a couple of times. I could take it or leave it.  lol  Did you season the tilapia with anything special? 

Quoting taKENheart:

Of course now it loads fine, lol.I had some more rice and ham for lunch.  I made some iced tea yesterday and I have been sipping on that today.  It is a good change from water all the time.Ugh I reallllly need to go shopping.I guess for dinner I'll have baked tilapia, fried okra (not for me) and I'll have to come up with another side at least.   Maybe I'll do baked beans.

taKENheart
by Heatherly on Dec. 28, 2014 at 6:52 PM

I think I'd rather eat at your house, lol.

Quoting LaniBee:

12/28:  We have some leftovers from yesterday. Cheeseburgers, grilled chicken and some pasta salad. 

LaniBee
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 6:56 PM
1 mom liked this

I drink it unsweetened. I actually use green tea bags when I make it at home. LOL @ syrup! 

Oh ya, you don't want to take any chances with fried food when you're tummy has been acting up. You better find something that sounds good soon, or you'll end up eating nothing but grapes and cherries, like me! hehe

Quoting taKENheart:

My family and dh's family always have some made.  I don't know why I don't keep it made.  So do you use sugar?  I use 1/4c in 1/2gal but I could go without.  Dh used to have sweet tea during the early years of our marriage and I always had to make my own batch because his was like syrup, lol.I do like fried okra as long as it is fried too death.  Restaurants never do it to our liking.  I just am scared to eat it because of my recent stomach issues.LOL I got already breaded and seasoned tilapia this time.   I think it has parmesan in the breading.  It isn't sounding too good to me right now but I'm running out of things to make.

Quoting LaniBee:
taKENheart
by Heatherly on Dec. 28, 2014 at 8:14 PM
1 mom liked this

I used to try to make myself drink green tea often but I just never stick with it.  It really was sweeeeeet tea.  I got him to deal with my level of sweetness thank goodness.

Blech that tilapia was nasty.  It was too fishy, lol.  I took like 3 bites.  I give up on fish, lol.  HAHA right?!?!  Thank goodness I still have to cook for dh and ds or I probably wouldn't grocery shop, lol.  I think I could live on watermelon, oranges, chips, air popped popcorn and jerky at the moment.   I'm debating on the bacon, lol.

Quoting LaniBee:

I drink it unsweetened. I actually use green tea bags when I make it at home. LOL @ syrup! 

Oh ya, you don't want to take any chances with fried food when you're tummy has been acting up. You better find something that sounds good soon, or you'll end up eating nothing but grapes and cherries, like me! hehe

Quoting taKENheart:
LaniBee
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 8:37 PM
1 mom liked this

I love tea of any kind. How are you doing with your water? I started measuring mine in a container to drink at least 2 quarts a day. I've been drinking pretty much all of it before I go to bed. (Oh, that reminds me, I finally bought new pillows! I'll go find the other post and put it there.) ANYWHO.....

I also drink a couple of cups of coffee in the morning and it makes me so full I can barely drink any water. Do you get too full if you drink too much?

Aww, that sucks about the fish. I don't like fish if it tastes like fish! That's why I usually like tilapia and other white, flaky types. You gave it a good try, though!

Ooooh, I forgot about popcorn! That's still on my "to eat" list! Whaaaaat? You gonna give up the bacon?!  Nuh uh .......   

Quoting taKENheart:

I used to try to make myself drink green tea often but I just never stick with it.  It really was sweeeeeet tea.  I got him to deal with my level of sweetness thank goodness.Blech that tilapia was nasty.  It was too fishy, lol.  I took like 3 bites.  I give up on fish, lol.  HAHA right?!?!  Thank goodness I still have to cook for dh and ds or I probably wouldn't grocery shop, lol.  I think I could live on watermelon, oranges, chips, air popped popcorn and jerky at the moment.   I'm debating on the bacon, lol.

Quoting LaniBee:

Quoting taKENheart:

JenniferW67
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 8:53 PM
2 moms liked this

grrrr.....I'm thinking my computer doesn't like cm. This is excruciating. I noticed that if I'm on here even a short time the touch pad on my laptop doesn't want to work right. So weird, it works fine on every other website I use.

B-coffee, a breakfast quesadilla and an orange

L-skipped we were out shoveling snow and made an awesome snowman

D-zucchini pasta bake, salad and I'm thinking coconut pinapple ice cream

taKENheart
by Heatherly on Dec. 28, 2014 at 9:10 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm stinking at the water.  I keep forgetting to fill my jug and I'm out of limes.  I sip on water all day and all night but I'm sure I'm not getting near what I need.

Yay for new pillows! I also forgot that I want new pillows, lol.  I think lack of sleep has made my brain mush.  I started getting good sleep the last few days though ;)

Yeah, coffee used to curb my appetite and it took hours before I could eat or drink anything.  I don't drink it anymore really.  I have to be desperate to have a cup.

I don't know why but these tilapias were too fishy for me.  Maybe they were old.  They've been in there awhile.  I did give it a good go of it.  Months ago me and my cm friend did the same fish together every Sunday.  I got burned out.

Popcorn is so good but the older I get the more those pieces get stuck under my gums, lol.  Not sure I could give up bacon.  I really like real bacon over turkey bacon though.  LOL @ Nuh uh!!! 

Quoting LaniBee:

I love tea of any kind. How are you doing with your water? I started measuring mine in a container to drink at least 2 quarts a day. I've been drinking pretty much all of it before I go to bed. (Oh, that reminds me, I finally bought new pillows! I'll go find the other post and put it there.) ANYWHO.....

I also drink a couple of cups of coffee in the morning and it makes me so full I can barely drink any water. Do you get too full if you drink too much?

Aww, that sucks about the fish. I don't like fish if it tastes like fish! That's why I usually like tilapia and other white, flaky types. You gave it a good try, though!

Ooooh, I forgot about popcorn! That's still on my "to eat" list! Whaaaaat? You gonna give up the bacon?!  Nuh uh .......   

Quoting taKENheart:
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)